Author Topic: I'm back, issues  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
I'm back, issues
« on: February 04, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »
First I'd like to say I'm excited to be back.  Game looks amazing as I've not yet played III yet until today. 

My switches on my stick won't stay mapped.  Is my first issue.  My next issue is that the planes seem way more bouncy than they used to.  Any help appreciated...
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: I'm back, issues
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »
First I'd like to say I'm excited to be back.  Game looks amazing as I've not yet played III yet until today. 

My switches on my stick won't stay mapped.  Is my first issue.  My next issue is that the planes seem way more bouncy than they used to.  Any help appreciated...

Good to see you back, dude.  For control mapping issues, I expect that any number of computer experts will jump in here momentarily.

- oldman

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »
I got my control with the plane issues back to what I want.  My levels were all at the top.  Still can't figure out why my button won't let me look up but keeps switching back to up and back.  Sure made it tough today.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 12:29:37 AM »
Dead band to stop bouncing

I am still awesome by the way

Where have you been anyway?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 02:54:55 AM »
Starting a new thread in the Tech support forum would allow you to include your DxDiag output as an Attachment. That would help seeing if there's some driver/hardware related issues.

Also knowing more about your entire system including how many game controllers and other USB devices you have connected directly to your motherboard instead of a powered USB hub might help.

You can also try renaming/deleting your Settings folder and let the game build a new one to start mapping from scratch.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 04:50:24 AM »
Maybe silly of me to ask. But after you assign the controls, do you hit save or ok or something. If you go back in the clipboard menu without doing this it will go back to default settings.

The second issue could be 2 things in my opinion. You might be still used to the AH2 field of view setting (106) AH3 has a very low fov (80) you might want to crank that up a bit.

The other thing could be that your stick is not properly calibrated. I myself have sometimes issues whit a clean install of AH3.

I hope this will help you and welcome back!

Oh if your on the EU timezone and want to fly with someone. Than don't be shy to send me a pm.

Cheers,
DutchVII
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:33:47 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 05:27:34 AM »
Hey Cremator, good to see you back flying!

Don't forget to calibrate and check/test your controllers in Windows before you calibrate them in AH3 and/or WarOnline:Pacific....

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »
Cremator!  Always great to see an old squadie return to the game. 

I've had those exact same issues with my set up.  I've got a Thrustmaster Hotas, and every now and then everything will be reversed.  My throttle is backwards, my hat switches steer the plane, stick is all wonky.  I have never figured out what the issue is.  I always end up exiting the game and re-assigning everything.  In the last year it's probably happened 5 or 6 times.  Right around a year ago I started storing my Hotas standing up and leaning against the wall under one of my tables.  I'm thinking there's either a loose wire in there or the reset button keeps getting hit.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.