Author Topic: Announcing a new special-event series: Target for Today  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Announcing a new special-event series: Target for Today
« on: November 15, 2018, 12:28:48 AM »
Hello, all.  :aok

The CM team is pleased to announce that we are promoting the 12-hour events into their own series called "Target for Today," named in honor of the first one.

The format of these events is to have a battle, based on a historical battle (or occasionally a "what if" style), with defined plane sets, objectives, and scoring, that runs over a 12-hour period.  Pilots can fly in the battle at any times during that 12-hour period they choose.

Target for Today is planned to run at least two events in 2019 and three per year thereafter.  The tentative plan is for a Target for Today in January, 2019.

Scenarios will continue to be an event series as well, running the traditional format of 4 frames over 4 weeks, running in February, June, and October each year.

The reason for making Target for Today and Scenarios each their own event series is so that each can have its own team, each specializing in its particular needs for production and administration.

There have been three Target for Today-style events so far:
Target for Today (May, 2015)
Tunisia (October, 2016)
The Hardest Day (August, 2017)

I'm greatly looking forward to flying with you in upcoming Target for Todays!  :aok
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:36:19 AM by Brooke »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Announcing a new special-event series: Target for Today
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 12:30:03 AM »
Coming soon will be more information on the upcoming Target for Today, tentatively planned for January, 2019.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
Coming soon will be more information on the upcoming Target for Today, tentatively planned for January, 2019.

January???!!!

Its November 15th!!!!!!!

Although I am one of the biggest fans of the 12 scenario....here we are once again not even going to be close to team building until a month out from the start date of this scenario or whatever yall are going to call them...

I know for a fact that there are others like me that read these 2 posts and did a huge face palm....

Now don't get me wrong...I, of course, appreciate everything that the CM team does and blah blah blah but come on!!!!!

Now that the baby is here, I'm back in the scenario gig...I am calling 1 Axis fighter squadron for this event....depending on who takes Axis CO and what the setup is...(my guess is it will be Malta or something close to Italy  :noid :noid :noid ) I will offer my services as XO...

As of now, we are 46 days out from Jan 1st...with Thanksgiving and Christmas sprinkled in there for maximum disruption effect of getting a leadership team setup and on top of all this....we still don't know the setup or all the voting processes that will be introduced to figure out what the setup is....

Anyway....Rant over...count me in... :bolt:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
I know for a fact that there are others like me that read these 2 posts and did a huge face palm....

<raises hand>
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 01:05:30 PM »
The Pigs will man a Allied Fighter squadron for a 12 hour event. I'll be glad to pull GL duties for side CO.

See you up there,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 01:39:53 PM »
Looks like fun to me!    :banana: :banana:

Thank you Brooke, Ditto, puller & waystin  and whoever else  helps organize and participates!    :salute :salute

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »
I am sure that KN, leadership in question at this juncture, will field and squad of Axis fighters.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »
Two months of prep time is plenty.

This will probably run 2nd weekend in January, but not sure yet.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 06:01:11 AM »
My 2 cents about the announcement until the event starts. Last time there was to much time. The Hype was over for the event when we still had 1 month to go, i as XO had all the plans ready for frame 1 and was twisting thumbs for that month. Though it seems a bit fast January but if its late January we still have 2,5 months for planning and building teams. I think we will be fine.

I am very interested at what the theater will be :devil

(The most i can do is being a GL since i will start a new job that month. PS: BFOOT1 if you read this i want you to be my XO, reliving some Battle of Britain nostalgia!!! :cheers:)

DutchVII
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:06:11 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 06:30:16 AM »
Forget "Up to eleven", also phrased as "these go to eleven", time to turn it up to 12 hehehehe.  :rock
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W