Author Topic: New Installer Test  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: New Installer Test
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 02:44:15 PM »
No need to split it.  Just ZIP it up.  It compresses really well.

I would rather see a DXDIAG output.

Are you running any anti-xxx software?  If so, which one?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
Download of AHIII3401TEST1.EXE went smooth at my max ips speed.
Game ran smooth on DX11 in Oculus Rift. Immensely smoother with hardly a stutter.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »
Installation and download went ok, took about 5 minutes in total.

After uninstallation the folder is still there though.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:40:45 PM by AAIK »

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 04:05:39 PM »
ok when my video card died I unloaded AH3-but I should be getting another one tomorrow or Saturday. do I need to do anything special when I download AH3 again?
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline BAD1051

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
when my download started...I stopped it to check my internet speed (my speed was fine) then i restarted/continued download and it went by fast.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 08:41:31 PM »
Download took about an hour, started quick but slowed way down. Install went well until I hit the stdshapes file and again slowed way down, almost an hour.

On the other hand, as a test, I downloaded the full version from the site. Downloaded in 5 minutes. Install rolled right along until it hit the stdshapes file and it died again, 25 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:00:01 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »
After about an hour of playing, spawned in a wirble and as I was driving out of the hanger. The voice message of our feilds are being attacked started and the first half gave a screen freeze then picked up finishing clean at the last half of the message. Another 30 min of playing and no screen freezes nor anymore automated messages.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 01:46:35 AM »
ok when my video card died I unloaded AH3-but I should be getting another one tomorrow or Saturday. do I need to do anything special when I download AH3 again?
Hope you saved your "Settings older"...but pretty sure it wont be a problem..Being NEW install...you will need to reset all controls to the way you had them set. Only difference I found, was the Gun Sights set back to default....
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 06:03:41 AM »

If you still have the game installed, you can simply run it and it will update itself, or download the full install of the game and install over the top of your existing installation.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BHawk51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 06:47:39 AM »
My download was showing almost 4 hours so I checked my internet speed which was fine (211/11). Tried to continue download and still slow so I cancelled it and started over. It downloaded in less than a minute.

So far no issues.

Bhawk

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 07:02:50 AM »
Hope you saved your "Settings older"...but pretty sure it wont be a problem..Being NEW install...you will need to reset all controls to the way you had them set. Only difference I found, was the Gun Sights set back to default....

My gunsights were also set back to default.
No issues other than that.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »
what I'm saying is I had to unload the game when I reset my computer to factory specs.
so should I or will I have any problems downloading the game or is there something special I need to do?
it will be like I'm down loading for the 1st time-with my internet it takes about 4 to 5 hrs to download the game.

758 kilabits.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 08:54:01 AM »
Lunatic, if you've reset your computer to factory specs, there's a ton of Windows updates after that, maybe also some driver updates from the manufacturer using their updater. Aside of those there's nothing special you'd have to do before downloading AH.

If you're downloading this very Test version, there's been issues with downloading the stdshapes.res file in the lower progression bar.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 10:01:43 AM »
lol it was like 200 updates

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 11:36:42 AM »
My gunsights were also set back to default.
No issues other than that.

Coogan

same here
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76