Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 20405 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »
At least they were in aircraft and trying to accomplish something with some personal liability. Now the same players sit in guns and run supplies.

#BRAVERY
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »
At least they were in aircraft and trying to accomplish something with some personal liability. Now the same players sit in guns and run supplies.
:devil. If I wanna pay 14.95 to truck sups or sit in manned gun or get in my brew and fight multiple cons then that's my business there is no such thing as bravery in a video game even jug and pony drivers staying high and fast aren't brave or contribute any more or less than anybody in a m3 .. ....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:44:45 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
NOE would get people back into planes even if it will be running under radar. They will be back in a plane offering themselves as targets, which now they won't. You want any chance of numbers back, let the average players feel safe and good about themselves or they will not get out of the tower, guns, or wirbles to play with you. The game is mostly average people trying to have some fun in average ways. In the bad old days of NOE, a percentage got bored and became fighter pilots or gained enough experience and confidence that they can succeed at the game. NOE is the closest thing to easy mode the MA can offer to keep new and old players engaged.

You guys want targets and don't care about what it takes to create someone who can play the game confidently enough to give you a fight. You pay lip service to it and end up telling Hitech it's his problem that all the average players are hiding in manned guns. A few of you then want Hitech to punish them for it becasue some how your $14.95 is superior to their $14.95. So you don't get fights anymore and they don't pay Hitech $14.95 to be your personal victims. Right now there is no avenue for them to feel like they have half a chance at their "average skill levels and interests" to make it worth upping. Specially since you are waiting in stacks of sharks watching radar to put them right back in the tower almost every time they up. Until 2009 that is what NOE did for this game, gave average people the opportunity to do something every night with friends that didn't entail suicide by fights with Sharks. The game has devolved to fights with sharks or not much else, so not much else and sitting in manned guns is the norm unless there is an occasional hoard.

After hours, you can watch the map and tell by how plane icons move around the lone shark or an average player. Average players will not up for a lone shark and you gents have known this for the last almost 20 years. And you have spent that time yelling at Hitech that he has to force them to up or punish them for being cowards. So far he still likes their $14.95.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
NOE would get people back into planes even if it will be running under radar. They will be back in a plane offering themselves as targets, which now they won't. You want any chance of numbers back, let the average players feel safe and good about themselves or they will not get out of the tower, guns, or wirbles to play with you. The game is mostly average people trying to have some fun in average ways. In the bad old days of NOE, a percentage got bored and became fighter pilots or gained enough experience and confidence that they can succeed at the game. NOE is the closest thing to easy mode the MA can offer to keep new and old players engaged.

You guys want targets and don't care about what it takes to create someone who can play the game confidently enough to give you a fight.

Bring on the NOE.  Talk about clubbing baby seals.

I guess I missed where the game changed and learning to play confidently was some magical formula that included AVOIDING combat.

You pay lip service to it and end up telling Hitech it's his problem that all the average players are hiding in manned guns.

It is his problem* since this is a business that requires REVENUE to survive.  That revenue is generated by players subscribing.   Those players are quite possibly motivated by ACTION and thus when they don't see it they go elsewhere.    #Business101

-WE- are not the ones who threatened Hitech's business if he didn't change the radar settings back. We supported his efforts and when he went back to the old ways we kept on playing and paying (real money) like we did before.   That's called good faith and loyalty.  It is not something to be denigrated by those with an ill-conceived axe to grind.

*And Gawd forbid he try to address it by making changes that may drive action and attract customers.  Can't have that.

You want...to play with you.

A few of you want...your...

So you...your personal victims.

You guys want targets and don't care...give you a fight.

You pay lip service...

A few of you then want Hitech to punish them...

Specially since you are waiting...

After hours, you...and you gents have known this...

And you have spent that time yelling at Hitech that he....

You (pun) sure know a lot about what everyone else is thinking.

When you point fingers just remember how many are pointed back the other way...  It's somewhere around a 3:1 ratio since the thumb is off doing its own thing.    :old:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:52:35 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2018, 05:54:37 PM »
Back in the day, I found fighting NOEs being extremely fun. Especially on weekends I found myself doing nothing else than checking the map, jumping from base to base or scouting for suspected NOE's. Occasionally I was also taking part in one.

But AH had much more players then, there was almost always a mission running somewhere. Also more players meant also more defenders. I doubt you get the 'good old days' back just by lifting the DAR altitude, possibly you might just get more bases snuck when fewer eyes are covering the map than ever before.

I might also add that unlike me, it was not a few players who were extremely frustrated by the constant but ever jumping wave of NOE's.

