Author Topic: PCI Soundcard Windows 10  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: PCI Soundcard Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 06:48:43 AM »
I have some iMics that I use extensively for the reception of data through Motorola radios at 800/900 mhz and they work majorly better then using a soundcard. But these are input only devices
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 01:20:07 PM »
I have an Asus Strix Z270H card with an onboard sound card. I have used that with different drivers and have also used the top of the line PCIe SB cards. I get macro delays with sound distortion with both when playing AH. I switched to an USB DAC (Astro A40) and the problems went away. Gone. Sure, I don't have all the sound processing options but I don't need those in my gaming box. I have win 10 64-bit.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 08:14:52 AM »
Riser adaptor works flawlessly now I have my fatality xfi sb 7.1 pciex1 card it sounds so much better.
thanks for the help I was getting the issue challenge talked about in a highly populated area in aces high sounds became delayed and or distorted.
sound card fixed it.
I love sound and im a music buff to so onboard didn't work for me.

Also have Corsair HS50 Headphones
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:16:29 AM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 11:52:20 PM »
Riser adaptor works flawlessly now I have my fatality xfi sb 7.1 pciex1 card it sounds so much better.
thanks for the help I was getting the issue challenge talked about in a highly populated area in aces high sounds became delayed and or distorted.
sound card fixed it.
I love sound and im a music buff to so onboard didn't work for me.

Also have Corsair HS50 Headphones

Glad you got it all sorted out!

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 04:56:28 PM »
So I've never paid much attention to sound cards etc and I probably wouldn't buy a dedicated sound card.  But for you audiophiles do you have some motherboards companies that you'd recommend or avoid if using integrated sound?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 02:48:46 AM »
I'm not an audiophile but I do know something about motherboards.

First, most of them seem to have a Realtek sound circuit so there's no big difference to be expected.

Second, the quality of motherboard components has improved vastly in the last decade or maybe even two. Supposedly the sad example of a few reputable manufacturers going down due to failing capacitors made the rest stop cutting their expenses in the wrong place.

Third, there's motherboards that try to improve the built-in sound quality. Some have invested in another sound circuitry like SoundBlaster, some have improved the shielding etc. You'll notice if the manufacturer has done something extra to improve the sound, they tend to advertise it on their product sites.

Fourth, if you're interested in getting a motherboard with better audio, try to find a comparison review for the models you're interested in.

Fifth, although even the cheaper manufacturers have improved their build quality, I'd rather trust the premium names. Their availability and service is good and their pricing isn't any higher than that of the less known brands.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni