Author Topic: New Game  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
New Game
« on: January 03, 2019, 06:09:32 PM »
I've been out of game for quite awhile.  Played WWII Sims for quite awhile.   Seems to me there is no where to go for people who enjoy the history of WWII combat.  HTC has to do what he thinks is best for his company.  It's a different generation of participants today.  We old history nuts are very few.  I like taking off, raising the gear etc.  That appears to be a thing of the past here.  What happens to Luftwaffe Squads?  For any Squads for that matter that preferred to emulate the squadrons of WWII? Events have dwindled down to a few loyal participants.  A shame.  Looks like time has passed for us "Old Coots".  Being dropped into the air I guess is fine for the younger generation.  I preferred taking off with an objective.  That seems to be gone also.

I do not miss the game as it stands now.  I will not even consider playing the new arcade game.  Not enough people interested in Events (scenarios etc.)  This reminds me why software development companies quit designing new boxed Sims such as European Air War, Jane's, Aces of the Pacific etc.  To much money for development and little if any return.  The end of combat flight sims of the  "old genre,' the ones with any hint of having some realism and based on history is apparent.  We are Dinosaurs, we are dwindling in number.  This genre has changed drastically, and not for the better for us older experienced participants.  We have been forced out.  Outmoded thinking on our part I guess.

HTC I do appreciate your work.  In the beginning Aces High was the best.  Unfortunately as time passes, so does society change.  Whatever is  "en vogue" is where the money is to be made I guess.

Good Luck with the new game.  I'm out, as I'm not missing what we had, (low numbers, no scenarios of any consequence, etc.) and I won't consider at all an Arcade style, the war of the pacific game.  And yes........I'm to be considered an old time flight sim snob!  :rofl

Have a Happy New Year all!  And as always, do what is fun for you.  Don't let anyone tell you how to play the game.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:17:19 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Online CAV

• Nickel Member
Re: New Game
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 07:24:26 PM »

Like you I am from the old school of flight Sims.............

More and more of my playing time is going to IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, on the FR multiplayer servers.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 01:04:01 AM »
I've been out of game for quite awhile.  Played WWII Sims for quite awhile.   Seems to me there is no where to go for people who enjoy the history of WWII combat.  HTC has to do what he thinks is best for his company.  It's a different generation of participants today.  We old history nuts are very few.  I like taking off, raising the gear etc.  That appears to be a thing of the past here.  What happens to Luftwaffe Squads?  For any Squads for that matter that preferred to emulate the squadrons of WWII? Events have dwindled down to a few loyal participants.  A shame.  Looks like time has passed for us "Old Coots".  Being dropped into the air I guess is fine for the younger generation.  I preferred taking off with an objective.  That seems to be gone also.

I do not miss the game as it stands now.  I will not even consider playing the new arcade game.  Not enough people interested in Events (scenarios etc.)  This reminds me why software development companies quit designing new boxed Sims such as European Air War, Jane's, Aces of the Pacific etc.  To much money for development and little if any return.  The end of combat flight sims of the  "old genre,' the ones with any hint of having some realism and based on history is apparent.  We are Dinosaurs, we are dwindling in number.  This genre has changed drastically, and not for the better for us older experienced participants.  We have been forced out.  Outmoded thinking on our part I guess.

HTC I do appreciate your work.  In the beginning Aces High was the best.  Unfortunately as time passes, so does society change.  Whatever is  "en vogue" is where the money is to be made I guess.

Good Luck with the new game.  I'm out, as I'm not missing what we had, (low numbers, no scenarios of any consequence, etc.) and I won't consider at all an Arcade style, the war of the pacific game.  And yes........I'm to be considered an old time flight sim snob!  :rofl

Have a Happy New Year all!  And as always, do what is fun for you.  Don't let anyone tell you how to play the game.

The funny thing is you have not been here and it shows.

Knowledge is your friend.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 03:30:34 AM »
When the number of historical or more historical events increases then people complain that they have no time to prepare and leave. When the number decreases then there are not enough events to justify the cost of the game and leave. When historical setting puts their side at an disadvantage they want conditions changed or they leave. When they can`t have the exact aircraft and model they want, they leave. When they have an enemy in front of them and see a hit, but the enemy does not explode then the guns don`t work because surely that was a 30mm hit and not MG and they leave. When they are out flown then the flight model is not correct. When the Allies start innovating and do not fly exactly like in WW2 so the Luftwaffe can`t use lessons learned in the war to change history they leave. When Luftwaffe can use their climb rate advantage and bounce on the enemy then the Allies leave. When something new that includes a competitive side comes out then everybody jumps on board because it is new and all feel like they have a chance but as the average level of participants increases more and more start leaving IMHO. So only thing that people need to understand is that people are different and sometimes you have to give some to receive some. Just play, have fun and give feedback.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 05:17:38 AM »
Two good ones coming up:

Target For Today, "Leyte 1944", running 12 hours on January 26.
P-47, P-38, F6F, B-25H, B-24 vs. Ki-84, N1K2, Ki-61, Ki-45/Bf110C, Ki-67 in the Philippines.
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/target-for-today/current-or-next

And Scenario "Nuisance Raids 1942", starting Feb 16, (writeup and registration to be posted soon).
Spit, Typhoon, Boston vs. 109, 190, Ju 88 in cross-Channel fights.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:41:13 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 06:53:03 AM »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!

OBX is still a dork  :devil

Happy New Year bud! :old:

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 07:06:53 AM »

This is becoming a pattern for you. If I had a dime for every time someone who doesn't fly Special Events said "special events lack players"...man I'd be rich.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 07:13:47 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:42:19 AM by Skuzzy »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 07:15:23 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:42:35 AM by Skuzzy »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 07:47:19 AM »
 :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 08:31:13 AM »
Like you I am from the old school of flight Sims.............

More and more of my playing time is going to IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, on the FR multiplayer servers.

CAV

I was off work for 2 weeks...I played AH quite a bit...I loved every minute of it....I never had to look for a fight...

Of the 4 or 5 days I played IL2...only 1 time did me and my squaddie ever find a real furball...1 time...the rest of the time I was picked from out of nowhere and never saw the contact and majority of my time was spent flying around enemy bases and attack points only to find nothing and crash into the ground out of frustration of no fights...I was on Wings of Liberty server

I'm so tired of hearing people on here cry because there isn't 400 people logged in....you know what...I have never NEVER seen more than 150 people logged into IL2 at one time...what am I missing...am I not playing in the middle of the night...is that when all these people play IL2???

I wish you crybags would just leave this forum instead of coming here and crying constantly
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 09:25:50 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:43:36 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 09:53:47 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:44:25 AM by Skuzzy »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 11:09:15 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:45:10 AM by Skuzzy »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11