Author Topic: OBJ point list? Perk point list?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
OBJ point list? Perk point list?
« on: February 22, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
Does anyone have a list of the base points for say... killing a CV, destroying a building etc?

I know it gets modified by the OBJ or ENY and then by the perk point modifier and aircraft modifier and whatever.  But what's the base for acks, buildings, boats by type etc?

Anyone know or have a link?

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: OBJ point list? Perk point list?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 12:59:51 PM »
I have no list, but if you white flag an untouched town in a bomber formation you will get around 20,000 damage points.  You need at least 86 buildings down to white flag a town, so 20,000 divided by ~86 = ~ 232 damage points per building.  This would be a rough estimate due to assumptions of how many buildings and the total damage points.  Again, when I white flag an untouched town in one pass in a bomber formation, I get around 19k+ to 21k in damaged points when I land.  I would assume you could get a closer value by hitting a town and then counting the number of buildings you actually destroyed and then divide that into the total damage points awarded when you land.  The object hardness setting in the arena setup of a town building is .31.  That same hardness is assigned many of the other objects on a base.  I'm deducing that destroying those objects with the same hardness setting would give you the same damage points per object.  I have never really looked into it, but may in the future just for kicks.  I would think that the hardness setting would be linked to the damage points you would receive.  (shrugs)

One-eye

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:02:06 PM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »
*snip*

I think Hammer is referring to earning perk points, because that's what the OBJ rating has influence on. It does nothing for damage points.
(Damage points are only modified by the type of mission ending and the type/size of weapon used)

And no, I have no list.  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 10:06:45 AM »
And no, I have no list.  ;)

There is something in the game the snail has no list for?! *head asplodes*

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 01:01:47 AM »
Just seems like a strange omission for a game out for almost 2 decades.

Why isnt this public knowledge? To where for example...

A carrier is worth 20 perks dead and has an OBJ of 5, so if an OBJ 20 aircraft formation kills it with a current active ENY of 1.0 for your country that means 80 perks to the pilot striking the death blow.  (totally example numbers)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »
Just seems like a strange omission for a game out for almost 2 decades.

Why isnt this public knowledge? To where for example...

A carrier is worth 20 perks dead and has an OBJ of 5, so if an OBJ 20 aircraft formation kills it with a current active ENY of 1.0 for your country that means 80 perks to the pilot striking the death blow.  (totally example numbers)

Because its only perks? Perks are only used when "buying" the uber planes and GVs. They have nothing to do with score or rank.

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »
Because its only perks? Perks are only used when "buying" the uber planes and GVs. They have nothing to do with score or rank.

I mean that's the "currency" i'm using to fly certain planes.  So what I'm curious of is if I have a choice of taking a Lancaster formation to level a strat vs attacking the same strat with B-26s, or say killing a carrier, what generates more perks.  For example, A B26 flight or TU2 flight might kill a carrier and so will Lancs, but I assume with the higher OBJ on the B26 and TU2s there would be a greater perk score. 

Also, choosing targets for perk farming.  Should I be hitting strats, CVs, Fighter hangers etc.  Per flight per time what's more "worth the effort".

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 01:41:30 PM »
I mean that's the "currency" i'm using to fly certain planes.  So what I'm curious of is if I have a choice of taking a Lancaster formation to level a strat vs attacking the same strat with B-26s, or say killing a carrier, what generates more perks.  For example, A B26 flight or TU2 flight might kill a carrier and so will Lancs, but I assume with the higher OBJ on the B26 and TU2s there would be a greater perk score. 

Also, choosing targets for perk farming.  Should I be hitting strats, CVs, Fighter hangers etc.  Per flight per time what's more "worth the effort".

Most of these questions can be answered without knowing the exact object values just by experience. And luckily I have kept detailed logs on my last ~2,600 bombing missions  :D

In terms of perks/time in bomber mode, nothing beats sinking undamaged capital ships with a Tu-2 or B-26 (even when accounting for the occasional miss or death before reaching your target). Undamaged, because your main source of perks are the countless guns you are destroying, less so the hull.
A distant second is milking towns with with reasonably high (20+) OBJ bombers. Again, Tu-2 and B-26 are great for this, but also light but fast high OBJ bombers like the G4M, Ki-67 or Boston. Tied with this is resupplying towns & strats in a goon (with ditching at your target instead of flying back home)

Bombing bases does give you very little overall perks (hangars take a lot of bombs to kill and are just a single object each). Bombing strats can do significantly better than this, but it depends on type of strat (you want to kill many objects with each bomb, so ammo or city are out) and the distance to your target (time factor).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 01:47:14 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman