Author Topic: Combat Challenge XXVII - 3/29  (Read 2800 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Combat Challenge XXVII - 3/29
« on: February 14, 2019, 07:16:21 PM »
Combat Challenge XXVII will take place on March 29, 2019 at 11 PM ET. The event will be played on the herve map and will feature 10k air spawns unless the community wishes that to be changed.

We hope to see you there  :salute
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Combat Challenge XXVII - 3/29
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 07:17:52 PM »
The Combat Challenges for the year of 2019 will attempt to offer relief to FSO plane sets. In other words, if the FSO month is Pacific and the following is Eastern front, the Combat Challenge will not be either of those two. This way, we can have one of every front (Mediterranean, Western, Eastern, and Pacific) throughout the year. First up is Mediterranean. Also under review is the idea of scoring based on Axis vs. Allied. This refers to "the top Axis/Allied Squad" of the year. We care more about a balanced fight than anything. The goal is to have an organized, balanced furball that is historically accurate. But, we realize that the prizes can persuade squads to not change sides. Stay tuned for more information.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 09:47:36 PM »
The Combat Challenges for the year of 2019 will attempt to offer relief to FSO plane sets. In other words, if the FSO month is Pacific and the following is Eastern front, the Combat Challenge will not be either of those two. This way, we can have one of every front (Mediterranean, Western, Eastern, and Pacific) throughout the year. First up is Mediterranean. Also under review is the idea of scoring based on Axis vs. Allied. This refers to "the top Axis/Allied Squad" of the year. We care more about a balanced fight than anything. The goal is to have an organized, balanced furball that is historically accurate. But, we realize that the prizes can persuade squads to not change sides. Stay tuned for more information.

:aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »
Combat Challenge XXVII will be held on March 29, beginning at 11 PM ET. The first of four CC's of the year will be Mediterranean themed played on the herve map. The air spawns will be at 10k. Please come out for some guaranteed and balanced furballing action.  :salute

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 03:52:47 PM »
 :rock
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 03:57:32 PM »
BF110's OP :banana:

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 04:56:39 PM »
 :aok
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 09:14:10 PM »
 :banana: :banana: :banana: Decisions, decisions, decisions , 109F or 110C, so hard, so so hard!!!!  :devil :devil :devil :cheers: :salute

Only bad part for me is having to use my back up POS laptop vintage 2006 for it!!!!
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 08:13:58 AM »
Fly both, Dragon.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »
lol I will, probably a floppy fish episode but I'll at least be able to be bait for the rest of the squad lol--- till next month!!! :cheers: :salute            :devil
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 09:01:32 PM »
 :salute
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »
Fun event last night! I really enjoyed the base and fighter distance. Saw a lot less hoard ganging. The #s got a little outa wack in the final 20 min. Most people have a hard time in allied fighting the furball. I think the allied should always have a little more players, just because most American fighters aren't really "furballers" when it comes against Russian and German fighters. In real life allied had more fighters and we're typically entering the fights much higher than the axis. The axis are tough to fight down low and in a furball atmosphere many pilots arent patient enough to only BnZ in the allied planes. I don't really know if there is a great option to adjust anything, I'm just analysing what I saw with relation to the performance of the planes.

Thought there were some great fights. It took 3 minutes to land which was nice, took about 3 minutes to get to the fight for the allied. Tons if intense action and #s were pretty even for most of the event.

Think y'all did a great job with this one.

Thanks for hosting!

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 05:43:47 PM »
Fun event last night! I really enjoyed the base and fighter distance. Saw a lot less hoard ganging. The #s got a little outa wack in the final 20 min. Most people have a hard time in allied fighting the furball. I think the allied should always have a little more players, just because most American fighters aren't really "furballers" when it comes against Russian and German fighters. In real life allied had more fighters and we're typically entering the fights much higher than the axis. The axis are tough to fight down low and in a furball atmosphere many pilots arent patient enough to only BnZ in the allied planes. I don't really know if there is a great option to adjust anything, I'm just analysing what I saw with relation to the performance of the planes.

Thought there were some great fights. It took 3 minutes to land which was nice, took about 3 minutes to get to the fight for the allied. Tons if intense action and #s were pretty even for most of the event.

Think y'all did a great job with this one.

Thanks for hosting!

I agree, got to fly some planes I never much used before, Spit5/D-11. Not much in the ways of alt monkeying, quick action, I had a good time.

Chuikov

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 05:55:51 PM »
Was everyone happy with 10K spawns?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member