Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 20347 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2018, 12:47:36 AM »
I was looking through old posts to see when the radar minimum was set to 65ft, some time during 2009. T

This is a good gameplay mechanic, because it gives someone an option if he chooses to, to make a surprise attack on a field, making a new place to fight, and defenders from other side then start to spring up in that location.

If it is not today like this, then i don't know why?  :headscratch: , there are probably more small settings like this that were different in 2009 times, that change the way the game plays, that drove people away.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:52:56 AM by nugetx »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2018, 12:54:26 AM »
Wow, what horrible economy must be today if there are only 40 people online. It must be the depression of the century !

:D

again with the 40 people-you must log in, in the off peak hours-try logging on in the prime time hours.
oh wait you said you don't play.

View Profile
 Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 02:05:39 PM »

Quote from: Lusche on August 14, 2018, 02:04:47 PM

So tell me what changed in AH2 that make the player numbers gradually drop between 2009 and 2016.

]I don't know lol i haven't been here

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:56:31 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2018, 01:02:16 AM »
Hey Gang,

I'm sure no one will have the magic formula here to return AH to the days of glory but the common theme seems to be the loss primarily due to economy back from the hayday and may still have an impact based on costs to play today. Improved graphics / higher end PC requirements, game play changes, introduction of other "free to play" sims, etc are all just additional items thrown into the mix.

I've been here since the Air Warrior days off and on as well so like many of you remember the large masses / multiple arenas and those were some great days. Not to tell HiTech how to run the business but maybe some thoughts on what to look at:

Monthly Subscription - Could it be possible to take a look at the subscription and how it compares to other games today? For example, some of the other sims "free to play" give you the basic / low end aircraft for free. Maybe this is something to be considered (a tiered type of subscription)- a limited set of aircraft, 1 or 2 low end bombers / tanks, etc for free. Then the next set up say for $7.95 a month includes your mid-range fighters / bombers / tanks, and the full monthly fee is any aircraft. ENY would still be in effect though no matter what your subscription but you would now have a multi tier option and draw in more "free to play" players and possibly retain them eventually turning them into paying customers. Again letting them still use any aircraft in the training arenas so they can get a try before you buy is also good.

Training - I can't stress enough the importance of proper introductory training / intro to the game. Our sim is complicated to the new player. HiTech has done a good job recently trying to make changes with the help menus / videos but there is no substitute from getting hands on training from one of the vets that knows the game well. Try to introduce some sort of a pairing / training schedule for newbies could be key to success in this area again.

Communications / Community Involvement / Polls - Keep the changes and improvements coming - that is what will make the game attractive in the future. A key component to that though I think would be to include input from the general community. A good example of this was after all of the recent radar testing a poll was placed upon login to allow you to provide an answer / feedback. More of this type of input "before" new features / changes I am sure would be welcomed from the community and give you a gauge ahead of time on something that might be a hot button item or a great success.

Again - just an outsiders thoughts but looking at the reality of where we are today and the history of where we came from are key to the future success of AH.

Cheers,
Elec1

again with giving HiTechs paycheck away..
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2018, 01:10:38 AM »
I think that GV's are part of the problem too, because then people, cannot vulch a field in peace, sometimes you just want to take a plane with bombs and rockets and destroy hangars.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2018, 01:16:42 AM »
Pretty simple fixes Bustr.
Bring back 2-300 ft radar and NOE.
Suspend 88 usage till numbers come back.
Get rid of town resupply.

All likely to put people back in combat. I believe all of these things had/have their place but the numbers don’t support them at the moment. The 100 player hordes they were installed to combat don’t exist at the moment.

We need active participants. When you have 100 people on you can’t have 20% of the population avoiding combat.

And HT needs to come up with some way to combat the feast or famine of the 2 on 1 country gang. When I log on anymore I can usually expect to get raped by 5 dudes in late war monsters or fly around aimlessly trying to get anyone to fight.

