Author Topic: Mouse keeps getting disabled in AH w/ VR  (Read 796 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Mouse keeps getting disabled in AH w/ VR
« on: December 16, 2018, 11:39:32 AM »
Sometimes I accidentally tab out of AH while flying in VR. when I get back in, my mouse is disabled. Any idea how to get it back into AH? it seems to be stuck in a different window.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Mouse keeps getting disabled in AH w/ VR
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 07:07:02 PM »
Sometimes I accidentally tab out of AH while flying in VR. when I get back in, my mouse is disabled. Any idea how to get it back into AH? it seems to be stuck in a different window.
Not having clipboard up can cause mouse issue. Could that be it? Thats only time I notice the mouse, go to move and click on something and turret moves or gun fires :eek: More than 1 or 2 open windows can cause it sometimes. Almost like tabbing back in puts AH on screen but mouse is still on desktop. I just tab out and use mouse to click AH window. Figured that out when music was in dif window. Clicked on Hanger and music paused :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »
It don't just happen to those with VR

But as 1stpar3 posted bringing up the clipboard has always brought the mouse icon to the game screen for me personally

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:45:04 AM »
IIRC there's some key combination to activate the mouse outside the Clipboard but I can't remember it. Ctrl + H maybe???
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 03:09:23 AM »
IIRC there's some key combination to activate the mouse outside the Clipboard but I can't remember it. Ctrl + H maybe???

Seems like there was a command in the past, like you, I have forgotten what it was or is, if it is still available...

Looking through the AH website Help/all sub categories, I was unable to find it....

I have not checked the New Trainers website or AHWiki yet though...

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »
There should be a flashing message at the top of the screen displaying what the command is to toggle mouse control.  Mine is set as the H key, but I dont think thats default.

But I dont think this is his problem.  Maybe try tabbing out a few more times until it works?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:07:08 PM by Lazerr »

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
Well the game makes a soubd when i try to click but nothing happens. So it appears it recognizes the mouse but just ignires it... strange

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 12:19:56 AM »
Update for anyone else who has this issue. I've found that launching an from the mixed reality portal has been more stable than from the desktop and less likely for the mouse to go away. Also sometimes toggling the windows key+y sometimes gets it back.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 01:29:08 AM »
Update for anyone else who has this issue. I've found that launching an from the mixed reality portal has been more stable than from the desktop and less likely for the mouse to go away. Also sometimes toggling the windows key+y sometimes gets it back.
That's interesting since Winkey + y is for switching input between Windows Mixed Reality and your desktop.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni