Author Topic: MY IR stops working  (Read 755 times)

Offline Vaderdog1

• Zinc Member
MY IR stops working
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:33:22 PM »
Hi,

My IR now just stops and non responsive.  I have not changed anything. I can log off and come back in and it works but eventually just stops again.  Any thoughts on why this keeps happening??

Thanks

Vader1

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
Re: MY IR stops working
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:43:59 PM »
IR stands for what in this case?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 05:34:38 PM »
Check the power setting on your USB ports, make sure they are set for performance not power savings.

Try a powered USB hub if you have a lot of devices on the port.

Check the camera position and tracking.

Offline 2Dizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 10:27:03 AM »
Hey,

Had a similar problem, which was related to using Trackir in combination with the use of a Saitek stick (x52 pro). The programming software and button-use, conflicted with Trackir.
Couldn’t find a clear solution, so kicked out the Saitekprogramming. Problem solved. Unelegantly, I admit. 😉
About Trackir, its know that using TIR on an USB powerhub causes problems. It needs a direct USB port. Info from the Trackir site/Naturalpoint.
Hope you can fix the problem.

2DIZZY

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »
FWIW mine is on a powered hub. All energy mgmt is shut off. TIR works perfectly 99% of the time. When it does screw up its always at the beginning of a session of AH. What seems to happen is the TIR software loses track of AH. It's still tracking fine but isn't working in the game out of nowhere. The right light indicating connection with a supported game just goes out. Always a few minutes in. Usually as I'm sitting in the tower before the start of a frame of FSO. I have to close out and restart AH at which point TIR will pick up AH and work flawlessly from that point for hours after I've left that arena and gone to fly in the MA.

Been happening for prolly years. Dunno why it screws up like it does consistently and then works perfectly like it does consistently! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 01:58:11 AM »
Do you still get the TIR ON LIGHT and COMPATIBLE GAME LIGHT on? Could be a ambient light issue. This has happened to me...get it working fine, then rearrange stuff :bhead TIR was almost useless. I had to go into advanced settings in TIR and adjust the "Lighting sensitivity" (something like that anyway). Reflective surfaces and light from windows can play hell with TIR tracking.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain