Author Topic: A little help please....  (Read 979 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
A little help please....
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »

I've just started playing with missions.  A lot of sharp edges to the editor, but it can be fun.

I've been looking at some of the basic tutorials but one question still confuses me.

If I am creating a single player offline staged mission, and I want the player to be placed in a particular flight without him trying to figure out which one he should be vs the AI, can that be forced?  Can it be set up that he is just dropped in to the position the designer wanted him and start? 

The alternative I guess would be to name everything else "AI-Do Not Choose!"  lol And name the one I want him in "Choose This One!!!"

Thanks in advance.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
Re: A little help please....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 01:35:37 PM »
I don't think so if you have aircraft on both sides or more than one aircraft on either side.  I have never tried a mission with a single aircraft on one side being the only aircraft available, but I think that is the only way it could work.  The other option is make both sides identical and choose the auto assign function.  Good luck with it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »
I don't think so if you have aircraft on both sides or more than one aircraft on either side.  I have never tried a mission with a single aircraft on one side being the only aircraft available, but I think that is the only way it could work.  The other option is make both sides identical and choose the auto assign function.  Good luck with it.

Thanks.  That's the conclusion I've come to also.   It makes sense based on what HTC designed the system to achieve.  I was trying to use it to create a single player campaign type narrative series of missions.  I think the best I can do is naming things in such a way the player knows what to do.

Thanks.  And thank for all your tuts and help info I run into researching missions.  :salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »
you could always name them bu flight and position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario