Author Topic: War Online: Pacific controls.html file  (Read 1343 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
War Online: Pacific controls.html file
« on: February 02, 2019, 10:40:57 AM »
as I was doing a completely New Fresh Install, I noticed that on the controls.htmlpage that opens in the game

for the keyboard it showed:

Rudder Center   S
Voice Transmit Range   A   Button 9   CH PRO THROTTLE USB
Rudder Right   D

shouldn't A be listed as "Rudder Left"

Rudder Left doesn't appear anywhere on this controls.html page, that I could find

If I find anymore, I'll post them to this thread

hope this helps

TC

2nd Thought: might it help to have a secondary Bug Report Forum, perhaps like  "WarOnline: Pacific Bug Reports" ?  this way we can keep them separate....just a thought
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: War Online: Pacific controls.html file
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 10:53:02 AM »
Maybe that's why one guy kept keying range while talking to himself. I tried to tell him he was transmitting but I don't think he understood.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 10:16:32 AM »
as I was doing a completely New Fresh Install, I noticed that on the controls.htmlpage that opens in the game

for the keyboard it showed:

Rudder Center   S
Voice Transmit Range   A   Button 9   CH PRO THROTTLE USB
Rudder Right   D

shouldn't A be listed as "Rudder Left"

Rudder Left doesn't appear anywhere on this controls.html page, that I could find

If I find anymore, I'll post them to this thread

hope this helps

TC

2nd Thought: might it help to have a secondary Bug Report Forum, perhaps like  "WarOnline: Pacific Bug Reports" ?  this way we can keep them separate....just a thought

I assume you did not do any key remapping? Mine shows T for transmit range rudder hooked to A S & D.

HiTech

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 12:47:46 PM »
hmm....  I possiblyy could have mapped "Voice Transmit Range" already to my throttle before I noticed that.....that would explain why it is showing up like that

the first button I had mapped was the Range vox channel... then I started looking at that controls.html page

my bad

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 01:46:23 PM »
I logged in last night.  Game updated and no matter what I did I could not stop the guns from firing.  Had to unmap EVERY control setting then restart the game then remap the controls.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:25:42 AM »
I logged in last night.  Game updated and no matter what I did I could not stop the guns from firing.  Had to unmap EVERY control setting then restart the game then remap the controls.
Sounds like the trigger had got mapped to something you wouldn't think as one of your controllers. Those couple of times it happened to me (in AH) it was a mouse button, unmapping it fixed the issue. I've also read about toe brakes occasionally getting the gun trigger mapped.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:28:21 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 04:19:34 AM »
Yeah I have had it happen before in AH however in WOP even when I unmapped every controller.  i.e set all controls to none it still fired the guns.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 10:27:09 AM »
Sounds like a button you have to press no matter what. Left mouse button is what I think first, or any button on the keyboard that enters you to the fight.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »
Lol sorry for not making myself clear when I said i UNMAPPED EVERY CONTROLLER.  Because of that I believe it was a bug.  I am out of this conversation

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 02:24:40 AM »
Sorry for me being painstaking there. I saw you saying "every" but in my job I've seen too often that some elements may not necessarily be counted. Take this nitpicking as a hint to someone who didn't know their $5 mouse could be a gaming controller on par with their $500 flying gear combination.

Kotisivuni