Author Topic: T34-85 time for perk upgrade  (Read 4947 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
Re: T34-85 time for perk upgrade
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 04:50:27 PM »
jusr one shotted one at 2.8.. i spent three rounds ranging it. hit it in the side, poof dead of course i was using the 85 as well if that counts lol
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »
Thread resurrection!

There are certain things that can't be modeled in AH that were attributes of a tank in WW2 (radio, doctrine, crew fatigue/comfort/ergonomics, maintenance issues, etc).

There are certain things that CAN be modeled in AH there were attributes if a tank in WW2 but are not (optic quality/clarity, recoil reset, range, tiered damaged [all or none], etc).

No tank in AH benefits from this better than both models of the T34. The easiest to fix would be optics, the optical clarity on both T34's is far too good. Even the Soviets admitted their optical quality was lacking. In AH there is zero difference. None. A T34 can find an enemy tank just as easy as a German tank and that is a travesty. I've been playing AH since Jan of 2008 and if there is one thing that I can't figure out is HTC's unwillingness to adjust this (modeling optical clarity).

Secondly, since certain Achilles Heel traits of the T34 can't be/will not be modeled, then for the Love of God PLEASE consider increasing the T34/85 perk cost to 10-12. It is on par with the Tiger and Panther tank and far exceeds the M4A3 Sherman (76mm), Firefly, and the Jagdpanzer IV which are perked as "contemporaries".

Just step back and look at the figures. Look at what the T34/85 can do vs its "contemporaries". Better armor, better speed, better HE, equal or greater AP (don't forget the overly abundant HVAP round!), reload rate is very similar, did I mention the armor (the armor is on par with the Tiger and Panther)?

Please consider increasing the perk cost of the T34/85.             
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2021, 12:59:32 PM »
It would also be fun to model the reliability of of each vehicle. I can already here the tigers calling for veh sups!

Or maybe model gun jams and malfunctions? I read somewhere that the outboard guns on the 190s jammed more then not if they were shot under g load.

Or maybe the accuracy of the Wirble goes to crap after you melt the barrels?

I'm so full of ideas today! :bolt:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 02:47:14 PM »

No tank in AH benefits from this better than both models of the T34. The easiest to fix would be optics, the optical clarity on both T34's is far too good. Even the Soviets admitted their optical quality was lacking. In AH there is zero difference. None. A T34 can find an enemy tank just as easy as a German tank and that is a travesty. I've been playing AH since Jan of 2008 and if there is one thing that I can't figure out is HTC's unwillingness to adjust this (modeling optical clarity).

That is not correct, I use the T34/85 and the Panzer, the Panzer optics, in game, are noticeable better than the T34/85, end of discussion. :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2021, 05:00:15 AM »
That is not correct, I use the T34/85 and the Panzer, the Panzer optics, in game, are noticeable better than the T34/85, end of discussion. :headscratch:

For comparison:
(Files had been uploaded uncompressed and had been converted to lossless png)

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2021, 11:01:35 AM »
For comparison:
(Files had been uploaded uncompressed and had been converted to lossless png)
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

For a fair comparison, try again at 1.5k, 2.0k, 2.5k, & 3.0k+. There is a noticeable difference. Or maybe there isn't. . . . .

What does Kenai know? He is only one of the more experienced players. I am sure he has some devious underlying reason for telling the truth and trying to correct misinformation.

Ok. . . . gotta go, somewhere there is a carcass of a horse that needs a good pummeling.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2021, 11:10:26 AM »
For a fair comparison, try again at 1.5k, 2.0k, 2.5k, & 3.0k+. There is a noticeable difference. Or maybe there isn't. . . . .

What does Kenai know? He is only one of the more experienced players. I am sure he has some devious underlying reason for telling the truth and trying to correct misinformation.

Ok. . . . gotta go, somewhere there is a carcass of a horse that needs a good pummeling.

Please sign me up for your first Tank Clinic. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2021, 11:22:59 AM »
For a fair comparison, try again at 1.5k, 2.0k, 2.5k, & 3.0k+.

Unlike AH3, very little combat happens at such ranges in AH III any more. Most combat is rather 'close', at least compared to AHII.
That's why the T-34/85 is doing so much better in AHII than the Tiger I (which has 10 times(!) the perk cost) - long range performance hardly matters any more.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2021, 11:31:46 AM »
The majority of my kills are from 1400 yds. or less, but I do long range shots also, actually enjoy them more. :x
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2021, 07:40:10 PM »
Best to use a 1000lber for those pesky t34s.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 10:27:34 PM »

No noticeable difference in optics. The T34/85 has a haze, or a film, pr whatever you want to call it that the Panzer IV does not have. Obviously that isn't an issue and doesn't equate to any measurable handicap for the Soviets. The Soviet optics do NOT suffer any penalty that a noteworthy inferior optic would possess. None. End of story. I'm not sure why Kenai is holding on to that fallacy either for it isn't "truth" he is telling. The comparison Lusche provided above makes it clear as glass (pun intended).   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »
No noticeable difference in optics. The T34/85 has a haze, or a film, pr whatever you want to call it that the Panzer IV does not have. Obviously that isn't an issue and doesn't equate to any measurable handicap for the Soviets. The Soviet optics do NOT suffer any penalty that a noteworthy inferior optic would possess. None. End of story. I'm not sure why Kenai is holding on to that fallacy either for it isn't "truth" he is telling. The comparison Lusche provided above makes it clear as glass (pun intended).   

And you don't think that degrades the optics?? Where are you from?? Short range, it has little impact, agreed. Long range it has a significant impact, and that is during the day time. At night it impacts your ability to "see" significantly at any range. It is nice to note you do see the difference, albeit you don't "see" the impact. ;)
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:53 AM »

It would appear your definition of “ Noticeable” and my definition of “Noticeable is noticeably different….lol I didn’t say anything about a handicap. I did however agree w/ Kenai that your statement was/ is not correct.

I am having difficulty understanding the emphasis on the T34. Will it make others feel better getting shot with another model of tank?

Just because the numbers show it’s the preferred tank, what is it about the T34 that bothers those concerned? You emphasize what it can do. Does the T34 have any shortcomings? Just asking for those that use it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2021, 12:02:21 PM »
I am having difficulty understanding the emphasis on the T34. Will it make others feel better getting shot with another model of tank?

The T-34/85 is totally dominating the arena. It is priced way too low for its superior all-round performance. It's not only being used a lot, but is also killing much more efficiently at the same time. For example, despite much higher usage, especially on the offense, it has a better K/D than the Tiger I which costs 10 times(!) as much.
I have posted all relevant data in the General Discussion forum.

All I would be asking for is a perk point adjustment, so it's more in line with Tiger I or Panther. After all, that's what the perking system was made for.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »
And you don't think that degrades the optics?? Where are you from?? Short range, it has little impact, agreed. Long range it has a significant impact, and that is during the day time. At night it impacts your ability to "see" significantly at any range. It is nice to note you do see the difference, albeit you don't "see" the impact. ;)

The difference in optical quality between the T34 and the Panzer IV are negligible, we can see the example. If Lusche would not have posted a side by side most would have never have known it. My tests from way back in 2011-2013 when I compiled all the hard data for the gv's allowed me to denote such in my notes, and on my spreadsheet, but conclude there was not enough of a difference to hinder performance at all so much so that I almost left it off the final version. The target is still seen the same at 600 and 2000 yards out albeit a "haze" in the T34 optics. HTC could turn that dial a bit more and like Lusche mentions the T34/85 is far under priced for the value it brings (firepower, armor, speed, ammo load). In AH the T34/85 is superior to the Tiger in almost every way, the two obvious differences are the Tiger's very slow turret traverse and slower travel speed. 

My goal, like other players, is to get that T34/85 perked to where it needs to be (I say 10). Its contemporaries (Firefly, M4A3 Sherman 76mm, M18, Jagdpanther IV) lag far behind it for a plethora of reasons.