Author Topic: Reality Check  (Read 1462 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Reality Check
« on: August 19, 2018, 12:11:13 AM »
First things first...I AM trying to get use to a new controller..I had a headache...and my Spit8 was holding 50% fuel but I got a humbling experience this evening. Fess asked for some DA company, so nothing I wanted to do was happening,so I said sure! He never showed...AND WAS A GOOD THING. As it turned out, if he DID show...I would have been traumatized :uhoh SPECIAL THANKS to, Bixby and JoBravo :rock Jo CLAIMED he was new..but I think hes a shade :furious I at least scored some kills on him :uhoh Bixby though...couldnt touch him..closest I got was,  :uhoh well... a collision :huh I sort of have to change how I feel about those who want AIR FIGHTS, in this Air v Ground animosity lately! It was ALSO the first time I have been in DA since 2013(TRUE--the others were just excuses AND NOT TRUE) but DAMN THAT WAS INTENSE! You would swear I was actually pulling G's...by the sound of my breathing on film. So at least NOW, I can understand you guys a bit better. If I had been used to that sort of stuff in MA for so long...It would feel like you had to learn how to walk again. HOWEVER...I still stand by my belief that all aspects in the game ARE COMBAT...but I UNDERSTAND a bit better why you guys are suffering :uhoh  Why on EARTH, is it so hard to get folk into the DA? That was BADASS! Thanks again Bixby and Jobravo...we gonna have to do that again! This time I will load my guns, calibrate my stick and go easy on the gas :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Reality Check
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:26:34 AM »
Yeah sorry the fight got good then bad.  I have to fly out for work back in 3 weeks

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 02:38:11 AM »
JoBravo is relatively new to AH but has played other flight sims.

Why on EARTH, is it so hard to get folk into the DA?

Simple. In the MA a strict adherence to Dicta Boelcke's Rule № 1 is fully supported by the external environment. In the DA it's only internal to the players.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:56:22 AM »
"I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do I do, I do believe in spooks."

:neener:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 03:11:20 AM »
JoBravo is relatively new to AH but has played other flight sims.

Simple. In the MA a strict adherence to Dicta Boelcke's Rule № 1 is fully supported by the external environment. In the DA it's only internal to the players.
Obviously so! I do too, why it was embarrassing...IN A GOOD WAY! It was tongue in cheek..(saying he was a shade).I know English isnt your first language, didnt pick up the vibe that you misunderstood...just clarifying!  It was in MY FAV RIDE, well as of last tour or so. If you subtracted the GV kills and killed by...solid 4/1 K/D. Thats with me low searching for GVS ALL THE TIME..not conducive to a good score in that regard. He LITERALLY had me panting like a hot dog in August! I ended up settling into a groove...but then we went Spit8..rinse..repeat. I just not accustomed to that sort of fight. With Bixby, after reviewing film...He just beat me to the "Turn". As I adjusted my MERGE I got a bit closer, meaning got hits..but just outer wing tips, nothing solid. It was an eye opener! Pretty sure I could beat either in a Bombing scenario though...It helps me sleep at night :rofl DAMN that was fun :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 03:18:40 AM »
Yeah sorry the fight got good then bad.  I have to fly out for work back in 3 weeks
Oh, NO PROBLEM! I would have embarrassed my old Wingman THRASH.  :uhoh Heck, I play DCS...its no joke, and do better than I did tonight. Not saying it was TOTAL OWNAGE as I dont think a single fight lasted less than 8 min or so...but ended ALL WRONG. I am still jazzed up, and that was 7 hours ago! Watching film...I see what got me with Bixby. He beat me at the merge most of the time. As I adjusted my merge, I got closer but He had to run...I would have got him on the next one!? SHUT UP..Its my story :neener: 

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 03:30:58 AM »
"I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do I do, I do believe in spooks."

I dunno bud, at this cynical age of 468 in AH years I think it's more laziness than lack of courage.

He LITERALLY had me panting like a hot dog in August!

Good technique is like leverage ain't it. Gives you a mechanical advantage if you do it right, pinches your fingers if you don't!

I've found in the past these types of player are always very approachable and the first to help develop your technique if you ask.

Terribly sorry about the English. I have been working very hard on it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 03:41:20 AM »
I dunno bud, at this cynical age of 468 in AH years I think it's more laziness than lack of courage.

Good technique is like leverage ain't it. Gives you a mechanical advantage if you do it right, pinches your fingers if you don't!

I've found in the past these types of player are always very approachable and the first to help develop your technique if you ask.

Terribly sorry about the English. I have been working very hard on it.
Eh, I am from the Southern US, Tennessee....we screw it up ourselves! :rofl   I had the KNOWLEDGE of HOW to do it...Just dont have that sort of fight. Think I was over thinking it? My style of play puts me in a bind ALWAYS. Maybe desperation leads to a more INSTINCTUAL response without the clutter? I play DCS, which is NO JOKE...this just really blew me away...well without ACTUALLY LOSING VITAL PARTS of my anatomy :rofl

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 03:43:59 AM »
Think I was over thinking it?

Did you film it?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 03:49:31 AM »
THRASH was always a quality fight

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 04:37:24 AM »
I would own all of you in the DA
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 05:01:45 AM »
I would own all of you in the DA

Standard 

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »
Oh, NO PROBLEM! I would have embarrassed my old Wingman THRASH.  :uhoh Heck, I play DCS...its no joke, and do better than I did tonight. Not saying it was TOTAL OWNAGE as I dont think a single fight lasted less than 8 min or so...but ended ALL WRONG. I am still jazzed up, and that was 7 hours ago! Watching film...I see what got me with Bixby. He beat me at the merge most of the time. As I adjusted my merge, I got closer but He had to run...I would have got him on the next one!? SHUT UP..Its my story :neener:

Fess is a scrub.  :old:

:rofl JK.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 10:37:19 AM »
The DA is one of the best places to learn the game and practice your airial combat. When you understand what you are doing in the DA, you will he much more successful in the MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 10:44:12 AM »
The DA is one of the best places to learn the game and practice your airial combat. When you understand what you are doing in the DA, you will he much more successful in the MA.

Yup, doing many 1 vs 1 in the DA really help you learn how to dodge the HOs, avoid the pickers and learn to recognize the runners.  :rolleyes:

The DA is great to learn plane control and the limits of different planes. If fights were left alone in the MA you could say it crosses over well but it doesnt, it is a much different style of fighting. Now, with that said, learning good plane control and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the different planes can help you with fighting in the MA, but the fights are very different for the most part in the MA.