Author Topic: Upload issue.  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Upload issue.
« on: November 24, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »
 Thanks for responding CptTrips.  I am unable to upload a few of my staged missions in the AH uploader.

Keep getting  "Upload Error" message. Keeps telling me  "mission needs to be checked for errors by building the  resource file in editor before uploading". That was done when missions were created previously. Opened one of those missions in editor and tried rebuilding the .res file but it did not work.

Suggestions? I'm stumped.    Thanks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Upload issue.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 12:12:18 PM »
So here are the steps:

1.  Get a clean build of your mission in the editor first.  Until it builds without errors, you can't proceed. After your build, don't change anything before you upload it.  Verification info and some kind of checksum prove to the uploader that it has been verified and has not altered since has been recorded. 

2.  In the uploader, you upload the mis file.  It checks that it had previously been verified and not altered since.  It uploads the source and I believe compiles it itself on the server.  (Probably for hacking protection.) 

3.  Once the mission has been built on the server, it can be loaded from a Custom Arena like: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,397942.0.html

So, on step 1, are you getting a build error?  What is it?

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »
Hi Cpt.  Just finished making a brand new staged mission. Clicked on build res file. No error there. so I closed it and tried to upload it and got the same error. Both a .mis and .res file are now in ah folder. Will try messing with it again later, frustrated now.  Thank for the info. I will post again later . Thanks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »
Hi Cpt.  Just finished making a brand new staged mission. Clicked on build res file. No error there. so I closed it and tried to upload it and got the same error. Both a .mis and .res file are now in ah folder. Will try messing with it again later, frustrated now.  Thank for the info. I will post again later . Thanks.

If you wanted to attach the mis file here, I can give it a try.

Oh, and as I said here: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,397985.0.html 
working with staged missions is an exercise in pain tolerance.  :D

But it's a content tool, not necessarily intended for the average player.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:03:54 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 03:30:00 PM »
If you wanted to attach the mis file here, I can give it a try.

Oh, and as I said here: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,397985.0.html 
working with staged missions is an exercise in pain tolerance.  :D

But it's a content tool, not necessarily intended for the average player.

That's putting it mildly.  :salute

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
Thanks again Cpt.

Not unfamiliar with using/modifying software. Used to program with COBAL in the 70's. Long time ago but I'm not a total dunce. Just an old one.

Trying to attach the  new .mis file now for your perusal.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 05:15:18 PM »
btw.  uses the ndisle terrain

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »
btw.  uses the ndisle terrain

Had no problem building or uploading that.

It is up there now.

Something must be wrong with your upload parameters.

Assuming you are using the latest version, double check you Login ID (not your in-game name, but the account id.  Mine is showing my email.) and login password.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
I'm back. Saw you in the player arena. was not able to login. needed password.   Did it work for you?

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 05:49:37 PM »
will check those. thanks for trying it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 09:25:08 AM »
Bixby,

Were you able to get this sorted?

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 05:27:43 AM »
CptTrips.

Thanks for the help. Followed your instructions and it worked just as designed.

I made that mission rather hastily and was rusty on the process. Will make a couple more with a few of my personal favorite aircraft.
Thanks again for the help.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 10:14:29 AM »
 :aok
CptTrips.

Thanks for the help. Followed your instructions and it worked just as designed.

I made that mission rather hastily and was rusty on the process. Will make a couple more with a few of my personal favorite aircraft.
Thanks again for the help.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 12:32:03 PM »
I created and uploaded a new mission today on the ndisles terrain, "ukvus". Worked flawlessly and was a blast.

Spit 9 a Spit 16 and a Hurricane II against P-51B, P47-11, P38-J and an FM2.

I hope some people try it and let me know what you think.   Thanks...Bixby.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »
I created and uploaded a new mission today on the ndisles terrain, "ukvus". Worked flawlessly and was a blast.

Spit 9 a Spit 16 and a Hurricane II against P-51B, P47-11, P38-J and an FM2.

I hope some people try it and let me know what you think.   Thanks...Bixby.

Awesome!  Enjoyed it.

A couple of other hints.  After your first build, you will see a folder named the same as your mission file. 
In that you can place a 1024x1024 png to show as the mission icon in the mission listing.
You can also drop in a AWA file to give your mission clouds.  Until you get up to speed with the cloud editor, you can start with some of Brooke's excellent examples. 
http://electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/ahScenarioGuild/cloudDesignsAH3.htm

Drop those in that folder and do another build/upload to update with that new data.

I'm hoping that with the upcoming improvements to the Offline mission system, it will make them more accessible to players to enjoy and maybe rekindle a mission makers community that has seems to have died out here.  It will never replace the best of human vs human game-play, but can offer variety  and yet another way to enjoy this sim when you want something a little different than the some ole same ole Melee grind in between Scenarios and Events.

:salute,
CptTrips