Author Topic: Suppress Strat Messages?  (Read 316 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Suppress Strat Messages?
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »

I was combing though posts in this forum picking up knowledge and I saw a post from...maybe GhostDancer? about creating a map for a scenario where he was using static objects for BB and setting their type to FactFuel or something so they blow up pretty. 

I was experimenting with that, but of course you get a text msg saying you just destroyed factory fuel and it will be down for 10 minutes.  That sorta hurts immersion. 

Is there a way in the arena settings to suppress that? I tried disabling kill messages, but that didn't work.  Or is it something you just have to live with in exchange for fireworks?

(BTW, I am not creating a MA terrian.  This is purely for Offline missions.)

Thanks in advance.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Suppress Strat Messages?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 07:51:55 AM »
Nope there is no way to suppress the message.

However, there is a different way to place static ships now which I used over in the Pearl and Morocco terrains.

• Create a field (I usually use a Port) and place it in the corner of the map or somewhere away from where you expect people will be flying
  • Place a ca or de object (that is the Cruiser or Destroyer)
  • Make if field own (attach it the field you tucked out of the way)
  • Set object type to ship
  • Make sure the can collide checkbox is checked

The result will be the the Cruiser or Destroyer you placed will behave like a non moving ship now (smoke, etc.) and its guns will work. Also you won't get fuel bunker destroyed message.  However, it will not move and the field it is attached to will no longer show on the clip board map. It will be there but you won't see an icon for it.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 07:53:31 AM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:39:20 AM »
Nope there is no way to suppress the message.

However, there is a different way to place static ships now which I used over in the Pearl and Morocco terrains.

Clever thanks.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »
Oh this method will not work with the BB (battleship) and CV (carrier) since both of them connect to having a maproom. So you will end up with an build error if you try to place them which is why it only works with the CA and DE.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team