Author Topic: I have reinstalled VR---I suck  (Read 1045 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
I have reinstalled VR---I suck
« on: March 15, 2019, 07:15:59 AM »
Anyone willing to help me get to grips with this?  I feel I am fighting at 150% immersion but 30% effectiveness.

I know Flippz and Owl use VR and they are a handful for me with tracker.  In VR I would be cannon fodder.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: I have reinstalled VR---I suck
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:06:38 AM »
Map a rear view button or hat so you can look back easily. Set your head position for the rear view if you need to see around the headrest.

Hold your head still if you use a view hat to change views. Once you are looking at a view you can scan around it.

You probably have to turn your head more than you're used to if you used TIR.  Setting the TIR 1:1 with no acceleration will get you used to VR head tracking. It takes time to re-adjust to normal head tracking.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:25:38 PM »
Map a straight up view button also .. I use mine all the time in VR
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 01:32:27 PM »
Map a rear view button or hat so you can look back easily. Set your head position for the rear view if you need to see around the headrest.

Hold your head still if you use a view hat to change views. Once you are looking at a view you can scan around it.

You probably have to turn your head more than you're used to if you used TIR.  Setting the TIR 1:1 with no acceleration will get you used to VR head tracking. It takes time to re-adjust to normal head tracking.
THIS :aok Its how I did it,when I couldnt use VR for more than an hour or so. Made transition easier..BY FAR
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 09:35:12 PM »
yeah.  That is why I stopped using VR in here.  I did not buy a head tracking system to use hat keys to look around.  Limitation of VR rather than the game I know.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 02:43:46 PM »
yeah.  That is why I stopped using VR in here.  I did not buy a head tracking system to use hat keys to look around.  Limitation of VR rather than the game I know.
I dont need a button any more....should have added that in my response. I dont use a "swivel chair" either. Actually its a cushion in small of my back that makes me sit straighter...have plenty of room to twist at hips :aok Took some getting used too, but running TIR and VR with same 1:1 tracking helped immensely. Although as you noticed in DA with me the other day....I can find a way to lose sight,now and again :x Also I have a sort of "lap desk" for my stick, that way I dont lose grip with twist- away from- my sticks location. Had it on my right side and any hard twist left, meant I had to adjust my grip to get enough twist.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 02:51:03 PM »
I use a look up button as it’s easier when in tight turn fights. Also have a look back on the hat.

I agree some what with the why you purchase a head tracking system. But we have to understand there is a limiting element that can easily be over came. It took a lil to get used to but would not go back for anything. Two other squaddies have gotten vr and one loves it and the other I think hates it. So it’s what you are used to and like.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »
Turning tracers off in vr helps as the tracers are so large and bright in that resolution it affected my aim. As flippz stated there is a learning curve but I will not go back to monitor flying as the immersion is worth it.
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »
Do you wear glasses at all, if you do the 3rd party lenses are essential imho.