Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 36441 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2019, 10:52:00 AM »
I admit it took me a while to figure out how to buy allied planes, I complained on range or whatever the vox is called and somebody asked me if I knew how to buy planes. The problem I had was I didn't have the box for allied planes checked. Or something like that. It doesn't take much, just ten AI kills to get a wildcat, and the FM2 isn't too hard to get once you have that. Personally, maybe because of the fighting style, the constant spawning enemies or something but base model zero seems to be the easiest plane to get kills in period.

The free for all/country thing is unexplained so it isn't clear whether or not killing the purple people is ok or not. In my opinion everybody should be red with maybe something to indicate that it is a person not an AI. The flag that humans get on their icon kind of ads to the confusion as to whether you are supposed to be shooting at "foreigners" or everybody.

I don't know if the AI gets bettter the more you play but the dive bombers are becoming ridiculous.

I think its fun, I wish you could land, the AI seems to get landings.

I see that you started adding AI in the Match Play if you spawn out on a runway heading. They seem to take a long coffee break between launching and It might be nice to have more than one at a time, I'm also not sure why the WW1 planes are in rotation likewise the Mossie Bomber.

TLDR: Maybe a little work on the UI so people know what is going on and more obviously how to upgrade planes, Maybe start with the f4f instead of the P40.

I've tried to buy planes but it's not working for me. I click the button and it lights up but nothing happens.

Edit: I did some testing and I can buy planes but not when I'm in VR.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:17:40 AM by FLS »

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2019, 10:41:52 PM »
Wouldn't it have been easier to just make AH3 into a 2 sided war, with coded balancing of players per side?  :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2019, 12:00:09 AM »
Wouldn't it have been easier to just make AH3 into a 2 sided war, with coded balancing of players per side?  :salute

that's exactly what he did.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »
Don’t ask sensible questions please.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2019, 12:08:48 AM »
 :rofl Yup...that will get you booted :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2019, 12:23:05 AM »

Maybe an orange & blue arena would have worked.  (oh wait, that did)  RIP Titanic Tuesday..  :salute

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »
flippz why are you and others so hardheaded-HiTech said NO dammit-so you'all give it up
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2019, 12:46:45 AM »
Expected to see the P-39 and P-38 to round out the USAAF portion of the US planeset.  Hopefully in a future update along with the Seafire.

when are you coming back?
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2019, 12:50:47 AM »
flippz why are you and others so hardheaded-HiTech said NO dammit-so you'all give it up

Because guys like flippz and Vraciu, with their vast experience in game design and development, know more than Hitech.  After all, they both frequently stay at Holiday Inn Express.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2019, 03:29:26 AM »
when are you coming back?

Hopefully soon, by summer if things continue to go well with my health.  Will probably also move back to San Diego in the summer to continue with helping take care of my parents.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »
Hopefully soon, by summer if things continue to go well with my health.  Will probably also move back to San Diego in the summer to continue with helping take care of my parents.
:aok Good to hear,Sir! 38's arent nearly as scary, these days :D I sort of miss ya :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain