Author Topic: Match play challenge  (Read 2475 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Match play challenge
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »
Interesting the AI would not populate and only the P51D was available after .sgt 3. But the match creation was there and I could setup a match to run. Obviously I'm not privy to how to get the 6 AI to launch and be active as interactive combat drones visa this setup.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »
Interesting the AI would not populate and only the P51D was available after .sgt 3. But the match creation was there and I could setup a match to run. Obviously I'm not privy to how to get the 6 AI to launch and be active as interactive combat drones visa this setup.

If your in a custom arena , the variable DroneCnt needs to be set to something more then zero.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 04:10:14 PM »
The var file for myterr has DroneCnt set to 6, I copied the var file from the terrain dueling which is the Match Play arena terrain to myterr.var. So the settings for the MatchPlay arena in it's var file are the var file for myterr.var which I imported to the custom arena I was testing. The arena setup option for drones was grayed out so I could never access the 6 drone slots to make any changes there.

The file myterr.pln has only one slot with "y" in it: 0:yyn

Should I copy the contents of the deuling.pln to myterr.pln which has many rides enabled and I think GV disabled? I just checked in the terrain editor and all rides are enabled for all three feilds for myterr. How do I get an updated pln file to effect rides available in the custom arena for myterr? Copy the contents of dueling.pln to myterr.pln then do another HOST upload? Myterr.fld has the correct number of feilds.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »
Yall hi jacked this mans thread

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »
Think I figured it out and have 6 drones flying the Match Play arena AI circuit. Now to let them shoot at me to make sure these are combat enabled drones since I am testing without TR enabled. Had to enable all rides at each field with the fields setup option in the clipboard. Then when I did .stg 3, drones started populating from the M Entry at field 1.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 04:45:30 PM »
That sucked, it works just like furballing in the MA. The La rammed me head on while the spit and N1K2 ganged me from behind. They must have been angry becasue I killed their buddy AI5. But, at least it works on the custom arena HOST. Wish it worked in offline mode as a drone combat type option. Fixed over the field or combat free AI.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »
What rule is it for hijacking? :D
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 10:03:26 PM »
What rule is it for hijacking? :D

You are about to break a different rule.  :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2019, 11:51:58 PM »
Yall hi jacked this mans thread
Totally agree lol....was just about to say how is all this relavent to the OP...... :neener:
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 11:18:59 AM »
Well now you know how to setup a custom arena with the A1 only flying around to practice for taking on the OP's challenge.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 11:41:35 AM »
Well now you know how to setup a custom arena with the A1 only flying around to practice for taking on the OP's challenge.

Put these directions on the arena message for the offline arena so that players will know.  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 11:43:13 AM »
10 kills in a niki.

That's pretty good! Definitely a good challenge to beat! Pics for proof though would be nice going forward.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »
You are about to break a different rule.  :)
And that would be? :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 02:37:44 PM »
And that would be? :)

Amateur administration.  :D

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 03:47:26 PM »
One more example courtesy of Mr. Hitech to show players they have all the tools to accomplish many things themselves they waste time on with the wish list and complaint posts. Anyone could have splooged down 10sq miles of 1000ft high land in the terrain editor and left it with the default clutter painted tile. Then laid down 3 airfields 1 for each country, HQ for each country and one M Entry object at field A1. Then ask how to upload to the custom arena HOST which many would respond who already do it. The info is in this post to change the custom arena to match play which will launch drones as AI enemies. Then when they launch their ride, it automatically air spawns in the circuit with all the bloodthirsty drones waiting to HO and ram them.

Pretty relevant to this POST's subject. And while I built all that and tested it, I fixed the problem on my current terrain I posted screen captures of.

The original problem.

Rearranging the surrounding mountains to solve the problem which creates a whole lot of new mountain finishing work to clean up the changes.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing