Author Topic: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc  (Read 17160 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2019, 09:56:09 AM »
Did you not get your copy of HiTech Trans in the mail after you subscribed?

HiTech

No!....

I'm thinking scuzzy got to it before it shipped out... I did receive a chunk of wool and a torn velcro glove...  :bolt:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2019, 03:50:13 PM »
Just took this screen shot moments ago:

Rooks lost more than half their fields and Bish/Nit combined lost one single field.  43 players vs 5 on two fronts.  This is your three sided arena balance.

One country gets tag teamed like Poland in 1939, because it is easy to have double the numbers (or a shipload more in this case) and steamroll bases.

But this is bad for the game.  People logged out, including me.  It's time for a rule to prevent this.

Make a limit on % of bases that you can have on one country vs the other.  Specifically, Country A can't take more than 10% of Country B than Country C.  Once Country A has 10% of B, they must take from Country C before nay more captures from B.

People love easy mode.  That will never change.  But you can't let this dogpiling go on without limits.

not anybody's fault the rooks didn't  show up. and if you try to force people to switch sides-they will quit...what it is people have no class in this game--they always look for the easy road.....................eny doesn't really work-because the side with the highest eny/most people on-will horde to make up for it.. 

like 20 people (no eny) take up late war planes and the country that their eny is thru the roof- will take up 30-35 high eny planes and horde -no eny people still lose.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »
not anybody's fault the rooks didn't  show up.

That response will solve everything!
  /sarcastic blue
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2019, 09:48:09 AM »
we already have a two side arena and hardly anybody goes there.  Ava administrators are cool enough to set it up almost anyway you want.  just prove there that a 2 side way works and see what happens.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2019, 10:38:34 AM »
we already have a two side arena and hardly anybody goes there.  Ava administrators are cool enough to set it up almost anyway you want.  just prove there that a 2 side way works and see what happens.

semp

Except that a two-sided AvA is not a two-sided MA.   :old:  That’s why nobody goes there.  :aok
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2019, 01:41:41 PM »

semp

Evidently they do not like the name. That or they want everyone to be forced to play two sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2019, 02:28:00 PM »
Nothing stops a player from playing 2-sided, as is. Spend half your time as a knight fighting rooks then switch to bish fighting rooks (or any combination you want fighting just one side).

Convince me otherwise.  :D (raises cup of coffee)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
Except that a two-sided AvA is not a two-sided MA.   :old:  That’s why nobody goes there.  :aok

would it be better if the change the name to 2 sided arena and ma to 3 side arena?

semp

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2019, 05:06:07 PM »
would it be better if the change the name to 2 sided arena and ma to 3 side arena?

semp

Nope.   Too many variables out there.  Your label only addresses ONE of them--and not the most important.   :D
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2019, 06:44:45 PM »
Nope.   Too many variables out there.  Your label only addresses ONE of them--and not the most important.   :D

then what exactly do you want?  and what makes you think that the 2 sided arena we have now, wont work?  what makes you think that in a 2 sided arena one side wont be constantly horded?  and most important, what makes you think that a 2 sided arena is what most players want?  after all the ava has been reconfigured several times with all planes available.

semp

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2019, 07:35:45 PM »
then what exactly do you want?  and what makes you think that the 2 sided arena we have now, wont work?

Which one are you referring to, the actual two-sided arena or the defacto one falsely referred to as having three sides?

what makes you think that in a 2 sided arena one side wont be constantly horded? 

Oh, ENY, my experience in WBs where we switched sides for balance, etc.  (This is such a straw man argument it reminds me of Chicken Little.)

In any case it beats what we have 90% of the time now which is either:

1) Two sides against one (a two-sided arena lol)

OR

2) Two sides against each other with the third ignored (a two-sided arena with a built-in offline mode minus the drones ha ha).

I would rather be hoarded than bored in any case.   

and most important, what makes you think that a 2 sided arena is what most players want?  after all the ava has been reconfigured several times with all planes available.

semp

Silly rabbit.   You still do not grasp what makes the AvA ANYTHING BUT the equivalent of the MA, no matter how many sides. 

The AvA is not an MA.   One side.  Two sides.   Ten sides.    The key to the riddle is comtained in the NAME. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:40:44 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2019, 08:01:58 PM »
The NAME! Oh, that!

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2019, 08:45:51 PM »
Yes, THAT.   

Hiding in plain sight for all the “smart people” to miss.   It’s quite entertaining to watch. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2019, 10:09:50 PM »
Yes, THAT.   

Hiding in plain sight for all the “smart people” to miss.   It’s quite entertaining to watch.

so you think if the ava was renamed the ma that people would just accept it and fly in it?

semp

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2019, 10:22:07 PM »
so you think if the ava was renamed the ma that people would just accept it and fly in it?

Heh.  I think his complaint is that all planes are not enabled for both sides in the AvA.

Boiled down to its essentials, it expresses a desire to be able to fly your favorite plane.  Many people want to always be able to fly their favorite plane.  Among them are many respected veterans.  While I recognize this, I've never understood it.  AH has so many planes, it seems a shame to ignore the variety.

That said, the AvA is not going to be the same as a two-sided MA.

- oldman