Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 20346 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
You'd need to evidence a causation.

20 people on a NOE mission on 3 sides = 60 people online (not counting the people who logged into arena because they seen other 60 playing people on the arena)

No NOE missions = no one online (no one logs in because no one wants to play on empty arena)

How much people played before 2009 with NOE?   How many people play today when there is no NOE?   You connect the two......

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2018, 10:19:53 AM »
How much people played before 2009 with NOE?   How many people play today when there is no NOE?   You connect the two......

I don't have to connect the two. You have to.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »
20 people on a NOE mission on 3 sides = 60 people online (not counting the people who logged into arena because they seen other 60 playing people on the arena)

No NOE missions = no one online (no one logs in because no one wants to play on empty arena)

Didn't you just ask me the other day what NOE meant?

Now you are going to pretend to be an authority on it?

If you can't attract a fight announcing your intentions on 200 and rolling base after base (sometimes in full radar view) trying to start a fight then an NOE raid is not going to make any difference.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
Hehe Vraciu i just didn't know what the acronym meant that was used here, i used different wording for it.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2018, 10:35:47 AM »
If you can't attract a fight announcing your intentions on 200 and rolling base after base (sometimes in full radar view) trying to start a fight then an NOE raid is not going to make any difference.

Oh....but if NOE was in the game, i wouldn't announce anything, i would be attacking fields.

See? There is no NOE, so i'm not playing the game.

If there was NOE, i would be playing the game.  That's 1 player more, and now count how many more would come back.....

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
Oh....but if NOE was in the game, i wouldn't announce anything, i would be attacking fields.

:bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
”KILLER V”

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »
Please, are you playing this since yesterday?

Watch the video Max posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE17BAfekuQ

It was 8 years ago, seems a big portion of people left simply because of this one change.

It seems it was not a 'small change' after all, but maybe one of the few things which defined what AH is as a product, since the dar which allowed NOE was like this from the start of 2001.

It's like taking the meat out of the hamburger from Mcdonalds,,,,,,, 'hey folks, we don't want you to get fat, so now our hamburgers will be without meat, enjoy'

....and that video has been editted a number of times to poke fun at all manner of things, hardly "evidence". When I was in the Mafia we had a mission called "Lightning Strike". When the CO called "Lightning strike in 5 at such and such a base" we all knew to be there and grab a hvy 38. Vector to base was anounced as we lifted off as well as target assignments. We stayed at goon speed NOE and once we hit the Dar circle went to WEP and grabbed a couple K. Would wipe out VH and town in time for the goon to catch up and drop troops. Worked 99% of the time in a minute or so from hitting the dar circle.

Well planned, well practiced, easily executable and boring as all hell seeing there was NO FIGHT! Defenders rarely had a chance to spot it never mind up in time to even get wheels up.

The Dar change was a welcomed one by many. It took the crutch of hiding under the dar away and made for more fights.

See? There is no NOE, so i'm not playing the game.

If there was NOE, i would be playing the game.  That's 1 player more, and now count how many more would come back.....

If you want to capture bases NOE/with out the chance of being attacked, go and setup a custom arena and have at it. Its free and nobody will discover your NOEs and you can capture all the bases you want.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »

The Dar change was a welcomed one by many. It took the crutch of hiding under the dar away and made for more fights.

I'm sure it was, all those people that are playing right now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2018, 11:27:25 AM »
I'm a patient man, but this is more than I can stand. 

I am taking my bag of troll food and locking it away.   I suggest we all do the same. 

:salute
”KILLER V”

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2018, 12:20:30 PM »
Fugitive and other AH old-timers, you were right and I was wrong, I hope the path of changes to the game will bring you plenty of new folks on arena and I wish you all the best.  :aok

Nuget signing out.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:29:41 PM by nugetx »

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2018, 01:59:21 PM »
I never stated the continued decline was due to economy.  Only that was what caused the start of decline (was obvious do to increase in credit card declines). I agree with increased competition along with peoples use of smart phones and tablets is part of the reason for the continued decline.

HiTech

Not only,
 I agree with Nugetx, from my experience, the changes made over past years eliminated  satisfaction, rewards for team vs team kind of player, favoring selfish score/rank type gaming . Radar settings,  HQ eliminated, was the best fun to run or defend bombing raids, nija invisible m3s /gvs making bases close to impossible to capture, maps too large for population resting with same 20%.
 On the other hand you keep emphasizing  an abused sophisticated score, rank system, kill/hours/sortie, hit% that has nothing to do with WW2 air combat history, not appealing for first category ; unfortunately is all that's left to play for. 
  Here how i see it; a conflict between individual vs group psychological human behavior.   You got the Dallas Mavericks , filling up the arena with supporters, causing traffic congestion on I-635; this was the game before, more  team vs team clash kept the arena populated. I've been in sqds with 2,3 wings all same mindset enjoying this side of the game , chatting , having fun, recruiting absorbing new players..

Here is how i see the game rewarding today;  game settings moved the competition from team vs team level to individual level, people compete inside same team or sqd for cheap points/ranks. It's more rewarding this kind of psychological profile with lack of social behaviour skills, selfish, introverts  dweebs; vulching camping, rushing to bomb worthless strats first, checking their score after every sortie. 

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2018, 02:00:37 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^  This is what you get for not being a San Antonio Spurs fan.  Just saying.

:old:
”KILLER V”

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^  This is what you get for not being a San Antonio Spurs fan.  Just saying.

:old:
Ya,Ya,Ya....San Antonio Spurs...He does make a GOOD POINT though. GHI, was INSTRUMENTAL in my being here..even still :salute The Skully and GHI Show, with Skully impersonating GHI..who was sitting in Skully's lap looking for the beer cooler... BY FAR the funnest times I ever had. Even with ribs hurting, eyes watering while tying to dodge trees...emphasis on TRYING damn I miss that! Took a bit..but after I could translate from GHI, through the Lablat Dialect to Southern Redneck Farsi/Pig Latin...We could roll bases  :rofl :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2018, 06:00:39 AM »
Please, are you playing this since yesterday?

Watch the video Max posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE17BAfekuQ

It was 8 years ago, seems a big portion of people left simply because of this one change.

It seems it was not a 'small change' after all, but maybe one of the few things which defined what AH is as a product, since the dar which allowed NOE was like this from the start of 2001.

It's like taking the meat out of the hamburger from Mcdonalds,,,,,,, 'hey folks, we don't want you to get fat, so now our hamburgers will be without meat, enjoy'

LOL can't help but laugh when someone thinks so highly of NOEs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »
LOL can't help but laugh when someone thinks so highly of NOEs.
At least they were in aircraft and trying to accomplish something with some personal liability. Now the same players sit in guns and run supplies.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.