Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 20341 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »
That is why m3 suplies are the GOTO.
And this ruins the game, there was no m3 in 2009.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »
V...you guys are talking PAST eachother,again. Your upping from a different field is ABSOLUTELY perfect for not being vulched..HOWEVER to put up A TIMELY DEFENSE of the base being attacted..NOT SO MUCH. The Air is needed NOW. That is why m3 suplies are the GOTO. Its different GAME PLAY MENTALITY. Some want to fight the war and keep fields, others want to fly cap and kill AIR DEFENDERS trying to stop CAP/Bombers and then there are those will never fly anywhere near an active fight. See.Its not really an US/THEM issue for the first 2 player groups ITS ALL COMBAT

The voice of reason.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
V...you guys are talking PAST eachother,again. Your upping from a different field is ABSOLUTELY perfect for not being vulched..HOWEVER to put up A TIMELY DEFENSE of the base being attacted..NOT SO MUCH. The Air is needed NOW. That is why m3 suplies are the GOTO. Its different GAME PLAY MENTALITY. Some want to fight the war and keep fields, others want to fly cap and kill AIR DEFENDERS trying to stop CAP/Bombers and then there are those will never fly anywhere near an active fight. See.Its not really an US/THEM issue for the first 2 player groups ITS ALL COMBAT

Yes, I get that.  But when you have 33 players online the last thing we need is everyone hiding in a gun.   What Nuget is trying to say (and what Scott66, killjoy, and others have also gotten at) is basically:

• Increase the incentive to do something other than man a gun, or DECREASE the incentive to man a gun over a fighter or something else.
  • Adjust the risk/reward equation to make manning a gun something other than a risk-free endeavor (award kills when manned ack guns are destroyed, killshooter the gunner to award a kill to the nearest badguy when he pops a friendly, etc.).
  • When numbers are low, put ENY on guns so people will actively participate in something other than ack.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:58:47 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2018, 02:58:51 PM »
I think rolling everything back ot a Jan 2009 edition is a terrific idea!

AH players would come back in hundreds, if not thousands to witness the exciting removal of

Dr.I, F.B, F.1 D.VII

M4(75), M4(76), Panther G, Tiger 2, Panzer IVF, M18, Jagdpanzer 38, Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanther

I-16, Brewster, P-47M, A6M3, P-40F, P-40N, Me 410, Sea Hurricane, Ki-43, Yak-3, Yak-7b, Mossie 16, G4M1 Betty, B-29, Fi 156, Ju-87G, He 111, Tu-2S

from the AH arenas.

As a bonus, AH will reintroduce the ever so popular split LW arenas with dynamic arena caps. Especially Euro players will LOVE to see a blocked full arena and an open empty arena at the beginning of their prime time again!

:banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
We were talking about the settings lushe (and ack vehicles), and not the planes or tanks

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »
Absolutely. I posted some issues that I thought would lessen the M# goto as first thing. Cant remember which thread but was yesterday. I believe that if Town buildings were hardened  a bit/just enough to prolong the time to WF(stop the lone ranger and1 side kick sneak) and make down times of buildings progressive in time. Like Strats. There would be enough time to up a DEFENSE from a near base and still have a CHANCE at a STOP Capture. If down times of town buildings started at NOW levels from 0/25% down to like double at 50% and so onit would need 20 guys running m3s to defend the take. TRUE some may still do this...but with THAT MUCH TIME INVOLVED...I would be running to the base in A PLANE. Its a WIN WIN....Defenders in the AIR for YOU GUYS and a CHANCE to STOP CAPTURE for us in the FIGHT THE WAR side.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »
2009 peak - changes in player numbers do not happen the instant something is changed. Reduced in-flow of new, shorter timing staying for existing players. If there's an attempt at "best" settings its probably around 2 years before peak.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2018, 03:35:02 PM »
2009 peak - changes in player numbers do not happen the instant something is changed. Reduced in-flow of new, shorter timing staying for existing players. If there's an attempt at "best" settings its probably around 2 years before peak.
True

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »
Oh please mommy don't let mr mean wirb shoot me down mommy please!!  :bolt:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2018, 04:04:33 PM »
I will be playing again when settings will also return..... i hate attacking a field and facing acks like wirbelwind that take me down before i can launch first salvo.

You can't improve without at least trying.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:14:35 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »
Oh please mommy don't let mr mean wirb shoot me down mommy please!!  :bolt:

Wirbs are one of the biggest nuisances in the game.  Talk about unbalanced game mechanics.    :bhead
”KILLER V”

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »
Wirbs are one of the biggest nuisances in the game.  Talk about unbalanced game mechanics.    :bhead
NAWWW, I eat em for LUNCH. Now Notar and Virgle, we trade some paint most of the time. Its the THRILL of THE HUNT for me. I can kill them and they can kill me...not a CLASSIC FIGHT....more of a Gladiator VS LION....its sporting with a SPIT 16....you better be accurate and know what your doing. This is the EPITOME of Aces High fun FOR ME :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »
NAWWW, I eat em for LUNCH. Now Notar and Virgle, we trade some paint most of the time. Its the THRILL of THE HUNT for me. I can kill them and they can kill me...not a CLASSIC FIGHT....more of a Gladiator VS LION....its sporting with a SPIT 16....you better be accurate and know what your doing. This is the EPITOME of Aces High fun FOR ME :rock

Yeah. I LOVE getting sniped by a GV that can shoot and kill me before I can even see his icon.  Fun!!
”KILLER V”

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2018, 04:20:04 PM »
The players changed. Gone are the days of squads fighting each other, gone are the days of tactics and strategy, gone are the days of honor among players. Now it is all about racing toward the best kill count/score/ base capture.

You need to get out a bit you misrable old bugger
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »
Yeah. I LOVE getting sniped by a GV that can shoot and kill me before I can even see his icon.  Fun!!

Pretty much the same as someone sneaking up the unchecked deep six and sniping you.  It’s all about visual lookout, or none at all.

All gave some, Some gave all