Author Topic: VPC Mongoos T-50 Joystick  (Read 2989 times)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: VPC Mongoos T-50 Joystick
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »
One correction to Gman's post: The restock is at 6am GMT, if you wait until 9 that will be to late.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »
Sorry about that - the previous restock was the 23rd at 9am to 12 GMT, they had just changed/pushed back that date to the 27th a few days ago and reset the time to the "usual" time of 6am GMT.  I'm glad they changed it back to a set time, instead of a 3 hour window, as sitting there refreshing that screen for 3 hours waiting for inventory to open up would be pretty tedious. 

Also, there are TM Warthog left handed sticks around, you just have to look.  The guy making them is hard to get a hold of, but I have his contact info if anyone wants it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8YxA2tSLYE
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:31:51 PM by Gman »

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »
I pulled the trigger on the Stick now fingers crossed on the base Wednesday!

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »
I'm going to be ordering again too, the new T50CM2 stick and another Delta stick so I can go HOSAS+Throttle in Star Citizen with identical sticks/bases.  Hopefully they have the mounting plates in stock for the WarBrds too.

Good luck Novice - if you don't get one, PM me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 06:07:26 PM by Gman »

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »
Thank you brother I will!!

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 08:22:23 PM »
Also, to give you an idea on shipping/completion time, I ordered a bunch of stuff on the Feb 9th resupply date, the last one they had IIRC, and my package is now in country (Canada) with TNT/Fedex, they called 2 days ago for the duty/tax (on about $550 USD worth of stuff I was charged $44 CAD, about $34 USD by Fedex's broker over the phone).  Should have it tomorrow morning by the tracking info.  So, right now they are taking about 2 weeks on the dot, which is MUCH better than it was in the past.  My packages didn't even get picked up until the 18th from Virpil's warehouse by the shipper...so it's pretty fast now.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 08:30:45 PM »
That is not bad wait from something that far away. I have lucked out just last week I got an airbag vest for a motorcycle from Germany and paid not tax on it. We shall see what happens with the stick.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 07:43:04 AM »
Boom got one. I emailed asking for them to combine the shippment (since I bought the stick few days ago since I did not want to risk missing out on the left hand stick)and without even prompting they said they will refund me the shipping cost on one. 5 hours later they are out of LH stick and Bases. Their customer service response is prompt as long as you are aware of the time difference. I cant wait to get my grubby hands on it!

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 02:27:14 AM »
The new Virpil T50CM2 base/stick looks really good, an updated and  simpler gimbal, not that anything is wrong with the first T50. 

I bought a bunch of MonsterTech mounts for my Virpil, Gunfighter, TM, and CH setups.  This is my PC setup for DCS/AH3 and Star Citizen HOSAS+throttle or Hotas if I pull the left stick.  I bought extra mounting plates for the Monster mounts for my Gunfighter and Kosomina (sold a couple Gunfighters and just have the Mk2Reb and the newest space stick from VKB left).  I've got another PC setup with the VKB Gunfighter/Space stick the same way, with another Virpil T50 throttle, until VKB's throttle comes out.  The Virpil setup I'm using here has the Monster keyboard and right hand mouse plate attached to the right stick.  The main problem with desk mounts is that the desktop surface and kb/mouse are a far reach, and really tough to find with a VR headset on.  This fixes that really well, finding the KB/mouse is a snap now. 

Most of my hotas collection that I actually use is in the 2nd pic, minus the Gunfighters which are setup (I'll take pics of them too once I'm done cable managing every setup and can kick the nephew/niece off of them long enough for pics).  I still use the X65f sometimes as well, and grabbed Monster plates for that which will fit close enough.  Attached some more pics below.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:36:51 AM by Gman »

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 02:38:07 AM »
The new Virpil T50CM2 base/stick looks really good, an updated and  simpler gimbal, not that anything is wrong with the first T50. 

I bought a bunch of MonsterTech mounts for my Virpil, Gunfighter, TM, and CH setups.  This is my PC setup for DCS/AH3 and Star Citizen HOSAS+throttle or Hotas if I pull the left stick.  I bought extra mounting plates for the Monster mounts for my Gunfighter and Kosomina (sold a couple Gunfighters and just have the Mk2Reb and the newest space stick from VKB left).  I've got another PC setup with the VKB Gunfighter/Space stick the same way, with another Virpil T50 throttle, until VKB's throttle comes out.  The Virpil setup I'm using here has the Monster keyboard and right hand mouse plate attached to the right stick.  The main problem with desk mounts is that the desktop surface and kb/mouse are a far reach, and really tough to find with a VR headset on.  This fixes that really well, finding the KB/mouse is a snap now. 

Most of my hotas collection that I actually use is in the 2nd pic, minus the Gunfighters which are setup (I'll take pics of them too once I'm done cable managing every setup and can kick the nephew/niece off of them long enough for pics).  I still use the X65f sometimes as well, and grabbed Monster plates for that which will fit close enough.  Attached some more pics below.

(Image removed from quote.)

So which stick do you like for AH3? Also WarThunder, the realistic and full on sim modes though lol, no arcade BS for me lol :rofl       :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 08:41:40 PM »
If anyone orders from Virpil, and would like to do me a favor. I need a T-50 throttle dust cover. I'll of course pay for the dust cover and shipping from you to me as well as kick some in on the shipping from Virpil. PM me if you think you might.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »
So which stick do you like for AH3? Also WarThunder, the realistic and full on sim modes though lol, no arcade BS for me lol :rofl       :cheers: :salute

I prefer a very, very light stick (as in CH Figher/Combat stick sort of light) for AH, the stick gets moved around an awful lot in WW2 pvp games, and I find I just prefer it this way after 20+ years of doing so.  It's a bit more difficult to get the Virpil sticks that light (it can be done with aftermarket springs and messing around with the cams, using the Cosmo/space cams and a very light spring will do it), but the VKB Gunfighter has springs in the box that allow you to make it even lighter than the CH (I use the 2nd lightest springs myself and it's pretty much a CH analogue so far as the force needed to move the stick). 

Using a TM Warthog or preferably Cougar stick (Cougar has the pinky switch in a better spot for larger hands, big time), on top of a Virpil Warbrd base, even with stock springs, makes a pretty light motion as well.

So I either use the VKB Gunfighter, or a Virpil Warbrd base with the Cougar stick  handle and an aftermarket spring for AH3, at least I did when I was still flying AH3, and will again when I start playing this game again.  Some prefer a stiffer stick though, and the T50 or stock Warbrd would be perfect for this game as well, all of these newer sticks from former Soviet republics are very, very accurate.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2019, 03:03:21 PM »
I ordered a warthog... has not arrived yet but I am looking forward to it...
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll