Author Topic: Attracting more players in the main arena or what ever it's called today.  (Read 31212 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Attracting more players in the main arena or what ever it's called today.
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2019, 01:58:55 PM »
And maybe only subscribers get scores and stats recorded.

And maybe only subscribers can use rearm pad.

And maybe only subscribers can use GV resupply.

And maybe only subscribers get access to skins.

And maybe only subscribers get access to scenarios.

And maybe only subscribers can be added to squads.

And maybe only subscribers get to xmit on vox and text.  They can listen and read but not xmit.

A lot of ways to incentivize.   :D

If you don't care to have your points recorded, about the only thing there that IMO is meaningful is access to scenarios/FSO.  The rest is of questionable importance/can be solved by discord.

GV supply for subscribers only would be a necessity.  Otherwise there'd be a ton of 2 boxing going on I'd bet.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2019, 02:13:53 PM »
The rest is of questionable importance/can be solved by discord.

I think you underestimate the leverage of reserving text and vox to subscribers.  Look how ape-sh*t everyone went when they were denied chan 200 for a week.  :D
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2019, 02:30:39 PM »
New players would absolutely need to be able to xmit on text and vox to get help from other players.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2019, 02:34:30 PM »
New players would absolutely need to be able to xmit on text and vox to get help from other players.

Good point.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2019, 03:01:57 PM »
Mea Culpa.  I'm just as guilty.   :D

It's people like you who destroyed AH by giving players like me a feeling of shame and guilt  :P   :banana:  :airplane:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2019, 03:11:04 PM »
We already have a bunch of subscribers who don't rearm, survive long enough for supplies, don't use skins, don't go to scenarios, don't belong to squads and maybe text once in awhile. And we have members of squads who do the same. Then if you limit a free player in the MA to garbage rides, do they upgrade one ride at a time with micro transactions until $14.95 seems cheap in the face of $$x120 rides over time? One year of AH3 = $180 so then is he selling AH3 at $180 one time and no more revenue? Split 120 rides up over $180 or a buck fifty per ride. Even add in skins and it still does not meet a monthly income because there are just so few micro aspects in our game to transact. Does Hitech have a free night a week to try all the rides they are missing? Then they just arrange their week of other FtP games around that night through Discord.

How does Hitech get people to stay versus challenge them to game his largess to see how free they can always play his game? Yes and everyone means well and will play nice becasue Hitech is a good guy while our community will guide them to be good citizens.......brings a tear to your eye don't it.... :rolleyes:

Most of our ideas are the business models from other games which Hitech is well aware of becasue he is a business owner in the Egame industry. Our general ideas sound too much like players trying to help Hitech give them friends by giving away his business.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2019, 03:16:11 PM »
And maybe only subscribers get scores and stats recorded.

And maybe only subscribers can use rearm pad.

And maybe only subscribers can use GV resupply.

And maybe only subscribers get access to skins.

And maybe only subscribers get access to scenarios.

And maybe only subscribers can be added to squads.

And maybe only subscribers get to xmit on vox and text.  They can listen and read but not xmit.

A lot of ways to incentivize.   :D

None of that would have irked me but the stats. But even that would have probably been worth the saved 15$. I already kept my own bomber stats apart from the game since 2012, I probably would have come up with something similar for the other modes.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2019, 03:46:44 PM »
None of that would have irked me but the stats. But even that would have probably been worth the saved 15$. I already kept my own bomber stats apart from the game since 2012, I probably would have come up with something similar for the other modes.  :)

In my opinion, that would be ok.  You'd be working off your access in other ways. 

Your helping to fill up a server so paying customers don't get the impression the game is collapsing.

The limited plane set means you'd be adding variety to the arena by flying planes that don't get much use by paying customers by choice.

Every day you play the game instead of uninstalling, is another day they have to convince you to convert to subscription.

Even if you don't convert, every free player is a walking advertisement to tell other people about the game.  Some of them might convert.

Other things could be done like throttle available free-access openings depending on time or server population.  Maybe less free slot during US prime.  That could be used to smooth out population variances between US and EU prime-times.  Or even US prime-time vs US off-hours.

:salute

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2019, 04:02:38 PM »
we all agree that players are leaving. why they are leaving is pretty irrelevant, unless it's some major game flaw, which AH doesn't really have.

I think the way field capture works is a major flaw. It works instantaneous with a kind of time limit by rebuild, and that way favors a quick take and not fights. In the past this was concealed by large player numbers.

Another flaw is how forward spawns work. Fights don't move the fronts, but happen at the towns of two adjacent fields at the same time. No map layout seems to be possible to avoid this (except possible extreme cases that would violate half of the MA map rules).

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2019, 04:09:31 PM »
It's people like you who destroyed AH by giving players like me a feeling of shame and guilt  :P   :banana:  :airplane:

"Choose the form of the Destructor"

- Look out - It's a giant blanket!  With sleeves!  :devil
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »
Let's paint everything white and give everyone the same name.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2019, 05:12:02 PM »
So if the MA is free and thats the only place we fly do the rest of us get a refund?

NO, but you as a subscriber get to fly anything you want, the free account is limited to one or two planes. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2019, 05:15:10 PM »
  AH for me is a time commitment. When I don't have an hour or so to play I will just up a tank in WOT for some quick fun. I think WO-pacific may attract some to AH that want more.

What makes you think HTC will continue to support AH3?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2019, 08:27:31 PM »
What makes you think HTC will continue to support AH3?

What makes you think he won't?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2019, 08:56:37 PM »
What makes you think he won't?

I believe it will be "status quo" for now until they decide if the "War Online " series is worth the effort. I highly doubt you will see ANY work done on AH other than bug fixes, if that, depending on the bug.

AH will take a back seat to the new game for awhile. 3-6 months to see if there is interest in War Online, if there is , you may see other versions come out ... Europe, Eastern front, and so on. Figure a month to setup each, another 3-6 months to see if it warrents a new addition.

I dont hold anything against HTC for expanding their business model, but I dont think it bodes well for AH. I think, being a small company, HTC will be busy putting all of their time and energy into making the new game work. Should the new series of games prove to be a good money maker I dont see ANY time or effort being put into AH. HTC has NEVER been big on making changes in AH. Small changes here and there, but for now I dont see anything coming along to work on tweaking game play, or adding new players to AH. AH will limp along until HTC decides not to bother hosting it any more. Should the new series do well it may be sooner than later.