Author Topic: T34 85 time for perk upgrade  (Read 13849 times)

Offline BaronVonDeath

• Zinc Member
Re: T34 85 time for perk upgrade
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
Well, again tonight, guys were complaining about the 85...a player ranted  "I tracked him and he was smoking and another 4 hvap hits to kill him" it's frigging crazy. The guys that love it will buy it. I pull my hair out hitting that tank. Don't tell me it's where you hit it. I've hit it every possible place. All the same out come. Actually I did kill one tonight with 2 hits!! Woohoo

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 11:35:39 PM »
Take 2 WWII documentaries and call us in the morning  :aok
:rofl Thanks Doc...er Drunk Monk :aok Its the Robitussin for AH geezers, but it works! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »
Hurri2D is all Cannon. No bombs. 40mm AP.

Im aware of that. Its just that even with the stuka guns the t34 is significantly more difficult to kill than the other primary tanks.

Might try the hurri2d as its an easier platform to fly. I just have less luck with the 40mm

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 03:09:51 AM »
I had 5 T-34/85 kills last month in the Yak 9T, which usually involved a shot down through the top of the turret with the 37mm. I even got a decent whine out of 8thjinx which was extremely satisfying.

Melee Tour 225
Kills of T-34/85 by Vulcan in a
Yak-9T
Player Name   Killed
1BDSPADE   2
8thJinx   1
eddiek   1
NoTaR   1

So the /85 isn't that bad. I also got hamrdown on the weekend (in a panther), he went full tard calling me a hacker and everything, made my day :)  . People from that squad seem to have anger management issues.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 03:12:48 AM by Vulcan »

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 06:14:25 AM »
Im aware of that. Its just that even with the stuka guns the t34 is significantly more difficult to kill than the other primary tanks.

Might try the hurri2d as its an easier platform to fly. I just have less luck with the 40mm

Try setting convergence to 400, dive at 45’, hit the top of the turret or the turret hull confluence. That will either kill if both rounds hit, if only one round hits, it will disable the turret or engine. I don’t think it’s the armor but the relatively small size of the turret.

Chuikov

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 06:44:55 AM »

Try setting convergence to 400, dive at 45’, hit the top of the turret or the turret hull confluence. That will either kill if both rounds hit, if only one round hits, it will disable the turret or engine. I don’t think it’s the armor but the relatively small size of the turret.
   This.  I get a lot of kills but you have to get close and fire like a sniper right down into the turret top.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2018, 12:47:36 PM »
IRL T34/85 had only 45mm angled armor, but had a bouncy hull, and up to 100mm in the front of the turret.

It was fast, specially in snow. It's optics was not as good as the gun it had.
Only -5 deg depression of the gun was a defect all Russian tanks of the war had.

Germans had better optics than the T34/85, with a wider FOV.
Not all T34/85's had radios, even at the end of the war, a real killer in a dynamic mobile warfare.

IRL the worst thing was the average Russian crewmen: they where only trained on one position in the tank.
Russian where smart enough not use them as infantry when they got shot out of the tank, as the Germans did.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2018, 07:53:47 PM »
I'd take the Hs129 with the 75mm gun as a solution to the T34 armor over a perk cost increase for the T34
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2018, 01:20:51 AM »
I'm starting to have AH3 withdrawals. :D

I went through them.....took about 2 weeks and got into another routine...and all's well now

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2018, 09:59:15 AM »
I went through them.....took about 2 weeks and got into another routine...and all's well now

Evidently not.... you are still here.   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2018, 12:02:12 PM »
All tanks except 3 are the same so why bother perking anything except thoose 3. 

Every tank type has a model with a gun that kill every other tank with one shot.
They all have speeds between 22-34 mph
They can all be killed with one shot.

The only differentiation of note is...

M18 has a substantial speed deference but it can be knocked out by machine guns.
Tiger II can take multiple hits
Hetzer can take multiple hits

I can kill a T-34/85, or a Panther, or a Firefly.  with one shot from a Panzer Mk IV, which is free.  So what are you getting for those perk points?
Who is John Galt?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2018, 03:21:29 PM »

My T34s have been destroyed by every tank but the stug.

I did get a couple of easy T34 kills in a M16 when they were upside down.

I'm sure the shells were beating their speakers for 15 seconds after they were in the tower.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2018, 03:41:29 PM »

Every tank type has a model with a gun that kill every other tank with one shot.
They all have speeds between 22-34 mph
They can all be killed with one shot.

IRL many tanks were not a one penetration kill, but you slowed down the response from that tank, incapacitated crew members or disabled the gun  engine or other parts.

For instance an APCR shot does 'only' a hole in through the armor and sometimes a hole out, with some fragmentation from the hit part. More frightening are the shots with explosive filler, but I suspect HTC are not using it since we don't have it for our planes.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »
I would like to suggest the perk value of the T-34/85 be increased to 10 perk points because everyone is using it now and that puts it close to it's direct competitor the Panther G with a perk value of 12. You really don't see any other tanks being used anymore.

We used to see Hetzers,M-4/76's, Panzer H's, Panzer F's, and M-8's on a regular basis. Now it is rare to see them in battle. Increasing the perk value of the T-34/85 would balance out the use of tanks and restore the even spread we had before.

There used to be a couple of guys, their call signs escape me at the moment, but they used to pop the turrets of the Panzers with a M-8, knock out the engines of the Hetzers from behind, and forced everyone to up T-34/85's (mostly on the Bishop side) to counter the M-8's activity.

Now that everyone is driving a T-34/85 it is rare we see M-8's, Panzers, M-4/76's, or Hetzers being used in AH. Please restore the balance by increasing the perk value of the T-34/85 to 10 perk points. The GV aspect of AH is allot more fun when all of the tanks are being used.

That is my wish.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 02:19:56 PM »

A bit late but...

If all those tanks were that much the same, they would not only be used more, but they would have quite similar results battling each other.
Since the very day AH3 dropped, the T-34/85 is totally dominating the battlegrounds.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman