Author Topic: January 2019 KOTH results  (Read 1342 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
January 2019 KOTH results
« on: January 20, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
Well it's 10 degrees out with a foot of snow.  Post KOTH results or go outside and shovel the driveway? Time to post KOTH results :)
Over all it was a very good KOTH, once the host figured out how many settings were completely wrong. Deja vu in a worst case scenario.
Quit your blabbering fuzeman and get on with it!!!

January A KOTH was the longest we've had in a while running just over two hours with 16 people flying at most. Wabbit status was wacky! We'd fly two rounds and get a wabbit, fly another two and get another one and so on until one reigned supreme. Congratulations and <S> to SirLoin for his first KOTH win! The P-47D11 was chosen for February's first ride. There were three wabbits going for the win in the final seventh round. We also had a few new KOTH players who seemed to enjoy the event so spread the word.

Results:
1) CAKEBOSS in a P-40N
2) CAKEBOSS in a Bf 109G-6   (Wabbit)
3) SirLoin in a P-39Q
4) SirLoin in a C.202   (Wabbit)
5) Rud3boi in a P-51B
6) Rud3boi in a Brewster B-239   (Wabbit)
7) SirLoin wins in a P-40N

Top 5 killers were SirLoin 15, Rud3boi 11, CAKEBOSS 9, Eagler + JeffN 6. CAKEBOSS, Rud3boi and SirLoin have TOC reservations.
Logs can be found  http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs .

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: January 2019 KOTH results
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 01:28:45 PM »
congrats sirloin! 

well done all that attended, sounds like good numbers and players giving it a go for the 1st time.

:cheers:   :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 10:30:48 PM »
Congrats on winning he 1st Bi-Monthly KOTH Event of 2019, SirLoin! 

I was so tired, that no sooner than I clicked shutdown on my computer screen, my head /body dozed off and smacked my left eye socket, eye brow area and left cheek on the corner edge/outter lip of my Desk....

When Dad woke me up around 4 AM this morning, he told me to go look in the mirror.....yep, I got a beauty of a swollen purple, black and yellow swollen black eye/ shiner..... and dang if it isn't painful...

was a pretty decent turn out for our 1st-monthly KOTH event of the year

Thanks to everyone who showed up <SALUTE>!

and thanks for taking your time, to host the KOTH events for the AH Community Members, fuzeman and Bruv119!  We truly appreciate  all y'all do!

:cheers:  &   :salute

TC  /  Johnny

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 02:07:56 AM »
Congrats on winning he 1st Bi-Monthly KOTH Event of 2019, SirLoin! 

I was so tired, that no sooner than I clicked shutdown on my computer screen, my head /body dozed off and smacked my left eye socket, eye brow area and left cheek on the corner edge/outter lip of my Desk....

When Dad woke me up around 4 AM this morning, he told me to go look in the mirror.....yep, I got a beauty of a swollen purple, black and yellow swollen black eye/ shiner..... and dang if it isn't painful...

was a pretty decent turn out for our 1st-monthly KOTH event of the year

Thanks to everyone who showed up <SALUTE>!

and thanks for taking your time, to host the KOTH events for the AH Community Members, fuzeman and Bruv119!  We truly appreciate  all y'all do!

:cheers:  &   :salute

TC  /  Johnny

Jeeze TC try to stay awake a little longer! Hate to see ur beating urself up like that! Glad there isn’t any permanent damage.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 09:41:13 PM »
I was worried I did something wrong on your fast exit TC. I didn't even have friendly collisions on!!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 11:11:36 AM »
January KOTH B had a reasonable turnout and we had 9 rounds and 3 wabbits going for victory.   :rock

TC managed to perservere and claim the win!  he chose the C-202 for next months 1st plane. 

Round by round results as follows;

[1] TC in a Spit-9
[2] Simon in a C-202
[3] moose1 in a F4U-1A
[4] TC in a P51-D (wabbit)
[5] hg428cj in a P47-D11
[6] s1id3r in a P47-D11
[7] s1id3r in a P40-N (wabbit)
[8] moose1 in a Yak-3 (wabbit)
[9] TC wins in a A6M5-b

Tournament of Champions invites will be reserved for TC, s1id3r and moose1.

Top 5 killers were;

Simon 9, moose1 6, TC 5, s1id3r 5, and hg428CJ 3.

Thanks to all for attending and we hope to see you all next month for some more dogfighting fun!

Logs can be viewed at   http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 06:27:59 AM »
Enjoyed the fights everyone...

When people ditch their torn up planes or out of gas etc....it skews the kill count for all participants! I had what would have been 3 more kills, ditch and exit to the Tower....i don't normally do this myself but after having it happen to me 3 times in the same KOTH event, I said the heck with it and purposely ditched one round myself.... I hope this was just a fluke and don't start becoming a common theme!

edit: forgot to mention, I hate that lazer couldn't stick around, the best move I was able to pulloff in any fight was against Lazer in the Spit IX round, when I saved enough E over  him to cause him to stall out right behind me and as he was turning/nosing downward,I knew I had my rudder pedals fixed properly when I was able to swing my Spit IX around and rack his entire fuselage as he passed right below me...that looks pretty sweet on film, I must say...  still fun fights all in all, though ~S~

Thanks for hosting Bruv, much appreciated Sir

~S~

TC
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:31:58 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »
I noticed that also and felt like I was talking to a wall whenever I mentioned it so I stopped mentioning it. Then again, that might have been in the way back when years.

<SNIP>
When people ditch their torn up planes or out of gas etc....it skews the kill count for all participants! I had what would have been 3 more kills, ditch and exit to the Tower....i don't normally do this myself but after having it happen to me 3 times in the same KOTH event, I said the heck with it and purposely ditched one round myself.... I hope this was just a fluke and don't start becoming a common theme!<SNIP>

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
I noticed that also and felt like I was talking to a wall whenever I mentioned it so I stopped mentioning it. Then again, that might have been in the way back when years.

I miss the days/years when ManeTMP, Jish65, Lute, moot, myself and others competed with one another trying to have the most KOTH kills through each year.... Those were some great times....but I also realize how much extra time and effort it took for you to keep it up, fuzeman. ~S~

TC