Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 20356 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2018, 04:25:28 PM »
Pretty much the same as someone sneaking up the unchecked deep six and sniping you.  It’s all about visual lookout, or none at all.

Naw it's not the same, uber ack rides need to go.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2018, 04:29:00 PM »
Yeah. I LOVE getting sniped by a GV that can shoot and kill me before I can even see his icon.  Fun!!
I HONESTLY kill more of them than they get me. I am always in the Danger Zone....I can get blasted by Wirbs or jumped by fighters...its PURE ADRENALIN. Talk about Head on a Swivel...you better,or you will lose your arse. I LOVE IT :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »
Pretty much the same as someone sneaking up the unchecked deep six and sniping you.  It’s all about visual lookout, or none at all.

Wrong again my friend. 

Fighter vs fighter we have the same visual acuity.  GVs can see us in a plane much easier than we can see them.  Hence, I avoid them entirely. 

Ground vis range was removed for AH3.   Too bad.  It gave us a chance.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
I HONESTLY kill more of them than they get me. I am always in the Danger Zone....I can get blasted by Wirbs or jumped by fighters...its PURE ADRENALIN. Talk about Head on a Swivel...you better,or you will lose your arse. I LOVE IT :rock

It’s your fifteen bucks.   You are the exception here.

Naw it's not the same, uber ack rides need to go.

Well some sort of change to rebalance things would be beneficial. 
”KILLER V”

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2018, 05:07:26 PM »
It’s your fifteen bucks.   You are the exception here.

Well some sort of change to rebalance things would be beneficial.
I can however see your point as well. I guess I like it now, because its really all I HAVE KNOWN. I dont remember being able to see GV icons at a distance, then again lately my MS is killing my memory,so :uhoh I like the Cat and Mouse...we both now we are out there...who will miss their shot.  I STILL however hate getting sniped on take off be a hidden GV, that just SUCKS, whether upping to hunt that GV or something else. At least now with the GV BAR you know he is there somewhere. I am torn,really. I honestly dont have a preference...maybe I am weird? What EVER IT TAKES to keep MY FAMILY TOGETHER is WHAT I WANT :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »
Wirbs are one of the biggest nuisances in the game.  Talk about unbalanced game mechanics.    :bhead
I disagree. They are the great equalizer for the ground pounders.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
I disagree. They are the great equalizer for the ground pounders.

Oh they are an equalizer all right--and then some.  They are an invisible menace sniping planes well outside of the airplane's vis range.  Thank gawd for the sentry bars so I know when they are in the area and can go somewhere else.

”KILLER V”

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »
Ack and wirbles are a learned skill. Sure they can see you before you can see them.... unless they are sitting on the field, or are firing. I ran my numbers over the last year and have a 1.2 K/D vs wirbles and Im nothing special at dive bombing, but I have practiced at it. I can deack a small field all by my self. If you practice as a "team" 3 guys can deack a small field in one pass, use to do it all the time. These are LEARNED skills. There is no reason to have the game nutered to make it easy to do it, just PRACTICE!

Dar was changed to slow the number of NOE missions. There were a number of squads that used them as their ONLY mission and if it was spotted, they didnt fight, they bailed. Like those players that gamed the game and kept dar down for a country for hours on end THEY forced HTC into making a change.

This radar "test" maybe the next thing that HTC will be forced to do to help KEEP new players.

Not much else has changed since the "heyday", but the players and how they play the game. Bringing back the "old settings" will do nothing but bring back the old issues.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »
Ack and wirbles are a learned skill. Sure they can see you before you can see them.... unless they are sitting on the field, or are firing. I ran my numbers over the last year and have a 1.2 K/D vs wirbles and Im nothing special at dive bombing, but I have practiced at it. I can deack a small field all by my self. If you practice as a "team" 3 guys can deack a small field in one pass, use to do it all the time. These are LEARNED skills. There is no reason to have the game nutered to make it easy to do it, just PRACTICE!

No thanks.  I'll just go where they aren't.

I had a lot more success against them in AH2 than I do in here.   I just don't bother.  They can snipe you and you'll never know it.   It's lame that they can see us so far away and we can't see them.   Jousting against someone with a longer lance and much better vision is a losing proposition.

This radar "test" maybe the next thing that HTC will be forced to do to help KEEP new players.

Not much else has changed since the "heyday", but the players and how they play the game. Bringing back the "old settings" will do nothing but bring back the old issues.

I think this is spot on.
”KILLER V”

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2018, 03:45:51 AM »
Dar was changed to slow the number of NOE missions.

Mission accomplished, no one flies NOE missions and arena is empty.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2018, 06:58:07 AM »

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2018, 07:13:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE17BAfekuQ

:devil :neener:

lol 8 years passed and this video is more relevant today than it ever was.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2018, 08:25:58 AM »

You employ an 'and' here implying it's equivalent to a 'therefore'. You'd need to evidence a causation.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2018, 08:36:23 AM »

So you think the lack of NOEs is the reason we have lost so many players?  :rofl

I know your trying real hard to post with out revealing who you really are, but this is one of the most ridiculous statements ever posted. Even someone who hasnt a clue of the game play in AH would know better than to post something like that.

There are still NOE missions run.... mostly on "island" maps were the runs over water are easy to do. When those maps are up I have see issues of having a hard time to find a fight get worst because of the fact with the lower numbers a single NOE mission can really make the map look empty.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2018, 09:44:14 AM »
So you think the lack of NOEs is the reason we have lost so many players?  :rofl

Please, are you playing this since yesterday?

Watch the video Max posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE17BAfekuQ

It was 8 years ago, seems a big portion of people left simply because of this one change.

It seems it was not a 'small change' after all, but maybe one of the few things which defined what AH is as a product, since the dar which allowed NOE was like this from the start of 2001.

It's like taking the meat out of the hamburger from Mcdonalds,,,,,,, 'hey folks, we don't want you to get fat, so now our hamburgers will be without meat, enjoy'
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:47:58 AM by nugetx »