Author Topic: Ordnance disabled popup  (Read 3734 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Ordnance disabled popup
« on: March 03, 2019, 04:56:37 PM »

These can be rather annoying if you are going through selections in the hangar that happen to be heavy.   Sometimes getting a whole bunch of these stacked on top of each other that require multiple pointy-clicky tediousness to get rid of.

Is there a way to get the message in the text bar, like join requests? 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Ordnance disabled popup
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:06:03 PM »
An extreme example, but still...

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 07:48:07 AM »
Looks like a wish but since it's in help and training...

You can easily avoid creating a stack of messages.

Just click on the OK when the message appears and it goes away.   :aok

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 08:36:26 AM »
Looks like a wish but since it's in help and training...

You can easily avoid creating a stack of messages.

Just click on the OK when the message appears and it goes away.   :aok

Until you choose another plane in the hangar that also happens to be heavy.  And you didn't answer the question in the op:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:42:13 AM by caldera »

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:06:11 AM »
This was in the wish sub forum many moons ago, but getting in the habit of checking status lights board in tower is a simple work around for these annoyances. Be nice to see empty ordnance racks instead and/ or voice informing of conditions.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 09:42:21 AM »
This was in the wish sub forum many moons ago, but getting in the habit of checking status lights board in tower is a simple work around for these annoyances.

Unless you've happened to be on a jabo kick for the last little while and have taken ord on many aircraft that can carry it.  It would be nice if you could choose an aircraft like say, a P47 or P51 that you happened to have used heavy the last time without having popup windows before you can get rid of the ord.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 09:59:43 AM »
Until you choose another plane in the hangar that also happens to be heavy.  And you didn't answer the question in the op:

I'ts likely Hitech can code it. I'm not sure it's worth the time but it's not my call. Putting the message in the text buffer would let you take off without ords and not notice it.

Another option is to go through the aircraft list at a base where ords are not disabled, to avoid clicking on the popup.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »
If I was going to wish for something with regard to this it would be that if you click on a plane that last time had ords and you were on a base without then the ord piles in the hanger would have big Xs through them and your plane would simply not have them when you launched. After that sortie if you happened to click on the plane again but at a base with ords your plane would then have the ords until you clicked them away. Same thing with fuel tanks. This way if, for instance, you always take bombs in the bomb bay of the mossie you'd be good to go all the time, Bombers like Lancs etc. just wouldn't launch at a base without Ords.
Pies not kicks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 05:32:19 PM »
When ordinance is disabled, could have two saw horses with a 2x4 across them in front of the selection pallets and a sign nailed hanging down that says (No Ordnance Available) instead of the popup. Include a note about fuel at the same time when it's down to 75%. How it transitions when ord and fuel is available...meh.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
It would be nice to pop up by default, but like stated in a previous post...be able to type .showord 0 like we can do .showjoin 0.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 09:59:24 AM »
Wouldn't it suffice with only one single announcement per a visit in the hangar instead of getting it for each plane? Without the OK button, of course, so it would be visible for all plane choices. Maybe in the chalk board style?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
I don't think it's a problem, Caldera was just asking if there was an option to put it in the text bar.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »
I don't think it's a problem, Caldera was just asking if there was an option to put it in the text bar.

IMHO it is somewhat of an issue to someone like myself who doesn't know which plane to choose before scrolling through some of them. Not a problem, that's true, but more or less annoying when you're clicking OK for the umpteenth time trying to find the Jabo with the biggest cannons and each of the candidates has eggs chosen either by default or after the last sortie with that plane.

I know there's players who know both the historical and in-game armament variations for each plane but I'm not one of them. When I started, I knew even less. Supposedly the new players of today may know even less, there's not too many ww2 aviation comics around these days.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 12:24:02 PM »
If you learned one plane a year you'd know 18 planes now.   :aok

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 01:39:35 AM »
The last window that opened has keyboard focus. No need to click, just press enter. Works only for the latest window that opened.