Simply removing town supply and returning NOE may force people to actually watch that second front. No need to defend it now with GV dar, darbar, and resupply.

there's that get rid of town resupply again. you all just want to make it so easy to steal a base don't you, then you say defend the base, you can't defend the base when all the hangers are done or when the enemy is vulching the runway, so you say com from another base-so guess whatm base is lost because it took to long to come from another base-if you want to stop M3 resupply-take out supporting base vh-camp spawn with gv or plane. leave M3 resupply alone..

the 88mm gun- germans had 88mm guns to shoot down planes and tanks in WWII so they belong in AH3-nuff said you crybabies.

oh and NOE is done by the players not the game-you want NOE tell the players to go noe
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:21:10 AM by lunatic1 »

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2018, 01:18:45 AM »
you all just want to make it so easy to steal a base don't you, then you say defend the base

It's fun to attack a base,
If someone steals a base, then steal it back.

Sometimes I long for the simpler times of the past, when things were simpler and more fun.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:20:20 AM by nugetx »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2018, 01:22:13 AM »
easier said then done--if you played this game you would know this

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2018, 01:23:24 AM »
You can suspend 88mm usage all you want.. Leave me my 37mm manned gun for them skilless, vulching retards .. They cry they want to fight but the deack field, take down fth and vh only leaving bombers to up to fight the horde .. They don't really want to fight they want easy kills

oh Scott they want the 37mm's gone too

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:35 AM »
oh Scott they want the 37mm's gone too

I think that majority of players that used to be here, were for the plane combat and not ground vehicles.

Ya know, people come for Mcdonalds for hamburgers and not for chicken.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2018, 01:25:21 AM »
I would have no problem for a "Members Only" BBS. Of course 2 Weekers are able to post too.

I would encourage the 2 weekers to post, just to see what they like or dislike about the game--consider it another way to help the new player.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2018, 01:26:39 AM »
Vulching a base or the hangars going down are the end result of a fight that happened for a base, it happened like that for a decade, when the numbers were strong too.  Sitting outside of a target about to get hit with supplies, is not combat in an online combat sim.  Its a gamey easy way out. 

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 01:29:04 AM »
I think that GV's are part of the problem too, because then people, cannot vulch a field in peace, sometimes you just want to take a plane with bombs and rockets and destroy hangars.

if you get rid of the GV's this game will truly die, you should know this, seeing as how you talk about how populated warthunder and world of tanks are.
we have players who don't want to fly, but want to gv

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2018, 01:31:21 AM »
I think that majority of players that used to be here, were for the plane combat and not ground vehicles.

Ya know, people come for Mcdonalds for hamburgers and not for chicken.

I just go to McDonalds just for the McNuggets and the hot mustard sauce.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2018, 01:35:59 AM »
Vulching a base or the hangars going down are the end result of a fight that happened for a base, it happened like that for a decade, when the numbers were strong too.  Sitting outside of a target about to get hit with supplies, is not combat in an online combat sim.  Its a gamey easy way out.

and yet you support you're squaddies with base attack and defense.
and it is combat, just not your kind of combat. M3 carries a 050 cal machine gun and have shot down and been shot down or oiled or PW'ed many planes. how many time have you hollered at people to resupp a town after you win the base.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2018, 01:53:18 AM »
and yet you support you're squaddies with base attack and defense.
and it is combat, just not your kind of combat. M3 carries a 050 cal machine gun and have shot down and been shot down or oiled or PW'ed many planes. how many time have you hollered at people to resupp a town after you win the base.

Really.. never.  I can see how you wont see the point what ive been trying to drill down here.  Just keep in mind, this game functioned, and very well before resupply a base was an option.  Now, every available player should be in a tank or plane either attacking or defending.

If you think its about kills, your mistaken.  Take the time to see my stats and m3s Ive popped trying to game the game.

If folks were to defend in wirbles, those kills would have halved, and I would have died 50x more. 

You just sound like a strong advocate for the easy way, and not the way it was done years prior.

Get with the program, open your eyes a little bit. 

If I was a new guy here, spend 1+ hours to get to a strat that is designed to effect the enemy countrys' effectivness, and it was supplied before I landed, I would laugh and log out.

The same applies to towns and trying to rally a base take.  Defend it, or lose it.