Author Topic: MA Radar Setting Request  (Read 4979 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: MA Radar Setting Request
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2019, 04:27:29 PM »
What has changed?

HiTech

The change is as follows:

BEFORE:  A landed aircraft flashes a base when within the dar circle but never shows up on radar.  Forcing planes to actually search.  Add a couple dogfights and the defender is forced to look and fight to maintain SA. 

NOW:  A landed aircraft will show up on DAR when an enemy flies within 6K range even when landed and engines turned off.  A GV at the MR will display the bomber icon parked near town for everyone on country to see. 

Goon hunting has turned into a slaughter.  I personally think it takes away the element of sneaking a goon into a situation while a fight is going on.  I used to fly goons into hot fields all the time trying to slip through the enemy to attempt a take.  To me, now that an enemy can simply search the radar, one just needs to fly straight to the bomber icon that isn't moving and strafe them on the ground. 

I liked the model where you stay below 65 feet you don't show up as a blip.  However if a plane flies within 6K, you should show up if you are not on the ground.  But if parked on the ground, you don't show up at all.  You simply flash the base. 

Thank you for reading my OP.

:rock
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:29:20 PM by SlipKnt »
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2019, 04:45:27 PM »
What if I am parked at 6K?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2019, 08:55:00 AM »
What if I am parked at 6K?

Then you are not in a Goon, you are in a Corsair with the hover flaps extended.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2019, 11:24:00 PM »
. . .
A parachute drop, despite how cool it is, was NOT the preferred method of deployment!
Besides, not carrying parachutes, allowed the plane to carry more troops or useful equipment..
in the CBI, troops were often transported by air, and landed the conventional way..
. . .

On a related note: Today in Normandy.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/97-year-old-wwii-veteran-parachutes-over-normandy-1.584604
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2019, 11:50:13 PM »
The change is as follows:

BEFORE:  A landed aircraft flashes a base when within the dar circle but never shows up on radar.  Forcing planes to actually search.  Add a couple dogfights and the defender is forced to look and fight to maintain SA. 

NOW:  A landed aircraft will show up on DAR when an enemy flies within 6K range even when landed and engines turned off.  A GV at the MR will display the bomber icon parked near town for everyone on country to see. 

Goon hunting has turned into a slaughter.  I personally think it takes away the element of sneaking a goon into a situation while a fight is going on.  I used to fly goons into hot fields all the time trying to slip through the enemy to attempt a take.  To me, now that an enemy can simply search the radar, one just needs to fly straight to the bomber icon that isn't moving and strafe them on the ground. 

I liked the model where you stay below 65 feet you don't show up as a blip.  However if a plane flies within 6K, you should show up if you are not on the ground.  But if parked on the ground, you don't show up at all.  You simply flash the base. 

Thank you for reading my OP.

:rock

Unfortunately, you have players who park a plane in the trees and blink the base for hours until they are found.  Fortunately, that doesn't happen anymore because we can see their icon.  I get what you are saying though slip.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »
I enjoyed hunting those guys down.    I regularly pistol whipped spybro. 

With the changes, people still flash bases but now they can see you coming to get them and they end sortie......because they know exactly how close their hunters are. 

At least the changes have helped the scores and saved a lot of time for the people willing to watch films or bail to see if a proxy kill shows up in their zeal to take the easy route.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 12:50:00 PM by icepac »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »
Don't bailed pilots on the ground show up on proxy dar too? Or was that just a glitch on a few maps I had seen when I played in January?

As of a few weeks ago they still did.  You have to zoom way in on the map to see them.  It is a mini fighter plane icon.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 08:23:47 PM »
Unfortunately, you have players who park a plane in the trees and blink the base for hours until they are found.  Fortunately, that doesn't happen anymore because we can see their icon.  I get what you are saying though slip.

One-eye

I get your point too.  But to me, it is more frustrating that you can not hide a goon anymore or attempt to sneak it in than it is when certain players land and hide planes just for the sake of base flashing.  Personally, I would rather log out and find him on film and come back to kill him rather than having a plane out goon hunting get radar contact  on a parked hiding goon.  More fun hunting.  Especially if there is an ongoing fight.  Forces better SA IMHO. 

If I am white flagged and there is a fight going on and suddenly I see a bomber icon, I will go to the bomber icon every time because I suspect goon.  Not worth fighting if I am about to lose my base.  So I am killing the goon before I engage any fighter or bomber. 

I still wish for this!!!  No icons on planes that are parked on the ground.   :pray
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2019, 08:36:18 AM »
If you zoom close to maprooms you get the bailed pilots to show on dar.  If you zoom your map in you can usually get a good guess where they are hiding.  Goons and Storches dont show up 6k out on the ground.  Distances are cut drastically when near or on the ground.  You still have to get close to them for it to show on dar, but they will eventually show even if you cant see an icon.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2019, 01:51:55 PM »
Currently, if you have a goon and are trying to sneak it in to a field, lets say you park it.

If an enemy plane flies within 6K of said goon (parked on the ground with engines off), the icon shows up on the map for all enemy to see. 

Instead of fighters fighting, they break from the fight and go kill the goon.  Fly right to it.

My wish is that if you are a plane and parked on the deck, you don't show up on radar. 

:airplane:

if main radar is down the view is 3k- but still even at 6k with main radar is down if the enemy  see's you your busted
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2019, 09:25:00 AM »
What has changed?

HiTech

well start playing again
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2019, 09:26:10 AM »
But, how will we find cybro sitting in a zeke deep in the trees blinking the base for hours on end?   :)

One-eye

that can be cured by using the film viewer

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2019, 09:28:23 AM »
Don't bailed pilots on the ground show up on proxy dar too? Or was that just a glitch on a few maps I had seen when I played in January?

bailed pilots show as a plane icon

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2019, 09:34:34 AM »
did you ever notice when approaching a field in flight bombers-fighters something on the base will start flashing before you even get to the radar ring-SB-AF TWN? I thought they weren't supposed to flash until you hit the radar ring.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2019, 09:36:12 AM »
But talking about the RADAR is playing with fire. remember what happened the last time people complained about the RADAR.