Author Topic: TWINBOOM - here is how you owned me  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: TWINBOOM - here is how you owned me
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 03:37:20 PM »
Ill side with the one who doesn't have to tell people how good he is.

Who dat?

(J/K)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 04:08:37 PM »
Who dat?

(J/K)

Twinboom doen't need to blow his horn. He has been here far long enough to not even get serious about flying anymore. This is a fun pass time.

I feel the same way these days. I'm sure some still wear their medals and try to pick up women with their stories of pilot stuff.

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 04:42:15 PM »
Twinboom doen't need to blow his horn. He has been here far long enough to not even get serious about flying anymore. This is a fun pass time.

I feel the same way these days. I'm sure some still wear their medals and try to pick up women with their stories of pilot stuff.

There's medals?!  :x

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 07:14:08 PM »

I get the feeling some in this thread buy some and wear them for picking up women.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 08:08:14 PM »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 11:23:00 PM »
ToC Plaques  :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 09:54:45 AM »
Oh Fess, you boasted on 200 how you were gonna clear the skies at that base after I killed you. I climbed to the neighbor base to meet you and your ego. You fought well but I remember your pony buddy saving you first before the others showed up. no need to lose your money bruh. I have days where im great and days I cant hit nothing but, I have fun regardless. thanks for the chuckle post. Funny to see I got to you bruh.

TB out
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 05:56:43 AM »
Oh Fess, you boasted on 200 how you were gonna clear the skies at that base after I killed you. I climbed to the neighbor base to meet you and your ego. You fought well but I remember your pony buddy saving you first before the others showed up. no need to lose your money bruh. I have days where im great and days I cant hit nothing but, I have fun regardless. thanks for the chuckle post. Funny to see I got to you bruh.

TB out

No BRUH  <damn bro y'all gansta> you did not get to me.  The whole principle of the fight gets to me at the moment.  Do you (people) actually want to fight or do you want to fly fast stay safe and know that your bullets will eventually collect kills?  here are so few people left in the game that are willing to commit to a fight that I question the point of playing.  I am not alone in this assessment.

Then, when you call people out and ask them to go 1 on 1, well 99.9% of them decline for a number of very good reasons:

• Been there done that
Not with me you have not some come show your class
  • Not worth my time
"I cannot win but I will mouth off like a champ knowing I will never be found out"

My favourite was a few weeks ago...."get a faster plane or a slower mouth"  This was from a P51 that as soon as he saw a near co alt 51 just turned and ran.  He is a well known 51 pilot.  Maybe has a very high K/D ratio.  He see a co alt con at the 6k vis range and just runs!!!!!!

Sorry, I do not get that.

Here is my take on it.  If you have a bunch of fighter jocks who forget the fighter stuff....well all you got is a bunch of jocks.  Hell if that is your thing join me in the green room at the Blue Oyster Bar on a Wednesday night.  Password is 'Tickles' and if you whisper it into the doorman's ear he will give you a nice touch up on entry.  Buttless chaps are optional but I am guessing that would not be an issue for you.

Now, what I think makes this game great is in the video provided.  Listen to my comments.  I recognise early on this is a good fight and I could have won or lost.  I was lucky enough to win but what makes it stand out is we both just went at it.  Yes, there was a friendly in the mix but was he really?  He was a runner and Notar chose to give up on that and engage in a fight.  The other guy made 1 ineffective pass, I am guessing a new guy learning the game.

For the first time in many years I was at home this weekend and I did not log in.  I chose instead to pay for subs in World of Warships and iRacing.  IMO the action in AH3 does not attract the combat player, it attracts the points player.  So be it but do not sit there and wonder why the best game of its genre cannot keep players.  Need to find a way to promote the fight.  Looks at EVERY other SUCCESSFUL combat game out there......guess what, they all force combat.

Respect to Notar.  Great fight and I would be just as happy win or lose in that situation.  Listen to what I was saying as it developed.  I recognised very early on it was going to be a good fight.  Then he did a couple of great turns that had me on the defensive.  I got away with it and ended up with some good hits on him.  The problem is HITECH cannot convince you guys to fight.  All he can do is provide the arena (which is waaaayyy to big in AH3).  To run or fight is up to the player.

Feel free to meet me in the DA.  I will actually be happy to lose as I will learn from it.

Enjoy the vid.  IMO it is the way the game should be played.  Sorry, forward to about 2:20 for the fight.  ps, the head up view is me grabbing a beer.  I find drinking dulls the pain of fighting runners all day long.  <I drink a lot when flying>

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:59:58 AM by FESS67 »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 08:30:48 AM »
<I drink a lot when flying>

Bout all you needed to say. That up then down vertical stuff just ain't fair.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 11:55:38 AM »
The way you blew the E in that Notar fight is making me cringe lol.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »
The way you blew the E in that Notar fight is making me cringe lol.

I think the point he's trying to make is that blowing e is what real online cartoon dog-fighters are supposed to do, isn't it? Of course, if that's the case, I must be doing all the right things*.  Now if only I could master chastising/lecturing players on 200 and posting films on the forum that prove players that kill me svck. :D

*Including choosing early war chug-a-lugs, flying to huge red dar-bars to get surrounded by late war enemy planes, flying on the deck, seeing how long I can avoid death by scissoring/ rolling scissoring, etc.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
I think the point he's trying to make is that blowing e is what real online cartoon dog-fighters are supposed to do, isn't it? Of course, if that's the case, I must be doing all the right things*.  Now if only I could master chastising/lecturing players on 200 and posting films on the forum that prove players that kill me svck. :D

*Including choosing early war chug-a-lugs, flying to huge red dar-bars to get surrounded by late war enemy planes, flying on the deck, seeing how long I can avoid death by scissoring/ rolling scissoring, etc.

The bad ones blow everything they have by the second turn or Immelmann. I’ve been saying it for years, if you wanna win every fight figure out what lateral separation is.

A lot of guys didn’t get the chance to get their butts spanked by a Ta152 low and slow flown by a gentlemen named m00t. Truly a master at turning your advantage into his by using your plane against you.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 02:41:35 PM »
The bad ones blow everything they have by the second turn or Immelmann. I’ve been saying it for years, if you wanna win every fight figure out what lateral separation is.

this sounds like me...