Author Topic: PLEASE...something new for us non-VR customers.  (Read 6080 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: PLEASE...something new for us non-VR customers.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 03:51:33 PM »

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 09:01:29 PM »
Korean War arena was already pretty sparse in AW...

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 09:08:20 PM »
Korean War arena was already pretty sparse in AW...

If you recall, it was designed rather sparsely. ;)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »
If you recall, it was designed rather sparsely. ;)

It took them over a year to make AH3. Now you want them to ignore AH3 so they can build a "Korean War" arena with enough equipment/planes/background to make it a viable plan?

I want some of what your smokin  ;)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2018, 06:59:45 AM »
AW = Air Warrior.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 09:00:12 AM »
It took them over a year to make AH3. Now you want them to ignore AH3 so they can build a "Korean War" arena with enough equipment/planes/background to make it a viable plan?

I want some of what your smokin  ;)

Neh, whatever you're smokin' is strong enough. Adding to AH3 is not ignoring AH3. A lot of what would go into a KW arena is already in game. And no, it doesn't require killing any of the current arenas to model a Sabre and a MiG.

Stop trying to make this out to be something more difficult than what I'm suggesting. ;)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2018, 09:00:21 AM »
Aw ww2 arena design was sparse too. Yet had 1000 people on it

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »
Aw ww2 arena design was sparse too. Yet had 1000 people on it

It was the best thing out there, in its day. But AW's WWII arena had a lot more toys than KW. Right now, AH has a lot more to plug into a KW environment than AW did. If two models, the Sabre and MiG, were developed, we'd have a functional KW arena to try out/promote. If it fizzles like some here predict (hope) then we still have all the pieces for KW events with less effort than it took for graphics update 1. If it doesn't, then there'd not only be a potential draw (new blood) alongside the dedicated survivors but room to expand.

Our WWII toy box is pretty full. Many of us have been asking for some event gaps to be filled but the MA can't really get much more uber. The only practical add, if players are going to insist on new models, would be this or a dozen ships or a lot more models to bring in the SCW. I merely decided to go the easiest route with the fewest models. No meltdowns required.  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »
Neh, whatever you're smokin' is strong enough. Adding to AH3 is not ignoring AH3. A lot of what would go into a KW arena is already in game. And no, it doesn't require killing any of the current arenas to model a Sabre and a MiG.

Stop trying to make this out to be something more difficult than what I'm suggesting. ;)

It takes around 6 months or so to build a plane for the game, I dont know if that covers the research as well, but even if we go with 6 months, your looking at a year to get it together. As they dont have a huge "art" team, nor do they have a huge coader team, they would basically have to ignore the rest of the game to devote the time necessary to to put together an arena that when compared to the MA, will most likely not be utilized any more than the than the "Axis and Allies" arena.

Sure its a great idea, a fun diversion, but from a business stand point, a colossal waste of time and energy.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »
It takes around 6 months or so to build a plane for the game, I dont know if that covers the research as well, but even if we go with 6 months, your looking at a year to get it together. As they dont have a huge "art" team, nor do they have a huge coader team, they would basically have to ignore the rest of the game to devote the time necessary to to put together an arena that when compared to the MA, will most likely not be utilized any more than the than the "Axis and Allies" arena.

Sure its a great idea, a fun diversion, but from a business stand point, a colossal waste of time and energy.

I know, as well as anyone, the small staff HT employs. Modeling anything new, whatsoever, involves such. This is a thread about new models (and maybe even new and exciting ideas - for modeling for just modeling's sake seems the very epitome of the waste of time and energy you lament).  :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »
Ehh I dunno. I've seen it and used it and I just have no interest or desire to invest into it.
VR isn't doing well all over the gaming industry...we all know what industry it's going to take over but I think I'd get moderated for saying it.  :aok

Upgrading the models is good enough IMO, dont add new aircraft before having the game up to their par.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2018, 03:30:37 PM »
Wonder what the percentage of ah players is using vr? Im tempted to buy a set but not at the current price point unless i know for sure i will enjoy using it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2018, 03:45:10 PM »
Wonder what the percentage of ah players is using vr? Im tempted to buy a set but not at the current price point unless i know for sure i will enjoy using it.

Hitech posted this....

....but as one of the axis arent labeled it could be a scale of 0-5, 0-50, or 0-500.

My geuss would be around 10-12 percent use it now. You can find used sets on Ebay for $250. That might be low enough for me to give it a go.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2018, 05:06:42 PM »
Hitech posted this....

(Image removed from quote.)

....but as one of the axis arent labeled it could be a scale of 0-5, 0-50, or 0-500.

My geuss would be around 10-12 percent use it now. You can find used sets on Ebay for $250. That might be low enough for me to give it a go.

There's no context supplied by the Y-axis.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2018, 06:26:08 PM »
There's no context supplied by the Y-axis.

Thats what I said in the first line after the picture. Hitech tried to pull a fast one.