Author Topic: new stick`  (Read 5649 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
new stick`
« on: January 15, 2019, 02:09:30 PM »
My old Saitek X52 is worn out. Some buttons not working anymore. Im in the merket for new. What is everyones fav setup for not a small fortune?

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Re: new stick`
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 03:30:58 PM »
On my second.  Lasting longer than the first.  And it's less expensive now: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-2960773-T16000M-Joystick-Black/dp/B01MQEDEEW?keywords=tm16000&qid=1547587724&sr=8-4&ref=sr_1_4

HONK!
Gooss

CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »
My old Saitek X52 is worn out. Some buttons not working anymore. Im in the merket for new. What is everyones fav setup for not a small fortune?

I bought another X52 to replace my original.   :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 06:28:32 PM »
VKB Gladiator MK2, and an X55 throttle..

Oh, and a USB Logitech Xbox controller for GV's..

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:49:41 PM by OldNitro »

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 10:21:17 PM »
I've been amazed at how long my CH fighterstick, Pro Throttle & Pro pedals have lasted, and still seemingly going strong.   Love them!    :airplane:

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:59 PM »
I like the t 16000 for the price. Biggest drawback is the button layout.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 12:06:58 AM »
I've been amazed at how long my CH fighterstick, Pro Throttle & Pro pedals have lasted, and still seemingly going strong.   Love them!    :airplane:

Same here. They have changed ownership now I heard.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 02:26:27 AM »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 05:58:00 AM »
Same here. They have changed ownership now I heard.

Yes, and the quality and support went down the tubes.  I cannot recommend CH any longer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 06:56:44 AM »
Yes, and the quality and support went down the tubes.  I cannot recommend CH any longer.

I cannot recommend any CH products controllers that are newer models, actually some of the models that were produced in that last year before CH products came under new ownership... If memory serves me right, that is approximately the time the quality came into question

I know I, personally, loaded up on the earlier made fightersticks / pro throttles and several pro rudder pedals...even had several of the earlier products produced after ownership switched hands, which most were OK, some were not worth messing with...

I know I have the series/serial number(s) filed away from the before and after CH products ownership change

Ack Ack is our resident community member that in my view is the most knowledgeable about CH products, he was CH products rep back in the mid 90's

I havent owned a Thrustmaster's T1600M stick / hotas etc, but do own the predecessor to the T1600/T1600M (which is basically identical to the T1600 and T1600M stick, it's just the stick only though)

I too, think and recommend the Thrustmaster's T1600M stick/throttle combination for new players and even existing players...if they are wanting to save money

For the diehard joystick/hotas longtime players that can afford it, I would recommend reading up on and researching the "VKB" line of controllers....which some/most are able to enterchange with thrustmaster base(s) of the Cougar/Warthog Thrustmaster's....if memory serves me right

Don't be discouraged from buying used CH products controllers if the price is right and they are in good condition or better....if they dont serve to your liking or comfort, you can always resell them

Hope this is helpful

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »
Something to consider also..

If you are acclimatized to the X52, logically you should stick with it..
It is a good control set, reliable, fully featured, very capable, reasonable cost, readily available!

I switched from an X52 to a Gladiator, but the 52 is my backup..
Problem with VKB, ya pay now and get on a waiting list, mine took 3mo to arrive..

And by staying with an X52, you don't have to 'learn a new stick'..

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 08:37:31 AM »
The older CH stuff is good stuff, but it appears you can no longer get parts for them, so keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:30:32 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 09:26:13 AM »
i would look else where than VKB.  I was a huge a supporter at first, but seems there guest relations and production of items have quickly declined to the point of obsolete. 

one gladiator I bought needed a hat switch.  was told by admin/owner he would send me one (me offering to pay).  after three emails and to pms on the board later had to buy 2nd stick.

second stick has sensors going bad (no fault of VKB I think, sticks are used in a very humid environment).  I try to contact for sensors, not even a reply this time of empty promises.

last febuary i pre-ordered the gladiator twist stick conversion for the MGC upgarde.  too date still not in production when eta of last may was given for production. 

just saying

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
What are y'alls thoughts on the warthog series? I almost bought the stick when it was $200 but decided not to since I don't have rudder pedals.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »
i would look else where than VKB.  I was a huge a supporter at first, but seems there guest relations and production of items have quickly declined to the point of obsolete. 

one gladiator I bought needed a hat switch.  was told by admin/owner he would send me one (me offering to pay).  after three emails and to pms on the board later had to buy 2nd stick.

second stick has sensors going bad (no fault of VKB I think, sticks are used in a very humid environment).  I try to contact for sensors, not even a reply this time of empty promises.

last febuary i pre-ordered the gladiator twist stick conversion for the MGC upgarde.  too date still not in production when eta of last may was given for production. 

just saying
And yet my Gunfighter/MCG-Pro stick is the best I've ever owned. Far and away the most expensive tho, and hopefully the last I'll need to buy. Granted it took several months after pre-order to get the gunfighter base and another 6 to get the grip but all together over a year in now and I haven't had a glitch. Seems pretty bullet proof. You must be brutal! That weenie plane you fly doesn't need all that!

I can't imagine one of these sensors going bad. They aren't pots like back in the olden days. Nothing touches anything so there's nothing to wear out. More likely one of the little wiring harnesses just breaking a connection. Having had my base apart a few times, my mechanic's eye tells me if there's a weak link in the system - - that's it. Lot of things stuffed into that little space inside of the grip, so the wiring is a bit tiny.

I'm in the US and their North America rep is always quick with a reply to email for whatever. Quick as in hours-- not days or weeks. Clearly the guy that handles the EU isn't all that and tends to go completely dark for months at a time from what I see on their forums. They also apparently have logistics problems getting product from the factory in China to the Netherlands where he's at. Things literally get there on a slow boat from China! So if you're in the EU, that is apparently what that is. All my stuff, once it was shipped, went by air from China to NYC and was at my door in about 5 days total.

So far other than the very high cost I have no complaints. Would buy their throttle if they'd just build the thing! <looks across the street at Virpil>

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group