Author Topic: Add Weather AWA File or Scripts to Run to Terrain Setup File for Staged Missions  (Read 178 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member

In designing a Staged Mission, I see where I can specify a terrain setup file that configures fields, arena variables, and plane sets. 

However, I don't see anywhere in that to specify the weather awa file, or to include a script to run where I could do so.   It's not really reasonable for a player using a Staged Mission Download to have to manually type in a dot command to load clouds.

The terrain setup file lets me set the time of day for a Staged Mission , so it seems reasonable I could specify the weather file. 

Unless I'm missing the way to set that up?

Thanks in advance.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
In designing a Staged Mission, I see where I can specify a terrain setup file that configures fields, arena variables, and plane sets. 
However, I don't see anywhere in that to specify the weather awa file, or to include a script to run where I could do so.

Ideally, I should be able to set the weather file as part of the Staged Mission terrain setup file.  The state of the weather might be part of the story of the mission.

As an interim measure, if the Staged Mission could at least not remove the clouds that are already there, that would be something.  I created a weather file and put in the proper chconfig location, it loads by default when I start the terrain offline.  So initially I at least have some nice pretty clouds.  Then I load and start the Staged Mission, and it immediately removes all clouds!  Until you can let me specify the clouds, maybe at least leave the ones that happen to be there!

:salute,
CptTrips
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.