Author Topic: Initial 2018 TOC information  (Read 5058 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Initial 2018 TOC information
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 11:52:02 PM »
For transparency:

TC made it known today that he will target a certain player.  The CM agreed that they knew who that player was.  I think we all do.

I challenged that stance as I do not believe it is in the spirit of the event.  I was muted by the Mod.  I spoke up again and was muted again.

You guys can not claim the moral high ground and then openly admit that you will hunt a player in KOTH.  You can mute me all you like, and you probably will, however my moral compass stays true.  To the mod today, you were wrong to mute me, take a look at the logs, I was calm and presented a measured argument against a stated violation of the intent of KOTH.  If you mute those that stand up for right.....well you know where that leads.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 12:10:50 AM »
lol got muted for 2 hours now.  Really?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2019, 12:46:42 AM »
Really? Where the hell was you, when me and Jumbo was discussing this? You must be Jumbo!

What's up with that?

Seriously

TC

BTW, CrazyMan who was on his first solo-run as a KOTH CM, sitting in.... Is not a new KOTH CM, to my knowledge, but was going through his check-off/ride event to get qualified.... As far as any of us might know...only Bruv119 and now fuzeman are KOTH CM host.....

BTW, who am I supposed to be referring to, since I never said/posted a gameid..... For all anybody knows I might have been talking about Rud3boi or Vinkman or Violator....

I will say this, I might be disabled, flying about 50 % of what I once could, but I still got game, and tomorrow at 4pm EST I am going to do my best to take all of you down....probably won't happen, but I am going to try for a first time in my life....

Eat crow

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 12:57:17 AM »
Yep, flying today as Jumbo.  I find the abuse I get in this game detracts from my fun.  Ask Vulcan how he feels about racial abuse.  Next week I will be a different name  all good.

Both you and Crazyman agreed who you were talking about.  You do not have to state it to know it.  I know it, You  know it and He knew it.  Do you need the transcript?

The problem for me is not only that you intend to breach the code of honour ( I am assuming one exists) but that you would openly state it.  Add to that, I was the one that was muted for saying that was wrong.  You were not muted.  Mod your buddy?

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 01:38:35 AM »
Yep, flying today as Jumbo.  I find the abuse I get in this game detracts from my fun.  Ask Vulcan how he feels about racial abuse.  Next week I will be a different name  all good.

Both you and Crazyman agreed who you were talking about.  You do not have to state it to know it.  I know it, You  know it and He knew it.  Do you need the transcript?

The problem for me is not only that you intend to breach the code of honour ( I am assuming one exists) but that you would openly state it.  Add to that, I was the one that was muted for saying that was wrong.  You were not muted.  Mod your buddy?

you openly stating and acknowledge that I never knew you was even in the game or talking to Fess67, is good enough for me... I only talked to Jumbo , well, actually tried to answer his questions...

I did say  I was going after someone, but I never typed a gameid, whether it be Rud3boi, Violator or even Vinkman who I have actually called out and said I was going to go after 1st every round in this same dang forum....

I don't know or am not sure why you got muted, maybe whoever the Mod was, thought you kept trying to flamebait me...heck if i know... I thought I was talking to Jumbo, who came back and said he got muted and he posted his displeasure on these boards...that is how I pt 2 & 2 together...

Fess you know, personally, I told you how I felt many years ago and even was glad HTC let you back in, because I Felt you was done wrong.... I am actually sad to find out you have been flying as Jumbo...

Vulcan is my FSO Squaddie, and he and I never have had any indifference that I know of... kind of funny really that you would even bring Vulcan's name up.... he doesn't and has never bothered with this event....

So you actually have me a bit perplexed... I always thought of both Jumbo and Fess67 as good people..... but now it just hit me, I have mistaken Jumbo for Jimbo of the 71st ( yep, that is what Scotch does for someone ) so my bad on mixing you and Jimbo up...

and post all the videos, screenshots of text you want, if you think you can prove any point.... I've been playing these games for nearly 30+ yrs, and I know when to STFU... I hate to put it that bluntly, but I also hate when someone tries to corner me, because I don't back down for/from no one, including the Owner of this game... I think I have proven that over all these years..... I don't cross those lines.......if I do, I try to quickly to correct it...

God Be With You

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 03:05:08 AM »
Jumbo was a name I created today.  I have flown under a number of names since I quit flying as FESS.  I involved Vulcan as he was the instigator of me choosing to fly under different names.  Seems he believes abusing me based on my country of birth is ok and I was not ok with that.  Flying as a hider allows me to just play without abuse.  That does not mean I will not come out of hiding if I see something wrong.

