Author Topic: texture creation fail message  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
texture creation fail message
« on: February 24, 2019, 05:11:52 PM »
used to get these messages once and a while but this weekend it made the game un playable . maybe the update ? maybe that map > idk ...any help ?
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
Re: texture creation fail message
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:23:27 PM »
very disappointing ....if i cant play i guess i cant play ...thanks alot

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »
there was a thread posted about this not long ago. let me see if I can find it as it explained whats going on and perhaps a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 07:59:04 PM »
I think it had something to do with the clipboard maps on some maps but don't quote me on that.

I would remove the files from the terrain folder and log back in and let it download them again. See if this fixes the issue. note down which map starts throwing that error.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 01:40:01 AM »
What have you done other than starting this post? There's a lot of tricks that could apply to your problem as well. Since there's not much talk about this issue, it must be quite rare.
  • Have you started another thread under Help and Training or Hardware and Software or General? Not recommendable, but some do that. If you haven't, don't!
  • Have you reinstalled the game over the existing one? Copying your Settings folder to another location is safe, but not crucial since they should not be overwritten.
  • Have you deleted the Desktop icon and created a new one?
  • You didn't attach a DxDiag output to your post to see if there's something fishy in your computer. Drivers, hardware mismatch, things like that.

Trying to help with minimal information is like diagnosing the guy at the Doctor's: When I poke my forehead, it hurts. When I poke my stomach, it hurts. Everywhere I poke, it hurts! - Your fingertip is bruised...

So please, tell us more.  :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 06:05:18 AM »
What version of the game are you using aceshigh9 or aceshigh11?

A DXDIAG output would be helpful as well.

Errors like that are normally associated with the video card running out of resources.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 07:22:09 AM »
What version of the game are you using aceshigh9 or aceshigh11?

A DXDIAG output would be helpful as well.

Errors like that are normally associated with the video card running out of resources.

I've had this happen after creating a terrain in the TE and not generating a clipboard map, importing it and testing it in offline mode. When I went back and created the clipboard map all was good.

just a thought.

cheers

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 09:22:08 AM »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 09:34:55 AM »
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 09:40:49 AM »
I often get this error when I mouse over a base on the clipboard map.  Doesn't seem to affect gameplay.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »
Ty for the responses ...maybe i was a bit impatient ..but usually i get someone to say something ...it only seems to happen on some maps i think . i checked the texture resolution thing and it was on the highest setting...4000 something ...i reduced it to the 2000 range and have seen a improvement ...i can see my tracers alot better now ...what does the texture  res do anyway ?  i will run one of those dionostic things

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 07:46:21 PM »
which maps is it happening on?

Run the maps on offline mode and make a list of maps that are giving you there errors.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 02:09:47 AM »
Ty for the responses ...maybe i was a bit impatient ..but usually i get someone to say something ...it only seems to happen on some maps i think . i checked the texture resolution thing and it was on the highest setting...4000 something ...i reduced it to the 2000 range and have seen a improvement ...i can see my tracers alot better now ...what does the texture  res do anyway ?  i will run one of those dionostic things

The texture resolution thing is the modern version of the Hi Res pack we used to have in earlier versions, sort of. If I understand it right it tells how many dots per square unit can be used to draw a surface, be it a plane or just the ground. It affects the accuracy of details with the cost of more stress to the video card. How much difference that makes depends on other variables as well, like your monitor and the game you're playing. AH is not about finding tiny trinkets in gloomy holes so a lower value doesn't hurt your gameplay. Sometimes on the contrary as you mentioned by seeing the tracers better.

That's why the DxDiag report would be nice to see, it would tell if your system is up to the task for the highest levels or not.

Kotisivuni

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 04:13:30 AM »
ok here it is ...and ty for your time guys ... did i do that right ?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 06:32:53 AM »
Thanks, Doghouse, just what was needed and exactly in the form preferred!

Aaaannddd... Things are starting to clarify, the main culprit is obvious: Although your hardware looks decent, a powerful processor and a sufficient amount of RAM and an entry level video card, you're sacrificing most of the power to a 32 bit operating system! So despite having a nice 8 GB of RAM, the 32 bit Windows only can use less than half of it. A full clean reinstall is required to change it to 64 bit, on the good side you don't have to buy another license for that. Just download the installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and follow the instructions. More advice will be given here if needed. Remember, that will ERASE EVERYTHING so copy all your valuables to another media before upgrading the OS.

Unfortunately upgrading the OS is not the only bottleneck. The processor may also be one, depending whether it's of the type that can only use one core for AH or not. With luck it uses more than one core. On the plus side is the high single core performance and that even with a single core running AH the other three can be used to run other Windows tasks supposing Windows can assign them to other cores than the one that runs AH.

Yet another bottleneck is your video card. Although it's a gamer, it's an entry level gaming card and somewhat dated. Then again, it uses the faster GDDR5 memory which is a very good thing. Another good thing is that your monitor (TV) is only 720p which doesn't put much load on the video card. Those two are actually quite balanced together which should give you quite high refresh rates, a solid 60 fps most of the time with some settings cut down from the default. The texture resolution thing is among them, Environment mapping, shadows and post lighting effects should also be disabled for a smooth performance. Most likely you won't notice much difference.

Conclusion: The worst bottleneck is the 32 bit Windows operating system. Updating that is the first step to take and it's free, it only takes you a day to install, update, find and install all the motherboard drivers and install all your programs not forgetting to copy your files back from the external media. The rest should do unless you're planning to upgrade your monitor to a 1080p or even higher. That would mean upgrading the entire system.

Kotisivuni