Author Topic: March 5th Jeep Race  (Read 788 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
March 5th Jeep Race
« on: February 27, 2019, 05:19:09 AM »
Tuesday Team Tournament : Jeep Race  SEA 2  9PM EST/8 PM CST

Players will start at A29 Vehicle Hangar (8,14 kp 2) and on the text command GO!!!!  They will race Northwest
overland to the Enemy Troop Facility (sector line of 7,14 - 8,14) which represents the scheduled Pit Stop and destroy
one object.  Once the Pit Stop has been completed, racers will continue Northwest overland to A34 (7,14 kp 8)
and End Sortie for a successful landing. 

This is a one life event.  Players will have 2 Vehicle Supplies to help Team members should a team mate suffer
an accident and needs assistance.  Players must be in a Team Uniform (Gold or Silver Team) for official score. 

Race is finished when all upright players have reached the finish line or all players have crashed and are
unavailable for rescue.

Arena Settings:
Terrain SFMA2016
Killshooter ON
Full Radar Vehicles
Enemy Ground Lethality set at .001
Gods Eye Enabled
T + 5 Fields Closed

Players who wish to practice Offline or in Custom Arenas.  First, select SFMA2016 terrain and enter offline or custom arena. 
On your clipboard map, select Options > Arena Setup > Fields.  In left side page, marked Fields, click A29 and A34 and click Bishop in left side box marked Current Country.
On your clipboard map, select Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Weapons Tab.  Double click each of the Ground Auto settings (top 3) and in left side box change to .001.

Those who arrive after Fields Closed and racers who crash and are unable to continue the race will be able to watch from Gods Eye View.

Who will be the first Jeep Race Champion?

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: March 5th Jeep Race
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 09:04:39 AM »
I foresee jeep racing skins in the near future if folks flock to this. Racing used to be popular in AH.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 10:53:42 AM »
Do we earn style points for sweet jumps?

:devil :devil :devil
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:56:03 AM by DubiousKB »
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 05:04:33 PM »
Do we earn style points for sweet jumps?

(Image removed from quote.)

:devil :devil :devil

You film it, you get it.  :aok
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline akbmzawy

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 05:29:29 PM »
I flew the route in a Storch and would recommend any players do same with jeep or any aircraft to familiarize themselves with the terrain. Most of the obstacles are trees.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 06:59:32 PM »
SEA 2 is set for the race.  Gods Eye View is enabled for those who wish to get a bead on the best routes to take.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »
and that is done how again?

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »
We had a great first run with 12 racers equally divided between the two teams.  :salute  I would like to thank everyone who participated.  :salute :salute :salute

I have the logs posted.  They are under the Scenario tab.   TTT: Jeep Race; 5 Mar 2019.  I originally placed them in Snapshot but they wound up in Scenario.  Give me a couple of days for the results.

The first place winner will be the shortest time from start to finish in their log and then each place winner after.  Not necessarily would be the first one to the finish line be the winner.  Cannonball rules!!!!!!

Next Tuesday will be the Base Capture Bonanza event.  C-47s racing for the base capture.  Starting with the SMPizza map and only one troop for capture, Goons dashing from one base to the next.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:40:50 PM by AKKuya »

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 08:50:44 AM »
Logs aren't working for me.

Was an interesting event, thanks for putting it on.

Not easy to avoid hypnotization from those palm trees flying by...  :confused:

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life