Author Topic: COMBAT CHALLENGE 26 - 2018 Finale - November 23, 2018 at 10 PM EST  (Read 2173 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
COMBAT CHALLENGE 26

Friday, November 23, 2018, 10:00:00 PM EST

(GMT): Saturday, November 24, 2018 3:00:00 AM

CC 26 Results

*** 20K Air Spawns: Allies = A185 -> NE, A186 -> NW | Axis = A188 -> E, A196 -> E ***

*** Note: Please help to maintain balance on your side prior to fields opening.

- Terrain - Italy
- Fuel 1.00
- FSO Icons (3K for enemy) (3k for friendly)
- Ack  2.0
- FULL Radar ON
- Aircraft warning range 12 miles (63,360)
- Tower range set to 12 miles (for display only to match the above setting)
- Visibility 17 miles
- External Ordnance DISABLED
- Enemy collisions ON
- Kill shooter OFF
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: COMBAT CHALLENGE 26 - 2018 Finale - November 23, 2018 at 10 PM EST
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:59:42 AM »
I don't see a plane set here, Redtail.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »
I don't see a plane set here, Redtail.

:headscratch:

Hmmm... Photobucket has been having issues lately. That maybe what you see...
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »
Alot of players complaining about no CC tonight since it was an off week for FSO and none for October

October 26
Events: Combat Challenge 10 pm (EDT) SEA I

This was taken from the HTC Calendar
The Ball was Dropped alot of Players in the MA we waiting for CC tonight
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:10:38 PM by Molsman »
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 09:46:48 PM »
All,

The issue with the Italy map has be worked. We will fly the original configuration. Please download the map early if possible.

Cheers...

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:55:44 AM »
 :rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »
Minor change for the airspawns.

The airspawns will dump you out at 15k instead of 20k.

:salute

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »
Looks interesting enough to walk on to  :rock :salute :cheers:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »
Airspawns killed it for me tonight Sorry AkWarHwk but for future events keep the Air Spawns out of it, All the Event's Nef Ran we had close fights yes some of us got vulched but the fights were close enough to keep people re upping. The 3 Sectors in the matter of minutes tonight for a fight had me bail sorry and I know alot of other players did the same thing......

Combat means close fights not grab til you have advantage!!!!!!

Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 09:21:46 PM »
Tge last 3 of these have been FUBAR, either do it right or do not do it at all.

Chuikov

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »
Three sector flight to a fight is horrible. Leader of the CC not willing to swap sides. Not real fun. Imbalanced numbers smh.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 12:31:43 PM »
Three sector flight to a fight is horrible. Leader of the CC not willing to swap sides. Not real fun. Imbalanced numbers smh.

Yeah, Imbalance in #s can happen as everyone wants to fly "their" country and plane. It's just the way it is. Also, if the Allie's lose the alt advantage, they have much harder time regaining their advantage as they are not as good of defenders as the axis fighters. If the Allie's don't have alt over the axis, it's very hard for the Allie's to be successful.

Airspawns killed it for me tonight Sorry AkWarHwk but for future events keep the Air Spawns out of it, All the Event's Nef Ran we had close fights yes some of us got vulched but the fights were close enough to keep people re upping. The 3 Sectors in the matter of minutes tonight for a fight had me bail sorry and I know alot of other players did the same thing......

Combat means close fights not grab til you have advantage!!!!!!

I agree with you that the fights should be closer. You should only have to fly about half a sector before you get into the fight. The second rolling bases should be closer to each other so that you can roll from the other field and defend your field that is getting ganged. The further away the bases are, the more gangs that happen as friendlies drop and you are left with 6 red guys agaisnt you and no friendlies left in the area to help you.

I actually like the airspawns though I think 15K is just too high. This causes the "dog pile phenomenon". Planes just start high and pick their way until they are on the bottom. Then the guy they just shot down shows up with alt to do the same thing back to them. Almost all fights end up on the deck anyway.

I don't really think having to roll from a base is the best idea because the Allies would have a very hard time if they lost the advantage. The allies generally have to have the same or higher alt if they want a maintain an advantage. I believe an 6-9K air spawn would be better and cause for much bigger furballs that would eliminate the dog pile phenomenon. I think this would help the flow of the fights and reduce ganging. If the spawns started lower, I think the Allie's would be able to have a little more luck getting alt over the axis. The furball style combat really works in favor of the axis because they are generally more versatile planes in furballs. If the Allie's cannot use their advantage of BnZ, it makes it really hard for them to be successful. That's just something I've noticed in CC.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 08:54:32 AM »
I forgot to post after the Challenge last Friday...I've been busy with water leaks  :bhead

Anyway...

Everyone knows how big a fan I am of the Combat Challenges...I love them...My squaddies love them...but for the first time last Friday I had squaddies rage quitting because it was a shorter flight to the fight in the MA than it was for our beloved furball event....

I was frustrated as well...I tried to talk them down...so I timed it....from the runway of the Axis base to the furball was 7 minutes and 30 seconds....it was even longer from the airspawn...

Second...I stated back at the end of last Combat Challenge season that we would be flying Allied for this years events....and Allied we tried to fly...and it always seemed that every time the Axis got outnumbered the WE were the ones that were supposed to change sides...Hey I want the event to be even too...but there are others flying that aren't trying to win the squad portions of the event....we won it from the Axis side....we wanted to win it from the Allied side and we did....but there were times throughout the year that I had to leave half of my squad on the Allied side just so the rest of the Axis pilots didn't rage quit from being outnumbered...I only done it because we are an Axis squad...

Its not hard to ask single pilots to change sides for balance...don't expect me to split my squad up again next year when we are back Axis and the Allies are outnumbered...I wont do it...

Why in the world aren't we using the small maps that were made specifically for this event...why would anyone set a furball event up with an almost 10 minutes flight to the fight when you know everyone is going to die within 30 seconds of entering the furball????

I love these Combat Challenges...and my guys do to...this event needs to be turned around...because it's on a collision course with the scrapheap of once great AH events that aren't around anymore...

See y'all at the WWI Combat Challenge in December....we'll be there  :rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »
The overwhelming majority would agree that spawns were too far apart.  I think no more than 2 sectors of separation would be good between airspawns.  56th who fly jugs flew axis because no one would change sides.  Might add the CiC's squad didn't when it was like 20 to 8 and they had half a dozen players, as he asked people to go axis.