Author Topic: Troop run  (Read 914 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Troop run
« on: August 17, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »
What’s the maximum distance that troops can be dropped and make it to the map room (assuming no one shoots any of them)?  Thanks!  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Troop run
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 12:00:09 PM »
This is an excellent question along with a few more troop questions I constantly hear in the MA.

1. - What is the max distance you can release troops.<---From Puma.
2. - If enemy troops are in the bunker can I release green guy troops to counter them?
3. - If I am killed after I drop my troops and they all make it to the bunker safely, will they still capture it?
4. - Will my troops do anything if I release them other than perform a capture?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 12:12:41 PM »
Also great questions Bustr.  :aok

And, the answers are?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »
Also great questions Bustr.  :aok

And, the answers are?

1 - Don't know, but two guys could easily test this in a custom arena
2 - That doesn't work
3 - Yes, unless you respawn while they are still running which makes them vanish
4 - No
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »
1 - Don't know, but two guys could easily test this in a custom arena

Thanks Lusche.  Seems this would already be a known value.  Skuzzy or HiTech?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 02:28:16 PM »
Thanks Lusche.  Seems this would already be a known value.  Skuzzy or HiTech?
Have seen it or heard it, That troops will run/last/live the same time as GV supplies stay active so 15/10 min  :uhoh cant remember which. Tested it in AH2 once and was around 15 min...but I have Brain Issues,,,really...my memory is wonky. We tsted the HALO drop of troops. what I remember abpot 1 min per 1000 ft of drop plus run and 9 k troops could capture. BUT that was AH2. Troops will run I believe 2k from flag same as supplies? If a soft gun pops or flag changes color troops in maproom are killed
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 02:40:58 PM »
Have seen it or heard it, That troops will run/last/live the same time as GV supplies stay active so 15/10 min  :uhoh cant remember which. Tested it in AH2 once and was around 15 min...but I have Brain Issues,,,really...my memory is wonky. We tsted the HALO drop of troops. what I remember abpot 1 min per 1000 ft of drop plus run and 9 k troops could capture. BUT that was AH2. Troops will run I believe 2k from flag same as supplies? If a soft gun pops or flag changes color troops in maproom are killed

Good info. Had a situation yesterday where troops were running from some unknown distance at the time and the transport vehicle that was flashing the base couldn’t be located.  We were discussing the what the max ground run distance would be.  No one was sure.