Author Topic: Message board gone  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
Message board gone
« on: April 24, 2018, 10:30:16 AM »
Hi guys,

its probably a simple thing - but I lost my message board in VR! I canīt read what people type on the radio or the HOST system messages. I can see it fine in 2D, but whenever I put my headset on (Oculus Rift) and go VR, it is nowhere to be seen.

The only key relevant to the message board seems to be the tilde key, it is resizing it. But I canīt get it into view at all...

Any ideas?

Thanks, Litjan

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Message board gone
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
Go into your settings folder and rename/delete everything VR - it should reset the default views. Or do it one by one (i.e. rename to .bak or similar).
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »
Thanks for the help - I figured it out, though! There was this very thin line floating in clear air over my cockpit...turns out that this was the last remaining part of the message board. Grabbed it with the "mouse-ball" and enlarged/repositioned it.

Cheers, Litjan

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 01:26:19 PM »
Thanks for the help - I figured it out, though! There was this very thin line floating in clear air over my cockpit...turns out that this was the last remaining part of the message board. Grabbed it with the "mouse-ball" and enlarged/repositioned it.

Cheers, Litjan
:rofl YEP! Its happened before! It can also be A Real thin line, running along a beam in the tower ceiling. FYI just in case it creeps away again. :D
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 03:37:10 PM »
Yep!  I lost the message bar once!  FML I spent a good half-hour looking for it too!  I ended up deleting the settings file for it and re-did my setup...  :rolleyes:
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 08:03:53 AM »
I just flew for the first time in a while and did notice that my message box was missing and remembered this post and found it on the ceiling so thanks for posting about it  :salute
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 10:59:15 PM »
Is there a way to decrease the font size?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 01:49:05 AM »
Try Video Setting when you first start the game. Same one used to set field of view. Three font settings.
Then there's the icon font size in the GUI settings under Preferences.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 09:54:05 AM »
It won't let me change the font size. Any idea why? The text is obnoxiously large

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 12:13:40 PM »
I've lost the message window a few times, it was after removing the headset and the game went to the monitor.  Every once in a while the map window gets moved, very annoying.   :headscratch:
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?