Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 20334 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »
So, when the base is being Vulch capped, up a plane to get Vulched over and over to stop the vulch?  Not sure the logic trail is working there.  Historically, bases had AAA assets for air defense.

I don't get vulched.  Ever.  Why?   I don't up from CAP'ed fields.

I get what the guy is saying on this point.   Someone suggested locking out manned ack guns when numbers are lower than a certain threshold.   There's something to that though I don't have the magic formula.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »
Assets are assets.  Use the best available for the situation.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
And I thought you wanted things to be changed back to EXACTLY how they were in 2009?

HiTech

DOH!     :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »
And I thought you wanted things to be changed back to EXACTLY how they were in 2009?

HiTech

Well Hitech Sir you are correct, everyone played the game in 2009 so they know what to expect so this would be the best starting point at this moment.

My personal wishes however to what i see as 'improving' the gameplay further, might not reflect others opinions, I just went further ahead with and stated my opinion as to what would be an 'even better gameplay' in my mind, however this was totaly selfish on my part as I do not represent the AH old-timers ;)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
Well Hitech Sir you are correct, everyone played the game in 2009 so they know what to expect so this would be the best starting point at this moment.

My personal wishes however to what i see as 'improving' the gameplay further, might not reflect others opinions, I just went further ahead with and stated my opinion as to what would be an 'even better gameplay' in my mind, however this was totaly selfish on my part as I do not represent the AH old-timers ;)

Are you subscribed yet, nuget?

You would improve gameplay dramatically by getting your arse into the arenas so we have an additional someone to fight.

I'm trying to get my old friends to return, too.  If each of us could manage to get one player back...
”KILLER V”

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
I will be playing again when settings will also return..... i hate attacking a field and facing acks like wirbelwind that take me down before i can launch first salvo.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2018, 01:40:02 PM »
HTC knows their situation best. Maybe we should ask HT what he thinks would "fix" his game and how we can help him?

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2018, 01:42:55 PM »
HTC knows their situation best. Maybe we should ask HT what he thinks would "fix" his game and how we can help him?
That's what we are doing now.

If the peak popularity was in 2009,  bring back the 2008-2009 settings before people started to leave. (however as I understand there were less tanks and vehicles back then?  I don't know if HT would want to delete them now ?)

We will see from there what happens.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »
That's what we are doing now.

If the peak popularity was in 2009,  bring back the 2008-2009 settings before people started to leave. (however as I understand there were less tanks and vehicles back then?  I don't know if HT would want to delete them now ?)

We will see from there what happens.

No, what we are doing now is throwing stuff against the wall until it sticks. If we were really smart we would just list all the things that other games have done to up their popularity/accessibility.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2018, 01:50:42 PM »

The point wasn’t “YOU” getting vulched or not.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2018, 02:02:37 PM »

The point remains.  If you don't like being vulched then up somewhere else. 

If you get vulched you knew the risks when you rolled.   
”KILLER V”

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2018, 02:05:43 PM »
No, what we are doing now is throwing stuff against the wall until it sticks. If we were really smart we would just list all the things that other games have done to up their popularity/accessibility.
Sure i can list some:

- get a popular youtube/twitch streamer to play the game as advertisement
- bring back the version of the game which people enjoyed the most
- create a mouse mode for the noobs like in war thunder so they have a chance at start as they learn the game (you point the mouse on the screen, and the plane follows in the mouse direction)
- people love progression (that's why world of tanks and war thunder is so popular), make tiers for planes and as you play you get points to unlock higher tier planes.
- 15$ a month is a big factor, i know HTC by now probably don't want to hear this but all the other competition games are free to play, i'm not asking AH to be free to play,,, but 1 time fee of 60$ and a cash shop where you could buy skins and/or the higher tier planes would work wonders for the playerbase.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »
The point remains.  If you don't like being vulched then up somewhere else. 

Nice job driving that discussion into the ditch.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2018, 02:23:12 PM »
Nice job driving that discussion into the ditch.

Let's review, shall we?

1 - 
I'm all for it.

I would remove also all ack vehicles and leave only one that can be killed with 1 hit from any guns, people should not be sitting in acks defending fields, they should be upping in planes, if a base is lost, so be it !  Go and attack and capture it again with a plane.
Sitting in a gun is bad for gameplay, vulching is part of the gameplay, if you hate vulchers, up from a field nearby and get an advantage, be the anti-vulchers.
There are so many other ways to play where you don't have to sit in an ack and be the ball runner.

But this has to be done by HTC, we will always play how the game allows us to play (HTC that is).  If the dar is minimum 0, we cannot sneak to fields, if there are powerfull ack vehicles that let people defend the field by themself, they will do it, etc etc

2 -
So, when the base is being Vulch capped, up a plane to get Vulched over and over to stop the vulch?  Not sure the logic trail is working there.  Historically, bases had AAA assets for air defense.

3 -

4-

5-
The point remains.  If you don't like being vulched then up somewhere else

Looks to be right on the rails to me.   :salute

The point others have made is that hiding in ack guns is a bit too easy.  When numbers are low this dynamic could be shifted to the benefit of all.   Nuget is advocating for something to incentivize upping in a plane instead of sitting in a gun, and this is a good suggestion.

Also, as Scott66 noted, manned guns are a no-risk proposition.   This could be looked into for the sake of balance.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:37:08 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »
V...you guys are talking PAST eachother,again. Your upping from a different field is ABSOLUTELY perfect for not being vulched..HOWEVER to put up A TIMELY DEFENSE of the base being attacted..NOT SO MUCH. The Air is needed NOW. That is why m3 suplies are the GOTO. Its different GAME PLAY MENTALITY. Some want to fight the war and keep fields, others want to fly cap and kill AIR DEFENDERS trying to stop CAP/Bombers and then there are those will never fly anywhere near an active fight. See.Its not really an US/THEM issue for the first 2 player groups ITS ALL COMBAT
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain