Author Topic: VR Headsets  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
VR Headsets
« on: August 15, 2018, 07:14:52 PM »
Look guys don't kick me in the nuts too hard but I've been away from gaming for a long time.  I got simulator sickness after a while and life has been shall we say a bit difficult for 8 years.  But I was wondering what your experiences have been in AH and etc with VR headsets.  I'd like to try one and see what I think before I consider buying one or wishing for one.  Anybody got any input? 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: VR Headsets
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 09:08:38 PM »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:19:22 AM »
Look guys don't kick me in the nuts too hard but I've been away from gaming for a long time.  I got simulator sickness after a while and life has been shall we say a bit difficult for 8 years.  But I was wondering what your experiences have been in AH and etc with VR headsets.  I'd like to try one and see what I think before I consider buying one or wishing for one.  Anybody got any input?

I love my Oculus Rift.  The graphics are not as nearly good as my 1440 p monitor, but the incredible feel of immersion far outweighs any downsides to me. 

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 09:12:22 AM »
Check your local Malls or Shopping Centers a lot now have VR centers where you can try VR for a modest fee. One just opened in our local mall with 50 machines that offer over 150 different games you can try. They now have some that not only have VR but combined VR with motion machines. Try before you buy…
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 01:32:36 PM »
I love my Oculus Rift.  The graphics are not as nearly good as my 1440 p monitor, but the incredible feel of immersion far outweighs any downsides to me.
:aok ABSOLUTELY +1,000,000,000
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »
It does require a system with a beefy Graphics card though. Biggest complaints I have heard from those in "Not For Me" group.... Price of equipment:Headset and probable Up-grade to PC and the Resolution/Screen Door effect ..Then Motion sickness :uhoh  If money is tight...I would say wait on VR engine improvements. Its WONDERFUL, IMO but the cost didnt stick in my mind either. As Daddyace stated..resolution sort of sucks. Its NOT what I expected,but have come see through it. The feeling of BEING RIGHT THERE made it easy to look past the flaws. As far as motion sickness, No issues with me, but some like even Skuzzy cant even deal with TIR without getting sick, so that you wont know till you know. I suggest first thing BEFORE you check out VR(if funds are an issue) run the Occulus compatibility or Windows Mixed Media Compatibility programs to better see what you need to upgrade if any :uhoh   Trust me I did it backwards....I tested VR, Bought it....had to upgrade Graphics card(not absolutely nes. mind you but was very close)...screwed up instalation of Graphics card...had Occulus already with computer in the shop :furious  YUP....BestBuy RUN....Wasnt gonna look at the rift sensors sitting un used   VR WAS BAD ARSE. I was a kid again...Also why I DO NOT GO in a Gun store with ANYTHING close to currency :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »
True, TIR makes me sick, but the VR headsets do not.  Once properly adjusted it simply feels very natural.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 02:40:38 PM »
It does require a system with a beefy Graphics card though. Biggest complaints I have heard from those in "Not For Me" group.... Price of equipment:Headset and probable Up-grade to PC and the Resolution/Screen Door effect ..Then Motion sickness :uhoh  If money is tight...I would say wait on VR engine improvements. Its WONDERFUL, IMO but the cost didnt stick in my mind either. As Daddyace stated..resolution sort of sucks. Its NOT what I expected,but have come see through it. The feeling of BEING RIGHT THERE made it easy to look past the flaws. As far as motion sickness, No issues with me, but some like even Skuzzy cant even deal with TIR without getting sick, so that you wont know till you know. I suggest first thing BEFORE you check out VR(if funds are an issue) run the Occulus compatibility or Windows Mixed Media Compatibility programs to better see what you need to upgrade if any :uhoh   Trust me I did it backwards....I tested VR, Bought it....had to upgrade Graphics card(not absolutely nes. mind you but was very close)...screwed up instalation of Graphics card...had Occulus already with computer in the shop :furious  YUP....BestBuy RUN....Wasnt gonna look at the rift sensors sitting un used   VR WAS BAD ARSE. I was a kid again...Also why I DO NOT GO in a Gun store with ANYTHING close to currency :x

Do like I do just throw open the door rush in and in the immortal words of George Armstrong Custer.... CHARGE...
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »
I DO....Thats the problem :rofl  I am at risk of blowing out my back, trying to get back out :devil  I got lost in Mitchell,South Dakota...at the CABELAS  :headscratch: TRUE STORY...they had to page me :rofl  I was in there Gun Vault looking at a BEAUTIFUL Browning Auto 5,used... and doing the MATH. Then I saw the 16 ga Over-Under....then the Win. Model 70 Pre-64 in .243,looked like my Granddad's and I WAS IN A DREAM :pray Adam Parsons....Adam Parsons...your party is waiting on you at the Checkout. They will leave you!!! :furious
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:52:33 PM by 1stpar3 »