Author Topic: Throttle/Engine Air Start Test  (Read 995 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Throttle/Engine Air Start Test
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:29:47 PM »

Hitech asked me to recheck my assertion that air starts started with min throttle like it does on the ground.  From the code, it looked like air starts should have begun at full throttle.

So I checked again and he was right.  Here is what made me think that:

1.  When ever I air start, I immediately wiggle the stick, because I like wiggling my stick and I am a control freak and like to fly the formation myself.  So immediately I disengage formation auto pilot.

2.  On an air start, you are spawned with a cold engine.  You can hear it start as soon as you spawn and blow ignition smoke.  At spawn, your rpm are 0 and speed is dropping rapidly.  The engine has to start and spool up before you can recover and can be hard to keep from breaking formation initially.  Flying manually, my impression was that it was the same throttle behavior I saw on the ground, but really it was a different cause. 

3.  Not catastrophic, but maybe a little weird to be dropped in mid-air with an engine turned off. 

:salute,
CptTrips

Oh, may not be needed now but see attached test mission. 
Terrain: Waffle
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.