I also never understood why NOE's disappeared that quickly and thoroughly. Kill the Dar's at several coastal bases when their radar factory was hist, and you had all the opportunities to fly in at below 200ft...  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2018, 06:55:04 PM »
Back in the day, I found fighting NOEs being extremely fun. Especially on weekends I found myself doing nothing else than checking the map, jumping from base to base or scouting for suspected NOE's. Occasionally I was also taking part in one.

But AH had much more players then, there was almost always a mission running somewhere. Also more players meant also more defenders. I doubt you get the 'good old days' back just by lifting the DAR altitude, possibly you might just get more bases snuck when fewer eyes are covering the map than ever before.

I might also add that unlike me, it was not a few players who were extremely frustrated by the constant but ever jumping wave of NOE's.

I also never understood why NOE's disappeared that quickly and thoroughly. Kill the Dar's at several coastal bases when their radar factory was hist, and you had all the opportunities to fly in at below 200ft...  :headscratch:
I am with you on that one. Why no NOE. To my knowledge the ONLY thing that changed from AH2-AH3 was the Number? Radar up/65 ft...Radar down-200FT EXACTLY WHAT IT HAD BEEN. So many folk were griping and well Super Griping, I think it just made their mind up that it sucked? I honestly dont know :uhoh We ALWAYS had to dodge trees, YES there were MORE in AH3...BUT NOTHING CHANGED other than that. Heck even the terrains were AH2 terrains...OFCOURSE. Some terrain details were changed somewhat...and if I understand the reasons it WAS BECAUSE of the new Graphics Engine in conjunction with using the Speed Tree programs for terrains. Then again I never came across A SINGLE VELCRO/STICKY Tree either  :headscratch:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: August 19, 2018, 07:28:50 PM »
I had fun in the candy mountain missions. Nothing but D3A or something silly just for the fun of it. And we would have 15 - 20 people join just because it was fun to do. Then we all become targets and die
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #232 on: August 19, 2018, 09:52:51 PM »

No NOE missions = no one online (no one logs in because no one wants to play on empty arena)

How much people played before 2009 with NOE?   How many people play today when there is no NOE?   You connect the two......

NOE flights are still possible and the ability was never removed.  If you played the game you would know that.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »
Combat game. I’m PAYING to interact with players. You hiding in the bushes to drop a magic fedex package is not interactive and not combat no matter what you say and the sooner you get it through your heads, the more likely players who pay for that interaction (hint EVERYONE) will stay.

I’ve said it before...ask yourself one question while you’re in the MA. If everyone was doing this right now, would this game be any fun?”

The answer with M3 resupply is...NO!
The answer with an 88 gun is...NO!

The answer with GV on GV engagement...YES!
Plane on plane engagement...YES!
Plane on GV...YES!

Let’s put it in other terms shall we (Something to think about before anything is added to the game)...

If there was a FSO/scenario where everyone on both sides simply resuppled bases, how many players do you think would show up?
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
NOE flights are still possible and the ability was never removed.  If you played the game you would know that.

I've been waiting patiently for someone to point this fact out.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: August 19, 2018, 11:59:42 PM »
Combat game. I’m PAYING to interact with players. You hiding in the bushes to drop a magic fedex package is not interactive and not combat no matter what you say and the sooner you get it through your heads, the more likely players who pay for that interaction (hint EVERYONE) will stay.

I’ve said it before...ask yourself one question while you’re in the MA. If everyone was doing this right now, would this game be any fun?”

Plane on GV...YES!

Let’s put it in other terms shall we (Something to think about before anything is added to the game)...

If there was a FSO/scenario where everyone on both sides simply resuppled bases, how many players do you think would show up?
again.. since I don't necessarily agree with you therefore you don't speak for everybody so since there is nothing you can do about how others play the game STOP TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
"scott66"        

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2018, 12:01:54 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Plane on GV...YES!

Good points.   +1

When you have 500 players in an arena guys hiding in manned guns and the like are not as big a deal as when you have 60 in that same place.
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: August 20, 2018, 12:03:20 AM »
again.. since I don't necessarily agree with you therefore you don't speak for everybody so since there is nothing you can do about how others play the game STOP TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY THE GAME

NO. We will tell you how to play and you will like it!!!    :old: :old: :old:  :D

Now get in a plane you nutter!   :banana:
”KILLER V”

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2018, 12:18:56 AM »
NO. We will tell you how to play and you will like it!!!    :old: :old: :old:  :D

Now get in a plane you nutter!   :banana:
lmao just logged in
"scott66"        

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2018, 12:30:54 AM »
lmao just logged in

It worked!!!    :aok :aok :aok :aok :D
”KILLER V”