Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 20349 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2018, 03:27:47 PM »
I knew I was being followed!!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »
Start it up..it says "Relish,relish ,relish...CHILLLLL..eeee....bunnnnn..burpp..must,ard"  :x sorry missed 4th gear there a bit :uhoh
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:32:21 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2018, 11:32:07 PM »
there's that get rid of town resupply again. you all just want to make it so easy to steal a base don't you, then you say defend the base, you can't defend the base when all the hangers are done or when the enemy is vulching the runway, so you say com from another base-so guess whatm base is lost because it took to long to come from another base-if you want to stop M3 resupply-take out supporting base vh-camp spawn with gv or plane. leave M3 resupply alone..

the 88mm gun- germans had 88mm guns to shoot down planes and tanks in WWII so they belong in AH3-nuff said you crybabies.

oh and NOE is done by the players not the game-you want NOE tell the players to go noe
I want combat. M3 town resupply isn’t combat, it’s logistics. It’s lazy. No argument you have in your aresenal changes that. You want to keep your base? Fight for it!

88 isn’t combat. There is no exchange. The gunner is simply taking pot shots at the people who are actually making some effort. The same is not true of the 37. It doesn’t have the range to attain lucky kills and therefore people don’t park their lazy buttocks in them. 88 breeds lazy players who can’t or simply don’t want to fight. If you aren’t fighting you aren’t contributing to the subscription. You can say it’s fighting all you all want but it changes nothing. I don’t need you to randomly puffy kill me when you get lucky. AI is perfectly capable of that.

And unless you’re over water. NOE is nearly impossible to pull off.

So tired of people crying because they actually might have accept some risk to actually keep their base. And, for the record, I could care less if the base is taken or not. I relish the good fights above everything else in the MA. So tired of weak souls terrified they might have to actually spawn something with the intention of engaging in combat projecting on me what my motives are.

My motive is simple. We don’t have enough players to allow the ones we do have to sit on the sidelines anymore. If you’re running supplies to town or parked in a gun. You’re the equivalent of the ball runner in a tennis match. Time to grab a racquet and join the real game.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2018, 01:34:27 AM »
What is NOE ?

So tired of people crying because they actually might have accept some risk to actually keep their base. And, for the record, I could care less if the base is taken or not. I relish the good fights above everything else in the MA. So tired of weak souls terrified they might have to actually spawn something with the intention of engaging in combat projecting on me what my motives are.

My motive is simple. We don’t have enough players to allow the ones we do have to sit on the sidelines anymore. If you’re running supplies to town or parked in a gun. You’re the equivalent of the ball runner in a tennis match. Time to grab a racquet and join the real game.

+1

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2018, 01:39:53 AM »
What is NOE ?

+1

Nap-of-the-Earth.   Low altitude flying. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:07:18 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2018, 02:37:38 AM »
So, from what I have established so far, while the graphics have been improved and for some that was a no go (just drop the resolution and fly on lowest settings) the game is pretty much the same (as in the concept is the same) but with different arena settings which have impaired the gameplay from 2001-2008. Like Lilmak said, 'If you’re running supplies to town or parked in a gun. You’re the equivalent of the ball runner in a tennis match. Time to grab a racquet and join the real game.

Solution:

All HTC would need to do, is to bring back the arena settings (or the gameplay settings, idk what is the correct term) from 2001-2008, HTC would have to decide at which time was the biggest peak and which settings provided the most fun experience on arena and bring back those gameplay settings to the current arena, to bring back the way we used to fight.

When this is done, I re-sub day 1.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:39:37 AM by nugetx »

Offline TechWrek

• Zinc Member
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2018, 04:05:24 AM »
So you want to go back to having to ask if the little church is down in town before releasing troops?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2018, 05:21:46 AM »
I am all for fighting in my P-38.

I see so much talk about the m3. Why not remove it? Then no town resupply and no troops. The guys resupplying a field are doing the same thing as folks running troops.

Then the only way in is by Goon.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2018, 06:16:41 AM »

I see so much talk about the m3. Why not remove it? Then no town resupply and no troops.

I'm all for it.

I would remove also all ack vehicles and leave only one that can be killed with 1 hit from any guns, people should not be sitting in acks defending fields, they should be upping in planes, if a base is lost, so be it !  Go and attack and capture it again with a plane.
Sitting in a gun is bad for gameplay, vulching is part of the gameplay, if you hate vulchers, up from a field nearby and get an advantage, be the anti-vulchers.
There are so many other ways to play where you don't have to sit in an ack and be the ball runner.

But this has to be done by HTC, we will always play how the game allows us to play (HTC that is).  If the dar is minimum 0, we cannot sneak to fields, if there are powerfull ack vehicles that let people defend the field by themself, they will do it, etc etc
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:21:31 AM by nugetx »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2018, 06:34:34 AM »
Chock full of ideas and I bet he does not even pay the $15.  :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2018, 07:41:36 AM »
Chock full of ideas and I bet he does not even pay the $15.  :rolleyes:
I figure school will start in a week and we won't hear from him again until December.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »
I figure school will start in a week and we won't hear from him again until December.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:devil
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2018, 09:43:48 AM »
I'm all for it.

I would remove also all ack vehicles and leave only one that can be killed with 1 hit from any guns, people should not be sitting in acks defending fields, they should be upping in planes, if a base is lost, so be it !  Go and attack and capture it again with a plane.
Sitting in a gun is bad for gameplay, vulching is part of the gameplay, if you hate vulchers, up from a field nearby and get an advantage, be the anti-vulchers.
There are so many other ways to play where you don't have to sit in an ack and be the ball runner.

But this has to be done by HTC, we will always play how the game allows us to play (HTC that is).  If the dar is minimum 0, we cannot sneak to fields, if there are powerfull ack vehicles that let people defend the field by themself, they will do it, etc etc

I totally agree with this.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2018, 10:39:48 AM »
I'm all for it.

And I thought you wanted things to be changed back to EXACTLY how they were in 2009?

HiTech

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2018, 11:09:57 AM »
I'm all for it.

So, when the base is being Vulch capped, up a plane to get Vulched over and over to stop the vulch?  Not sure the logic trail is working there.  Historically, bases had AAA assets for air defense. 

All gave some, Some gave all