Author Topic: scoring question  (Read 598 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
scoring question
« on: September 17, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
Exile, under the heading on the score page of "flight", does this represent how many AC a squadron put up during the frame? Does it affect the score at all? Reason I ask is that all through the score page squadrons are showing more losses than flights, just curious.

second, I am still waiting for a reply from buzzbait, and some film too, but he claims a kill during frame 2. The score page does not reflect a kill. He was also shot down I believe where the score page shows him killed by unknown gunner, it prolly should be credited to an allied flyer.

OK, is it true that you get 15 points per enemy AC destroyed? 150 Points per ship? please state how many points are given for all ground targets please. Also the way it is calculated. Looking through the score page I just dont get it. Now if you get 15 points for each enemy AC destroyed, that wold explain the 56th FG getting 60 points for the 4 we claim. But by the same token, Funked's group killed 11, however they get 20 points for them, must be because they are jabo AC? They end up with 220 as did JG44. so am I correct in guessing tha clean fighters are worth 15, fighter bombers are worth 20, and pure bombers are worth 30?

Forgive me if this is already laid out somewhere and I didnt look for it :)

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: -ammo- ]
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
scoring question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
The number of flights is off because the log was started late.

The number of flights currently has no bearing on score.

As far as kills go, all I have is the log to go by. If it's not in the log, I don't know about it. The "unknown gunner" is the ack. If he was shot down by AAA and nobody else got a registered hit on him, then nobody is gonna get the credit ... just like in the MA.

We are currently looking into revising the scoring system and other associated processes to help clear things up.