Author Topic: Tomorrow!  (Read 2253 times)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Tomorrow!
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:23:54 PM »
Oke Lads and Gals!

Tomorrow will be the epic third frame of the scenario Pantalleria!

Walk-ons welcome! don't miss out! :banana:

DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 04:26:30 PM »
Please show up at or before 3 pm US Eastern time  (9pm west EU) in Special Events II arena -- the arena will lock after that.  End of frame will be nominally at 6:45 pm US Eastern time.
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »
Please show up at or before 3 pm US Eastern time  (9pm west EU) in Special Events II arena -- the arena will lock after that.  End of frame will be nominally at 6:45 pm US Eastern time.

A suggestion to the powers that be: don't lock down the arena.  It seems a strange policy when you want to get as many involved as possible.   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:41:51 PM »
A suggestion to the powers that be: don't lock down the arena.  It seems a strange policy when you want to get as many involved as possible.   

This is an EVENT

We cannot have guys logging in and launching when ever they want. We have limits and rules in here and if guys just show up from MA when ever, it would be chaos...... OK more chaotic then it already is   :D

We do want more players, but with in the scope of a scenario.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:53:06 PM »
This is an EVENT

We cannot have guys logging in and launching when ever they want. We have limits and rules in here and if guys just show up from MA when ever, it would be chaos...... OK more chaotic then it already is   :D

We do want more players, but with in the scope of a scenario.

He actually has a valid point! Ditto, Sir...

The CM's hosting control the arena settings and have the ability to keep all flights locked down.....

Walk-on's should be allowed in up until the Scenario is fixing to start rolling planes...

They just need to go to the nuetural country to be able to get assigned a place/plane slot....

I know you already know that, but the Scenario never starts at 12pm/3pm or whatever... It always seems to start 20 to 30 minutes after top of the hour....

Just saying

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »
I don't have no Bwanas / Privs anymore since I was retired from Training, but I do know that the CM can tower any unauthorized plane launch if necessary, up until the arena is locked down

and they are easy to spot, especially if they are not in uniform....

Just putting my thoughts out there, on this subject

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 11:23:54 PM »
 :rofl

YES

I do know that, and that is what we do.   

Last 2 frames we have been starting 40 after the hour.

I had to walk guys through setting up squads as the leaders failed to show. It has been chaos.

If someone is late  they just have to type .p flossy let me in

if they are a noob and never flown in a scenario and the event has started, we do not have time to explain.

If they show up early and we can explain the rules and get them in uniform  they are most welcome
Ditto  "WHITE 11"

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 01:39:28 AM »
I will try to be there, I often lack the time to participate but I will try my best to be present for this frame.

where am I needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 08:20:47 AM »
I will try to be there, I often lack the time to participate but I will try my best to be present for this frame.

where am I needed?

the Axis of course!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
the Axis of course!

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »
He actually has a valid point! Ditto, Sir...

The CM's hosting control the arena settings and have the ability to keep all flights locked down.....

Walk-on's should be allowed in up until the Scenario is fixing to start rolling planes...

They just need to go to the nuetural country to be able to get assigned a place/plane slot....

I know you already know that, but the Scenario never starts at 12pm/3pm or whatever... It always seems to start 20 to 30 minutes after top of the hour....

Just saying ann

TC
in the Melee arena when it's time- brooke makes calls in the MElee-for more players, just like this post was opened yesterday--the people have plenty of notice and and plenty of chances to play in the scenario's..    .KCDitto is right-Chaos would in-sue if Brooke had to stop playing every 5 to 10 minutes to place a new player-if they can't get in to play, that's just tuff
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 10:16:31 AM »
Last 2 frames we have been starting 40 after the hour.

One of my biggest peeves with Scenarios and one of the main reasons I do not participate. If it's a set start time, why the heck are you starting 40 minutes late?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 10:36:49 AM »
I don't know why we would start late? Perhaps:

When real life happens and your group leaders do not show, you have to explain how to set up a squad to a guy who has never done it before as to have everyone in uniform.

When you have guys that show up 20 minutes after knowing that we start 30 minutes after and have to get them invited and set up.

When you have walk-ons who have never flown a scenario before and have to explain the rules and that this is NOT the MA.

When you have guy who will only fly plane _______ and that unit is full so they just leave.

When some of the settings did not take from the script and adjustments have to be made.

When you have registered players show up 30 minutes after and then have to move guys to other squads so as not to be over on a certain type of plane.

stuff happens
Ditto  "WHITE 11"

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »
One of my biggest peeves with Scenarios and one of the main reasons I do not participate. If it's a set start time, why the heck are you starting 40 minutes late?

I blame AXIS!! :neener: :old:

But yeah it's as ditto says nef, stuff happened why we started later than planned unfortunately.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 11:40:19 AM »
IIRC scenarios are slated to start at 3:30, so 10 minutes late.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com