« on: November 27, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »
Has anyone heard from him recently?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Re: Colmbo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »
Not gone yet but it has been a challenge.

I had decided to do the Hospice thing but as I got deeper into they have some policies that are not right for me just yet.  Hospice is just for "comfort" at the end, you get pain meds, etc. but no diagnostic or curative care.

In late summer I had a morphine pump stuffed under my left flank, it has a catheter that puts a tiny dose of medication along the spine and does a good job of keeping things under control.  It isn't something you get high using, it is a very small constant dose and if need be I can do a "bolus" dose.   Hospice considers that as curative care and want me to use oral meds with high risks of addiction, sedation, constipation.  WTF?!

I really need to go flying....

We're just going to deal with this ourselves...what could possibly go wrong?  :eek:

Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:47:00 PM »
Good to hear from you bud!  Sorry for the tough time you’re going through.  If only we were a bit closer distance wise, I’d take you flying.   :salute
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:11:56 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »
Keep up the good fight, Columbo.   :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »
Columbo.makes no sense to me to change to oral from the pump but I wouldnt worry about addiction..... If you are on the med for more than a couple of days,a week at most you will become dependent and can experience withdrawals if you stop.That said at this point why worry about that????  Constipation,well that's another matter and it can be mitigated fairly easy,wonder how I know,been on morphine since the early 90's!  One of the safest drugs known,if you use it correctly.

Almost every day my wife has to ask me if I took my meds so I would say I dont have an issue with addiction but my body is dependent so if I go more than 12 to 15 hours without taking it I will have withdrawals symptoms.I take a slow release oral med,I have some small fast acting stuff in case I forget to take it on time and have a problem as the slow release stuff takes about 2 hours to start working and trust me 2 hours of withdrawals is about 10 hours too much... :devil

Did you look into what I suggested?

Keep up the fight,your in my thoughts daily! :pray

:salute

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:03 PM »
Good to hear from you bud!  Sorry for the tough time you’re going through.  If only we were a bit closer distance wise, I’d take you flying.   :salute
+1 on that mate Colombo. I’m up here in cowtown (Texas North). I’d get you inside our Lancaster we just restored up here. :salute
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 03:53:04 PM »
 :frown:
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 04:11:48 PM »
+1 on that mate Colombo. I’m up here in cowtown (Texas North). I’d get you inside our Lancaster we just restored up here. :salute

:O :headscratch:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 04:34:01 PM »
Don't give up the ghost just yet Colmbo.  Try something called "active hexose correlated compound".  It stimulates immune system activity and made widespread news when it cured HPV in many patients back in 2014 or 2015.  Check it out on Amazon, makes for an interesting read on the comments section at least.  Basically it's a 5000 dalton (weight) sugar that for some reason stimulates innate immunity.
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 07:06:10 PM »
Oh we haven't stopped looking.  I'll have to read the article but I think I was reading about that just yesterday at the Oncology officer.

This morning was delayed when the 7.0 earthquake rumpled through and knocked the light, water and heat out for 6 hours! :)  Things mostly back to normal now but lots of damage.  Bridge down, roads collapsed, etc. It is great to have friends that lend a hand.  It only took Bobbi about 2 minutes to pack everything.....it'll be weeks before we find it all again.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 07:40:50 AM »
 :pray :pray

I've beaten Big C twice.

It aint over till it's over.

:pray :pray

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 06:38:47 PM »
Columbo - was thinking about you today. Hope all is well.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 07:24:14 PM »
Still here, just not much to say. 

The liver decided to join in, quite vocal it is.  I'll start radiation next Monday on either the liver, left axilla nodes or perhaps both.  They say reducing the liver size can help reduce pain by taking the pressure off the liver capsule, not a big help in the cancer fight but at least ease the pain.

Columbo

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »
Thinkin' 'bout ya. (I can't put into words those thoughts 'cept .... I want you alive and happy and ..... around.)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »
Still here, just not much to say. 

The liver decided to join in, quite vocal it is.  I'll start radiation next Monday on either the liver, left axilla nodes or perhaps both.  They say reducing the liver size can help reduce pain by taking the pressure off the liver capsule, not a big help in the cancer fight but at least ease the pain.

I'll tell you like I told my Father-in-law when he told me all the tools, guns, and other things he has willed me......... that's all fine but I'd much rather have you around a whole lot longer.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone here that we would rather you be happy, healthy, and here for a long long time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)