Author Topic: Lenovo headset opinion?  (Read 537 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Lenovo headset opinion?
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »
Saw the Lenovo headset on sale for $99 and was considering checking out this VR thing... anyone have any experience/opinion on that headset?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Lenovo headset opinion?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:09:36 AM »
I have an Acer which is also a windows mixed reality headset...similar price. WMR works great with Aces High.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:44:33 PM »
If it is a VR headset based on the Microsoft AR headset, then it should work just fine.  All those headsets should work.  How well?  I cannot say.

All I can attest to is the game does support them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 02:55:17 PM »
In a review from January they compared Dell, Acer and Lenovo. While they were technically similar, there were differences in ergonomics. The Lenovo was rated the weakest as it didn't seem to stay on the face when looking down and it leaked light. The Dell was said to be the sturdiest and had the best adjustments.

Later in the summer the same editors reviewed the Samsung HMD Odyssey saying it had the most important issues fixed: Better lenses, wider FOV, better contrast, oled screen, eye width adjustment...

You really can't tell until you've tested how each of them fit your head and eyes.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 03:18:22 PM »
Many of them are missing a physical adjustment for the eye width, which is critical.  They do have a software adjustment, but it is not as good as the physical adjustment.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 04:40:43 PM »
Many of them are missing a physical adjustment for the eye width, which is critical.  They do have a software adjustment, but it is not as good as the physical adjustment.

IPD - inter-pupillary-distance, the distance between your pupils.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
If you want to try out the Lenovo - it's only $100 - won't break the bank and you get to play with it.

The Samsung isn't cheap $500 bills - more expensive than the Rift.

IPD - very important for settings. Mine is 70mm and the max for WMR is 67. I have to 'adjust' the Acer several times before it's perfect...mind you the Rift was the same.

Now if the Sammy can adjust your IPD until it's perfect, then that's great. It's just not $500 USD great - Acer's work fine for what we play. There are no VR headseats with AMAZING resolution - nothing touches the clarity of picutures you'll get on a HD monitor (yet).

Play VR for the feel and immersion, not because you want spectacular landscapes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:21:19 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech