Author Topic: T34-85 time for perk upgrade  (Read 4946 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: T34-85 time for perk upgrade
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2021, 07:35:12 PM »
All I would be asking for is a perk point adjustment, so it's more in line with Tiger I or Panther. After all, that's what the perking system was made for.

So, from an interested, but uninvolved, bystander:  If the T-34/85 were perked roughly equal to the Panther (duplicating history)...what would people choose to drive around in...?

- oldman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2021, 07:55:57 PM »

So, from an interested, but uninvolved, bystander:  If the T-34/85 were perked roughly equal to the Panther (duplicating history)...what would people choose to drive around in...?

- oldman

Depends a lot upon the perk cost is just increasing to the Panthers 15, or if it goes up just a bit (10?) and Panther & Tiger I get a bit lower perk price.

Generally, we would see much more Panzer IV (free) again (how much depends on the above). Smashing towns: The M4(75) ratio would go up. For deacking fields maybe a bit of the T34/76, which once was popular due to its speed (no need to take now because of the almost free /85).
For dedicated tank combat, along with the Panzer IV I expect to see much more of the other tanks, most notably Panther and the nowadays almost forgotten M4(76).

I don't expect German tank destroyers to make a big comeback, it's just not their terrain anymore.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 08:07:47 PM »
By the way, that being said, I don't expect to happen anything soon. Such adjustments were rare in AH even back when there were more people working on it. Remember how long it did take to get the Spitfire 14 unperked?  :old:

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2021, 11:07:43 PM »
Depends a lot upon the perk cost is just increasing to the Panthers 15, or if it goes up just a bit (10?) and Panther & Tiger I get a bit lower perk price.

Generally, we would see much more Panzer IV (free) again (how much depends on the above). Smashing towns: The M4(75) ratio would go up. For deacking fields maybe a bit of the T34/76, which once was popular due to its speed (no need to take now because of the almost free /85).
For dedicated tank combat, along with the Panzer IV I expect to see much more of the other tanks, most notably Panther and the nowadays almost forgotten M4(76).

I don't expect German tank destroyers to make a big comeback, it's just not their terrain anymore.

The "Stats" have determined the T34/85 is "Superior" in performance (Which it is not), and so there is a need to change things up because a couple of others think it should be? I would agree its "Popular" (Not Superior).

Either way - Excellent suggestion! Raise the perk on the T34/85 to 10 or whatever the Stats suggest. That way we can have 4 tanks instead of 3 that are rarely used. It would be exciting to watch another GV sit on the side lines in the name of making the game better and it should add oodles of fun too!

Players rarely pay the perks for the T2, T1, or the Panther as it is now. You say there is a need for change, I say that things are in balance. I do not hear anybody complaining in the Main about this. Everybody is free to choose whatever Vehicle they want. Raise the perks, lower the perks, cancel the perks, everybody will always find their Happy Medium. If this was 15 years ago and Player participation was what it use to be - then this is a conversation to have. But it isn't and it ain't. To Restrain play at this point in the life of Aces High seems controlling for the sake of control.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 01:32:54 AM »
Tyfoo why not make chogs 1 perk?

T34 85 is the most well rounded tank in game. Even i can get occasional kills in it!

Or maybe perk the panther and tiger 3 perks? That would bring them back some.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2021, 05:24:11 AM »
Either way - Excellent suggestion! Raise the perk on the T34/85 to 10 or whatever the Stats suggest. That way we can have 4 tanks instead of 3 that are rarely used.

This makes no sense at all.

Players rarely pay the perks for the T2, T1, or the Panther as it is now. You say there is a need for change, I say that things are in balance

But they aren't. Have you looked at the actual number, usage and k/D?  Shall I post the comparison yet another time?
Other tanks are hardly used now because the T34 is vastly superior especially considering the perk costs. It's performing far better than the Tiger one which has 10 times the perk cost.
That's what is out of balance. Perk points had been  introduced to prevent superior rides from dominating the arena.
Compared to the 2 point T34/85, the 20 point Tiger and 15 point Panther or the 4 point Sherman VC are way overpriced - that's what is out of balance. The perked vehicles are not worth to be taken out any more.

The aim is to get some rebalance to the arena.

. Everybody is free to choose whatever Vehicle they want. Raise the perks, lower the perks, cancel the perks, everybody will always find their Happy Medium

Cancel the perks and everybody will find their happy medium? With free Tempests and Me 262s buzzing around? That's some odd kind of wishful thinking.  :headscratch:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 09:17:27 AM »
Using a T34/85 to kill Panthers, Tiger 1's, Firefly's is relatively easy in our current combat environment, you ambush them. That in and of its self is not due to the "uber" capabilities of the 34/85, but is a result of the tactics. My personal nemesis is the Jagdpanzer I70, and specifically one with 27th driving it, lol. Between the tanks impressive capabilities, his knowledge of its strengths and weaknesses, and his ability to see you where ever you are, makes it a daunting task.

Be careful increasing the perk cost of the 34/85, many gv'ers say they will leave if they increase it. You could lower the cost of the other perked tanks, to bring everything "back into balance", what ever that means. It really depends on what the objective overall is, if it is to reduce the usage of the 35/85, that's not going to happen. If it is to increase the usage of other tanks, then change their perk cost.

As a side note to this discussion, it is interesting to note, most of the comments for the increase in perk cost of the 34/85, are coming from players that don't even gv the majority of the time. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 11:14:43 AM »
. It really depends on what the objective overall is, if it is to reduce the usage of the 35/85, that's not going to happen. If it is to increase the usage of other tanks, then change their perk cost.

That's contradictory.

As a side note to this discussion, it is interesting to note, most of the comments for the increase in perk cost of the 34/85, are coming from players that don't even gv the majority of the time. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: indeed

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 04:48:53 PM »

Be careful increasing the perk cost of the 34/85, many gv'ers say they will leave if they increase it. You could lower the cost of the other perked tanks, to bring everything "back into balance", what ever that means. It really depends on what the objective overall is, if it is to reduce the usage of the 35/85, that's not going to happen. If it is to increase the usage of other tanks, then change their perk cost.

As a side note to this discussion, it is interesting to note, most of the comments for the increase in perk cost of the 34/85, are coming from players that don't even gv the majority of the time. ‘:rolleyes:

Exactly, reduce perk cost of Panther and Tigers not the T34/85. It would drive away players that use it for a huge % of their sorties. But lowering the cost of the others could get them to use other tanks!
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 08:15:42 PM »
Snailman for airplanes does K/D roughly correlate to ENY/perk cost?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »
I think there's an easy fix to this. Make perks and eny dynamic. I bet you could use some of the same code that's used to calculate the eny based on the numbers.

The more people that up a vehicle/plane the more perks it costs. The less people that use it he less it costs.

That way the plane isn't just assigned an arbitrary number that is rarely reviewed. The Hurri mkII comes to mind. There are so many planes that are better at 20 or even 25 eny that you rarely see one. If the eny started out at 40 on all the planes and decreased based on the number of people that are flying them I'd bet that would even get some of the hanger queens out.

Offline Wobblin-Goblin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2023, 07:04:59 AM »
Personally I think the T34/85 is overdesigned, not just for the perk price, but in general. It absorbs way too much punishment, more than a real T34 would have in actual combat. I think doubling its cost from 3 perks to 6 would work, but perhaps the better approach would be to lower the perk cost of Tigers and Panthers (as a few of you have said).

If Panthers were 7 perks instead of 15 and Tiger IIs were 50 instead of 100, we'd see more of them.

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2023, 04:55:06 PM »
I'm with the gv guys on leaving it alone. T34/85 is easily killed with a m4/76, panther and tigers are not. No need to lower their perks either. The game is fun like it is. Why change it?