As far as today goes.  All I said was it was wrong that you and the CM openly discuss targeting a particular player in the upcoming KOTH.  I stand by that.

The mod told me to calm down and muted me. Nothing  I said was out of order.  You were free to have your opinion unrestricted by the mod.  Like I said, it is what it is.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 03:37:27 AM »
Fess/jumbo

I also said that every pilot has their own agenda during the KOTH fights and TOC tournament during the the chats with TC on open channel and who knows who a y pilots agenda is except to win the TOC 2018 title. Any pilot fighting In the tournament may be gunning for people during the fights as long  as the Rules are followed.
I do not know why you got muted at all after I landed my 29s I logged for the night cause I could not sit anymore due to unbearable pain and the rate I am going  now with no sleep for almost 2 days I will be sleeping all day.
So will not even. See the TOC
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 04:04:51 AM »
In KOTH .wingman is available,  normally to facilitate the finding and ganging of wabbits that can end the longevity of the event.

if you do not like a certain player you can position yourself near to them within the rules and be their 1st fight.  Eliminating the biggest threat to the round is best practice.

Co-ordinated winging or use of 3rd party vox by squaddies or friends to select and manipulate rounds however IS against the rules and near impossible to police.   Regular players can see right through it though as it is obvious to anyone with half a brain what is going on.  I also take a very dim view of anyone using "hiders" or shades and pretending to be new players.  It's like lionel messi showing up with a wig at a football match.   Far more unsporting than saying hey you im taking you down.  IMO. 

:salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 12:08:29 PM »
Bruv, you and I have battled many times over the years and I knowing how great you are as a dogfighter, I have gone after you plenty of times 1st, probably lost most but have won some too...

And you know that I am one of the first to hound other excellent players and am normally the first one to the Wabbit(s)

Fess, I don't know anything about what happened regarding where you're born and stuff and/or what might have happened between you and Vulcan.... Hate that you feel you have to fly/play under a different name, but can relate to it as far as wanting to fly and play the game, so I have flown under many different gameid's just to not be asked to go to the TA...when all I wanted to do was have some "me" time, without distractions....but I don't think I have used a "shade account in nearly 6 to 7 or more years ago

Heck, if you want to, look at the past 10 years of my flying time for each tour, you will see that I have seldomly even shown up in the MA....for reasons just like last night....i was wanting to play AH3 and have fun, but you (as Jumbo) from what the text buffer shows on my film, injected yourself into a conversation that CrazyMan started with me, asking if I was ready for the TOC....the text buffer kinda shows that you were trying to get me into a flamebaiting argument, but I just wouldn't take the bait and this complete mess ruined last night for me, so I logged

No matter, and no worries

Just hope you are able to play AH3 without any problems or feeling others are being abusive towards you....

Cheers

TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 12:29:35 PM »
Upon further review, going with  :blank:

Anyway we have a TOC in 150 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:59:38 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2019, 12:39:06 PM »
Anyway we have a TOC in 150 minutes.

Imagine how I feel like right now after drinking scotch during FSO and then the MA afterwards....

Am regretting every bit of it as I'm trying to get my head to stop pounding......o'brother....

This is going to be epic fail for me, me thinks....lol

TC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2019, 09:41:06 PM »
Honestly who cares if someone targets another player?

Pretty sure I’ve been targeted numerous times by many different people on purpose, but you don’t see me coming in and whining about it.  :aok

Be happy daddy went on vacation yesterday and couldn’t win this event.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »
OK let me be the last post in here  :D
Otherwise I'll have 'The Man' close it and when I have any contact with him it reminds him of mayonnaise and the rest of his day is just crap, not to mention he tries to take the rest of the day off with severe pain in the lower right abdomen.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 12:51:57 AM »
Rgr. Understood.  It is ok for you guys to collaborate and plan to target a player but for others that is not allowed.  Understood.

Have fun and prosper.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 09:43:14 AM »
Rgr. Understood.  It is ok for you guys to collaborate and plan to target a player but for others that is not allowed.  Understood.

Have fun and prosper.

Sure would like to have a film of that whole conversation to see both sides and what was actually said. I'm almost at the point where when anyone says they saw, heard, filmed, whatever in the Melee or anyplace about KOTH I give it a low confidence level. Not because I don't trust the source but it seems very difficult to get the whole story from 1 side.

May I ask Fess / jumbo  when was the last time you flew in a KOTH?

2018 is over, last years TOC is over; but lets keep that deceased equus ferus tied to the Whipping post.    { Allman Brothers !!! }  :rock
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:43:56 AM by fuzeman »