Author Topic: Track IR  (Read 1694 times)

Offline 2Dizzy

• Zinc Member
Track IR
« on: October 17, 2018, 05:12:35 AM »
A couple of nights a go there was a question from theStig about his Track IR setup. I'm flying with Track IR for some years now and I love it. To get it going for me (back then,) I got help from several players -even got some profiles from them- and from that point on I made adjustments and fine-tuned it for my taste. I'm at the point that it works fine for me in combination with the setup from my gear and and different views -inside/outside of the plane types.
Since it can be difficult to get going with TIR, I decided I might as well post the profile on the BBS. It gives a nice starting point, but if anyone wants to use it you got to know this:

- You got to change the "center" and "pause" button for your own gear

- My setup of my stick (axes) is pretty extreme -no curves/all sliders maxed out to the top, no dead band and just "a tad" of dampening. For my flying it combines well with the TIR setup.

- My TIR-speed is 2.8 and the "smooth is 50". That needs time to get used to.

I'm not very familiar with posting on the BBS (with attachments). So if the attachment fails (in Zipp format), just give a shout on BBS and I can send it by email.

<S>! 2 DIZZY

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Track IR
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:10:31 PM »
 :aok Pretty much same as mine! BEST advice I could add to this....Go OFFLINE and spawn to runway. While stationary, pick out a drone and just FOLLOW it,keeping it in view while ALSO trying to keep as much Peripheral SA at same time. IE...tracking Drone while tryimg to see EVERY gun that is shooting. Its best way to test and amend your set ups...without getting killed! :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »
I turn roll off for TIR, I also like enough deadband so that you don't see small head movements.

You can still use your hat switch views along with TIR. The rear view can be handy for a quick glance.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:33:34 PM by FLS »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 09:36:22 PM »
I have been collecting a bunch of profiles for some time now. Each of these have been renamed to who ever donated the profile.

http://download2266.mediafire.com/na07lf6yhhdg/3tiae934q8dihcb/TrackIR_profiles_4_2_17.zip

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
I don't have the technical insight to know how to open these downloads, but anyway's just by reading what 2Dizzy described about his settings I was able to pinpoint some errors I had made on my own profile. So after increasing speed from 1.0 to 2.5-2.8 ish, and played around with smooth a bit I was able to make a profile that I am very satisfied with. I was having problems with my SA because of the lagtime in the TIR, but speed setting fixed that. So now after finetuning all the parameters to the new speed and smooth setting everything feels very natural.

Finally I can move my head around and my views follow perfectly in a blink of an eye, so to speak.  :banana:

Thanks for putting up this thread 2Dizzy, even if I did not figure out the downloads. It was still helpful to me.  :aok

~TheStig~  :salute
TheStig

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 01:22:37 PM »
Thanks for the profiles Fugitive. I put all of them in the appropriate folder. My TrackIR works great in DCS but I cannot get it to work in Aces High. What am I doing wrong? For DCS I get the program running before I start DCS and it gets recognized. When I start AH and go to controllers it doesn't show.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 02:13:48 PM »
It should be same as in DCS...turn on TIR-THEN ACES HIGH. TIR will NOT show in controllers:options page like in DCS(too my knowledge at least). All tweaks for TIR in AH must be done inside the Natural Point TIR Program itself, through Curves and Sliders per each Axis. You will only know its on by seeing the 2 Green LEDS on the TIR Mirror...if its the TIR5. Cant remember what colors for 4 & 3 models :uhoh
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:18:00 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »
Thanks for the profiles Fugitive. I put all of them in the appropriate folder. My TrackIR works great in DCS but I cannot get it to work in Aces High. What am I doing wrong? For DCS I get the program running before I start DCS and it gets recognized. When I start AH and go to controllers it doesn't show.

Make sure VR is set to on in clipboard preferences VR options.

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 12:24:13 PM »
Thank you. That worked.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 06:32:29 PM »
yeah on planes  my axes are all at the top
on gv's I use default settings
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)